Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2004 DSM ShootOut topic #996
View in threaded mode

Subject: "a brief shootout update" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100May-22-04 05:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#996, "a brief shootout update"

Ok, I'm not sure if this info is out there yet so here it is. So we know the shootout is on Sunday, August 15th. There is NO import event on the Saturday before the shootout this year.

So, that means this Saturday will be kind of slow. I heard that the plan is on Saturday there will be the DSM car show and dyno competition (wouldn't it be nice if someone brought a 420a eclipse that put down some high HP numbers???), but that's not confirmed.

I'm so far planning on leaving friday morning and arriving that late afternoon, because that would mean all night friday and all day saturday you can relax and just hang out. I know some people will still try to arrive saturday though, because it's hard to go when there isn't much to do that day. But, so far, I'll see you that friday/saturday.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
95 silver gsMay-22-04 06:54 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2002
853 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#997, "RE: a brief shootout update"
In response to Reply # 0

Could always hit up cedar point also.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

blcktalipseMay-22-04 08:22 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2003
1067 posts,
#998, "RE: a brief shootout update"
In response to Reply # 1

or theres alcohol!?!

ugh i cant drink-legally...(hint hint)

BuckNuttyMay-22-04 09:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#999, "RE: a brief shootout update"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by blcktalipse
or theres alcohol!?! ugh i cant drink-legally...(hint hint)

Bingo!

I imagine that there will be plenty of alcohol and partying going down to justify heading out to get there friday eve. Just my $0.02 USD IMO

95greenhrcgsMay-23-04 05:23 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
#1000, "RE: a brief shootout update"
In response to Reply # 3

I will be there regardless. Alcohol, or Cedar Point sound great, but even just chillin with everyone will suit me just fine too. Cant wait!

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeamDR1665May-23-04 12:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#1001, "RE: a brief shootout update"
In response to Reply # 4

Uber and I will be rolling in with the Chicago group methinks, so more than likely Friday sometime as well. How's about we all roll up to the lake and have a big ass 2GNT BBQ? That would rawk imo. Swimming (if the lake is decent), drinking, ribs, drinking, burgers, drinking, brats, drinking, boozing, drinking, getting shit-faced, drinking, puking, drinking, etc.. It could be really cool. LOL I'd be willing to throw my little Weber grill in the hatch for the trip if there weren't BBQ already set up in a beach front park or something.

Just seems like a laid back way to hang out and get to know each other while drinking and staying cool.

BuckNuttyMay-23-04 02:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#1005, "RE: a brief shootout update"
In response to Reply # 5

we could call up the Norwalk Inn and see if we could use the large clearing across from them behind Burger King IMO. Be perfect for a lil get together and all the cool people have their hotel rooms right there

TeamXtremeRSMay-23-04 02:10 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1006, "RE: a brief shootout update"
In response to Reply # 6

I think its pretty cool that there is nothing going on at the track on Saturday..Last year, the majority of 2gnt group was broken up,and people did their own thing..I know people are talking about going to Cedar Point, but come on..this even only happens once a year, and for a lot of us 2gnt'ers at one spot, taking advantage of the saturday will be awsome..Spending the day hanging out, drinkin da beers, messin with the cars, and shootin the shit, sounds like more fun to me, than an amusement park

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

UberingramMay-23-04 02:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#1007, "RE: a brief shootout update"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Spending the day hanging out, drinkin da beers, messin with the cars, and shootin the shit, sounds like more fun to me, than an amusement park

Fuckin-A. w3rd to that.

BuckNuttyMay-23-04 03:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#1008, "RE: a brief shootout update"
In response to Reply # 8

el dooblay wyrd IMO

TeamDR1665May-23-04 04:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#1009, "RE: a brief shootout update"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Uberingram
Originally posted by XtremeRS Spending the day hanging out, drinkin da beers, messin with the cars, and shootin the shit, sounds like more fun to me, than an amusement park
Fuckin-A. w3rd to that.

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2004 DSM ShootOut topic #996 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic