Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3188
View in threaded mode

Subject: "99 A/T Tranny PROBLEM! OH NO!" Previous topic | Next topic
ArcticEclipseJul-25-04 07:03 AM
Member since May 07th 2004
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3188, "99 A/T Tranny PROBLEM! OH NO!"

yeha I dunno what the problem is. i cranked up my car this morning, the speedo doesnt work, and it seems like its in 2nd gear, (its in drive) and it wont get out of 2nd gear... reverse works fine, drive works, 1 works but feelsl ike 2... so basically the only drive gear i have is 2. the speedometer dosent work, the fuses are fine. No fluid problem, idles fine, no fluid leaks.
- Jamison Whisenhunt

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ToTaLEkLyPz99Jul-25-04 11:12 AM
Member since Jan 30th 2002
1282 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3189, "RE: 99 A/T Tranny PROBLEM! OH NO!"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like a bad speed sensor to me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mcgyvrJul-26-04 05:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#3190, "RE: 99 A/T Tranny PROBLEM! OH NO!"
In response to Reply # 1

yep replace the input and output speed sensors.
reason I say both is typicall when one goes the other is soon to follow.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

python6586Aug-09-04 05:55 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#3206, "RE: 99 A/T Tranny PROBLEM! OH NO!"
In response to Reply # 2

yea its your output speed sensor most likely, my input speed sensor went and i just replaced it but i have heard to change both but i didnt, i think i got an input speed sensor for 16 bucks from a dodge dealership

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

InFiNiT3Aug-10-04 06:15 AM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#3207, "RE: 99 A/T Tranny PROBLEM! OH NO!"
In response to Reply # 3

agree with what /\/\/\/\/\ said
"THE ATX GOD"

slooowFeb-09-06 06:49 PM
Member since Dec 30th 2005
32 posts,
#3958, "RE: 99 A/T Tranny PROBLEM! OH NO!"
In response to Reply # 4

yay for limp mode!

InFiNiT3Feb-12-06 04:14 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#3963, "RE: 99 A/T Tranny PROBLEM! OH NO!"
In response to Reply # 5

ya too bad the dont have the "little blue pill" for out trannys huh? lol

mods include but not limited to:
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

red-cruzer99Mar-24-06 12:03 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2006
35 posts,
#4034, "RE: 99 A/T Tranny PROBLEM! OH NO!"
In response to Reply # 5

I have a 99 GS and HAD the same problem......no biggie....they are right, change out the sensor

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3188 Previous topic | Next topic