Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4501
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Free mod?" Previous topic | Next topic
jared0791Dec-25-08 09:47 PM
Member since Dec 24th 2008
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4501, "Free mod?"

HI, I'm jared. I have been searching for days, and have found nothing. I have heard that you can do a "torque management" mod to the a604. Is this true? Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

-Jared

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
mcgyvrDec-31-08 02:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4527, "RE: Free mod?"
In response to Reply # 0

forget you heard about it. It's can cause far more trouble than its worth. It has side effects like reduced tranny life. Put in a shift kit and an aftermarket tranny cooler and call it a day.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

klynt96rstMar-18-09 10:47 AM
Member since Jun 12th 2008
25 posts,
#4543, "RE: Free mod?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by mcgyvr
forget you heard about it. It's can cause far more trouble than its worth. It has side effects like reduced tranny life. Put in a shift kit and an aftermarket tranny cooler and call it a day.

plus one

Striped and left for dead now rebuilding
96 Eclipse Rs will be T again soon
Cold Air intake, Megan Header, N1 Cat back exhaust, test pipe, UDP, Drum To Disc Conversion, OBX throttle body spacer

Fallen4ng31Mar-18-09 03:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#4544, "RE: Free mod?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by klynt96rst
plus one

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

420agreenvilleSCMar-19-09 09:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1525 posts,
#4545, "RE: Free mod?"
In response to Reply # 3

i have a new shift kit in the box if you're interested. PM me an offer.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

rs99eclipseMar-22-09 10:27 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2009
25 posts,
#4547, "RE: Free mod?"
In response to Reply # 4

Just curious how hard is it to put in a shift kit, and is it worth it, does it actually give you a performance upgrade. Ive been considering converting mine to a manual trans cause everyone tells me auto N/T are the slowest eclipses.

Jake2gntMay-13-09 12:46 AM
Member since May 13th 2009
3 posts,
#4567, "RE: Free mod?"
In response to Reply # 0

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=33&topic_id=3654&mesg_id=3654&page=4

Jake2gntMay-13-09 12:48 AM
Member since May 13th 2009
3 posts,
#4568, "RE: Free mod?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by jared0791
HI, I'm jared. I have been searching for days, and have found nothing. I have heard that you can do a "torque management" mod to the a604. Is this true? Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks, -Jared

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=3915&mode=full

redvenge0130Jan-11-11 07:49 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2011
1 posts,
#4681, "RE: Free mod?"
In response to Reply # 0

whats this torque mod about?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4501 Previous topic | Next topic