Go back to previous topic
Forum name2004 DSM ShootOut
Topic subjecta brief shootout update
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=39&topic_id=996
996, a brief shootout update
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, I'm not sure if this info is out there yet so here it is. So we know the shootout is on Sunday, August 15th. There is NO import event on the Saturday before the shootout this year.

So, that means this Saturday will be kind of slow. I heard that the plan is on Saturday there will be the DSM car show and dyno competition (wouldn't it be nice if someone brought a 420a eclipse that put down some high HP numbers???), but that's not confirmed.

I'm so far planning on leaving friday morning and arriving that late afternoon, because that would mean all night friday and all day saturday you can relax and just hang out. I know some people will still try to arrive saturday though, because it's hard to go when there isn't much to do that day. But, so far, I'll see you that friday/saturday.
997, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by 95 silver gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Could always hit up cedar point also.
998, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by blcktalipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
or theres alcohol!?!

ugh i cant drink-legally...(hint hint)
999, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by blcktalipse
or theres alcohol!?! ugh i cant drink-legally...(hint hint)

Bingo!

I imagine that there will be plenty of alcohol and partying going down to justify heading out to get there friday eve. Just my $0.02 USD IMO
1000, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by 95greenhrcgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I will be there regardless. Alcohol, or Cedar Point sound great, but even just chillin with everyone will suit me just fine too. Cant wait!
1001, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Uber and I will be rolling in with the Chicago group methinks, so more than likely Friday sometime as well. How's about we all roll up to the lake and have a big ass 2GNT BBQ? That would rawk imo. Swimming (if the lake is decent), drinking, ribs, drinking, burgers, drinking, brats, drinking, boozing, drinking, getting shit-faced, drinking, puking, drinking, etc.. It could be really cool. LOL I'd be willing to throw my little Weber grill in the hatch for the trip if there weren't BBQ already set up in a beach front park or something.

Just seems like a laid back way to hang out and get to know each other while drinking and staying cool. :shrug

1005, RE: a brief shootout update
we could call up the Norwalk Inn and see if we could use the large clearing across from them behind Burger King IMO. Be perfect for a lil get together and all the cool people have their hotel rooms right there :shrug
1006, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think its pretty cool that there is nothing going on at the track on Saturday..Last year, the majority of 2gnt group was broken up,and people did their own thing..I know people are talking about going to Cedar Point, but come on..this even only happens once a year, and for a lot of us 2gnt'ers at one spot, taking advantage of the saturday will be awsome..Spending the day hanging out, drinkin da beers, messin with the cars, and shootin the shit, sounds like more fun to me, than an amusement park :)
1007, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by XtremeRS
Spending the day hanging out, drinkin da beers, messin with the cars, and shootin the shit, sounds like more fun to me, than an amusement park :)

Fuckin-A. w3rd to that.
1008, RE: a brief shootout update
el dooblay wyrd IMO
1009, RE: a brief shootout update
Originally posted by Uberingram
Originally posted by XtremeRS Spending the day hanging out, drinkin da beers, messin with the cars, and shootin the shit, sounds like more fun to me, than an amusement park :)
Fuckin-A. w3rd to that.

1010, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I forgot about Cedar point. Some NEDSM people head over there when they have free time during the shootout, but I know I wouldn't mind just hanging out with and getting to know everyone from 2gnt. I'd actually prefer it.

Unfortunately Frank, I don't think we'll be able to use the field near the hotel to just hang out. The cops gave us problems last year when we hung around outside too long (I'm sure you guys remember that shit head who gave us crap about having beer outside the hotel) and I think that would be a problem still. But then again, at the econolodge people were drinking all night and even causing problems (damn scooter people) and no one stopped them. We'd have to find a place where we could go and cook some burgers and such, like the lake if it's not a problem going there, or somewhere else like that.
1011, RE: a brief shootout update
nah...not the field at The Mod Hotel...Norwalk Inn.

I am kinda glad the cop wasn't a dick when he rolled up...as i was under age and sipping my beer when he came in...I think that may have caused some issues.
1012, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by swhit321, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so is ther anything going on at the track on saturday or friday? maybe practice warm ups or free runs?
1013, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.norwalkraceway.com/event/2004/08

Sounds like your average Test&Tune going on Saturday.
1014, RE: a brief shootout update
looks to me like its kids night with pint sized dragsters.
1015, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea, last year was cool, but like matt said we were all broken up, and everyone was pretty beat up and tired/sunburned by sunday haha. a nice day to relax and actually meet people would be awesome on saturday. cedar point can come another day, as a lot of peeps are making a long ass drive to come to the SO. i cant wait to put some more faces to the cars on here.
1021, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Let's all chill Saturday, and maybe get some test and tune in earlier in the day and get some of the 2gnt members' beasts running down the 1/4 a bunch. Also, beers are good too. We will drink alot of those.
1023, RE: a brief shootout update
Originally posted by soulcontroller
a lot of peeps are making a long ass drive to come to the SO.

Just over 3,000 miles each way if I remember right. :thumbsup

I'm really liking the idea of a National 2GNT BBQ. I think that would be awesome. Any chance someone up in Ohio can look into finding out what it would take to get a spot reserved up at the lake for it? Maybe find out about reservation rates and permits? Just think of the pictures afterwards! 30+ 2GNTers parked in a row and having a cookout. Awesome.
1024, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by black99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey guys. i live here in norwalk and i know of a place we can go. it's a public park up in huron right on the lake. it has a couple bbq grills if i remember right. we won't need to make reservations or anything. just show up and have fun. i know right were it is so we could meet up somewhere here in norwalk and cruise up together. if i can think of any other place i'll let ya know.

trevor
1025, RE: a brief shootout update
dood....you officially rock....we could all meet up near teh track or something and venture out IMO.
1026, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by munky, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah. Thats sounds like the nest plan so far. I say reserve it and go from there.
1027, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Like many have said, I am down for just hanging out, checking out rides, workin on em, and just getting to know people from the board. It will be good times without a doubt. Beer is good but I'm jus barely underage, and not sure about the consequences. Doesn't mean I still can't have a great time though.

*rebuild in process*
GST Muffler
injen short ram intake
magnecore 8.5mm wires
EGR removal/blockoff
front/rear strut tower bars
GSX dual piston calipers
1029, RE: a brief shootout update
This is going to kick ass. I can't wait. I need the SO this year. }(
1030, RE: a brief shootout update
Originally posted by DR1665
This is going to kick ass. I can't wait. I need the SO this year. }(

You have no idea how great that weekend is. Now that I actually talk to and know a few more people on the board, I am that much more excited for the SO this year. Beers for everyone. HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!
1031, RE: a brief shootout update
werd dood...the shootout is awesome...i already told my pops i might get fired for going here....he said he understood :-p So I, without a doubt, will be there. Norwalk Inn will be rockin like whoa IMO.
1041, RE: a brief shootout update
10 weeks. I need to get cracking on my car.

Is everyone still in?
1044, RE: a brief shootout update
mos def foo...prolly won't be able to make the mach V caravan though....but i'ma try like hell.
1063, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by EclipsedChef, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OMG only ten weeks left? DAMN i need to get cracking on the car. I need a new clutch before i come!
1064, RE: a brief shootout update
Originally posted by HybriDSM
Is everyone still in?

You know I'm down. Hell or high water sir. Hell or high water.
1067, RE: a brief shootout update
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by HybriDSM Is everyone still in?
You know I'm down. Hell or high water sir. Hell or high water.

what ^^ said....
I generated this page in 0.0091519355773926 seconds, executing 7 queries.