Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #318
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Forward Motion is Fucking Me" Previous topic | Next topic
blitzeclipse98Apr-29-05 01:10 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
53 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#318, "Forward Motion is Fucking Me"
Apr-29-05 01:13 PM by blitzeclipse98

The middle of February I got hooked up with Forward Motion Inc. to put together my new long block. They came highly recommended. As of now we are coming up six weeks overdue.

I gave them $2000 down for my $3995 long block (3-4 weeks turn around). The whole project is costing me roughly $8000, I have everything on site to the fellow 2gnt'r who is helping me drop it in the new motor. The old motor is already out.

I have been given three Saturday-pickup promises that they have not fulfilled. Each excuse marks another week.
Their first excuse was that they forgot that I wanted a head with my motor. (uh duh)
Their second excuse was they were behind on other blocks and hadn't had time to get to mine because they got some faulty heads or some shit that they had to weld to fix.
The next excuse was that they finally had time to get to it but some other things going on caused them to not have time to do it.
The very next excuse was they had the block together, but now they had to scrap the head due to a defect in it.
Now Ryan, the guy I've been dealing with, says Mike (the other guy) decided to take on the building on my block (basically pushing it off to someone else)
THis is absolute bullshit. Ryan has been very nice throughout the whole process, and has been really believable, but after the excuses keep piling up and fucking up it gets less believable and I"m getting really frustrated.

The guy helping with the swap has been taking off days of work anticipating the motor to arrive on the Saturdays they KEEP promising over and over.

The very last time I spoke with them (Monday) I asked them to give me a REALISTIC pickup date. He said to email him and he'd reply or call me with a realistic pickup date. I emailed him. They never called or replied. AND in fact, I've never gotten a response or call back for ANY reason from them.

Does anybody know these guys, are there any other horror stories?
I've spent a shitload of money on this damn thing, and did so much planning on having things arrive in time, and I'm being bent over by Forward Motion. I'm sure there was more I could mention, but I'm on my way out.

Matt
NJ

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamDR1665Apr-29-05 01:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#319, "RE: Forward Motion is Fucking Me"
In response to Reply # 0

Good luck.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

extreme97ntApr-30-05 12:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#320, "RE: Forward Motion is Fucking Me"
In response to Reply # 1

Matt,
I told you that they do great work but take their time. However I did not deal with ryan, only mike. The company has been around for a while and I am sure they will not fuck you. If that is the case just dispute the payment on your credit card and thats that. Just give them time and they will get it done. I waited a LONNG time to get my block built but then again I was in no hurry.
Call them and talk to mike.
good luck
Paul

best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction)
www.cnnmotorsports.com

blitzeclipse98Apr-30-05 02:40 PM
53 posts,
#321, "RE: Forward Motion is Fucking Me (in CS)"
In response to Reply # 2

Ha, relax Paul, I don't think that they are stealing my money, that's not what I was trying to imply. I mean they are treating me really badly, and the excuses would be fine if they actually kept the promises they are making to me.
In other words, don't tell me its going to be ready on Saturday week after week when you could just say "we need a few more weeks." The guys there are nice, but how they are handling the situation is poor.

Just looking for some customer service, I mean, as I said above, this is costing a lot of money. The car has been sitting for over a half year. I told them I was towing the car since they made an estimated finish date, and they didn't object to the idea.

I dunno.

Matt
NJ

CrazyEclipseMay-01-05 03:05 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#322, "RE: Forward Motion is Fucking Me"
In response to Reply # 2

Been there, done that. Ive never dealt with forward motion, but I have been taken advantage of a couple too many times over the course of my rebuild. Best advice I can offer is continue to hound them. Eventually they will just get sick of hearing from you and get the job done. Maybe their excuses are legit, but make it known to the owner that you are not a satisfied customer. Call them everyday if you have to. Get facts instead of excuses, and talk to someone there and get names of whom you speak with.

Good luck with it.

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

blitzeclipse98May-07-05 01:27 PM
53 posts,
#324, "RE: Forward Motion is Fucking Me"
In response to Reply # 4

I just want to give everyone an update.

Today was our pickup date. I borrowed my Uncle's pickup who lives an hour away, as I waited for Ryan's phone call between the timeframe he said he'd call. Well he called just before time was up only to tell me he was stuck waiting for some car to trailer who is hours behind, and he is four hours away from his shop. You know what though, I couldn't be happier, honestly.

Do you know why? Because finally I'm getting the customer service you'd expect from someone who's been screwed with week after week. Assuming they make good on the deal, the following is what was offered to me for this coming Monday:

1) Personally delivered motor by a FM employee to the location of the Eclipse THIS monday.
2) Free Moreoso Oil Pan
3) Discount on Fedanza Cam Gears
4) Free Hats and Shirts

I couldn't be more happy to wait two more days to get all that stuff, and he was, from what I can tell, legitimately sorry. For being seven weeks behind I think I deserve it.

I'll keep everyone posted. Then we can maybe move this to the Guy Guys folder.

Matt
NJ

blitzeclipse98Jun-21-05 08:35 AM
53 posts,
#349, "RE: Forward Motion is Fucking Me"
In response to Reply # 5

UPDATE:

I've had the motor for about a month now and we finally got around to starting it up, but before I tell you about that:

I never received the free parts (yet), but I haven't followed up with it either. The new motor never came with the spark plugs and they haven't sent me them when they said they would (was included in package), so I bought my own.

They brought one damn hat and one damn shirt whereas I was promsied a "few".

The motor arrived with wet paint, and the guy who dropped it off mistakeningly admitted he powered coated the valve cover that day. Therefore, the saturday pickup was just bullshit and it was never ready.

BUT IT GETS BETTER GUYS!!

I'm being sarcastic. We turn the motor over, and long story short, they installed neon cams. YES NEON CAMS. The motor was running 90 degrees off. Long story short, they are allowing me to return the neon cams and I bought the right ones from a different vendor.

Basically this is what is now outstanding:

I'm looking for a refund of $841. This includes their free parts at THEIR cost as I figure it, the labor to replace the god damn cams, the cost of my plugs, and the cost of the new cams with overnight shipping.

I will let you know how well that goes.

This is absolute bullshit but in their defense they did apologize and admit their mistake once they realized it... for what its worth. They've been really nice to me, but the true value of their nice will directly translate into how many dollars appear back on my credit card.

I WILL UPDATE AGAIN - BUT THESE GUYS WILL STAY IN THE BAD SELLERS LIST

Matt
NJ

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #318 Previous topic | Next topic