Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4192
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Which shift kit to use? and does it kill tranny?" Previous topic | Next topic
VenzOct-27-06 11:40 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2006
58 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4192, "Which shift kit to use? and does it kill tranny?"

I m running 8pounds of boost and I was wondering which shift kit would work best for my A604? since there are so many: transgo, translab, etc.

I've heard from my mechcanic that installing a shift kit will kill your stock tranny fast, is this true to all you guys who had installed the shift kits?

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1377

97 GS eclipse turbo'ed with stage 2 hahn FMIC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
mcgyvrOct-31-06 06:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4193, "RE: Which shift kit to use? and does it kill tranny?"
In response to Reply # 0

transgo, and no if properly installed it will actually improve the life of your tranny.
Put an extra tranny cooler on if you only have the stock one hooked up first.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Keith2172Nov-01-06 05:40 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#4194, "RE: Which shift kit to use? and does it kill tranny?"
In response to Reply # 1

I've had a Transgo in mine for the last 2 years and drive it everyday, no problems.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

boosted4g64Mar-27-07 11:12 AM
Member since Mar 22nd 2007
27 posts,
#4248, "RE: Which shift kit to use? and does it kill tranny?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by mcgyvr
transgo, and no if properly installed it will actually improve the life of your tranny. Put an extra tranny cooler on if you only have the stock one hooked up first.

transgo ftw

InFiNiT3Apr-03-07 08:44 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#4249, "RE: Which shift kit to use? and does it kill tranny?"
In response to Reply # 3

mine lasted longer than my engine lol

mods include but not limited to:
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

InFiNiT3Apr-03-07 08:52 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#4250, "RE: Which shift kit to use? and does it kill tranny?"
In response to Reply # 4

oh and kieth duuuude... we need to meet up again someday and do a run

>

1994 BMW 325i Dakar M3 conversion=
Remus Cat-Back, Dinan CAI , Dinan Rom chip , OBD1 ,Centerforce stage II clutch w/ alum dual mass fly, 11.5-1 comp.

97 eclipse GS (totaled)=
mods include but not limited to:
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4192 Previous topic | Next topic