Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3898
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Cleaning bellhousing??" Previous topic | Next topic
TKIJan-16-05 05:32 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3898, "Cleaning bellhousing??"

I bought a used tranny that has been in a school bus. It had been sitting in there for about a year. Can I put degreaser on it, and power wash it or will it messing something up? It has a little dirt around the axle seals too.

What would be the bust way to clean it? tia

'95 Eclipse RS (sold)
'99 Eclipse GS OZ (sold)
'90 Eclipse GST (sold)
'90 Talon TSI AWD (sold)
'94 Plymouth Laser RS (sold)
'04 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t (sold)
'08 Silverado LTZ (daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
wite96gsJan-18-05 08:24 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
365 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3903, "RE: Cleaning bellhousing??"
In response to Reply # 0

good question, I was thinking of spraying mine down with some brakecleaner, that stuff seems to work pretty good for just about anything, but I'm not sure if it could mess with anything on the inside of the tranny. anyone know if this is a bad idea or not?

-----------
'96 Eclipse GS
'94 Talon TSi AWD
www.SOVADSM.com

All gone now. Too bad, so sad.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSJan-18-05 09:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#3904, "RE: Cleaning bellhousing??"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah degreaser is fine, make sure to plug any open holes so no water gets in the trans, biggest ones that come to mind are holes for the axles.

If it's been sitting for that long you may want to crack it open and make sure it looks good on the inside too.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
Assasin of Joy

grainJan-18-05 12:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#3905, "RE: Cleaning bellhousing??"
In response to Reply # 2

talonguy2005Jan-18-05 03:14 PM
Member since May 16th 2004
1473 posts,
#3908, "RE: Cleaning bellhousing??"
In response to Reply # 3

lol, i remember that pic from awhile ago.

1992 Plymouth Laser
-Bone stock for now.

wite96gsJan-19-05 09:15 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
365 posts,
#3911, "RE: Cleaning bellhousing??"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by grain

point well taken, thanks

-----------
'96 Eclipse GS
'94 Talon TSi AWD
www.SOVADSM.com

All gone now. Too bad, so sad.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3898 Previous topic | Next topic