Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2887
View in threaded mode

Subject: "update on rebuild" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic
InFiNiT3May-21-04 09:25 AM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2887, "update on rebuild"

k guys the tranny is out.... and im starting the master rebuild today. and like i said earlier i will be doing the write up.of course this has been a exspiriance,,,, when the tranny was being lowerd by the jack it slips offand nearly crushes mine and josh's (turbo8u) feet... ok...... buy then when i was removing the crossmember the wrench of couirse slips do to my massive oil leek and slaps me rite in the eye... ya imma take pics of my near swollen shut eye for ya guy..*LOL*
and i def. cant forget josh loosing a nice chunk of knuckle trying to get the flexplate bolts loose.
the reason im post this stuff here is cause this is stuff u definatly will not see in the write up..*L*

jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
mcgyvrMay-21-04 10:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2888, "RE: update on rebuild"
In response to Reply # 0

so man whats the deal, you know what went bad yet.
What happened to make you think the tranny went, I m asking what happened. ie. there is a huge hole in the dif area, all gears wouldnt engage,etc.. stuff like that, I just want to know exactly what happened when you tried to drive..

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

InFiNiT3May-21-04 11:31 AM
732 posts,
#2889, "RE: update on rebuild"
In response to Reply # 1

oh ok bro.... u mean besides the huge slivers of metel in the pan? *LOL*
no.... so far the tranny was running hot ie: 300* or more a sign of a clog... filter was shot also... mainly do to the shreds of metal... all 4 magnets (yes 4 ) were 100% covered..
(ill add a couple mopre this time) *L*
slippin in 2/3 clutch pack...slight leak in front pump(seal) car went into limp mode (2nd gear only) and was still slipping... not totaly gone i mean i could go 5mph at about 5000rpms..*L* low/ reverse clutch seems ok thus i have those gears.... ill be in side the tranny in about 2 more hours..(workin on the valve body atm) its taking so long to do the write up and the million pics im taking. ill keep the board posted tho...

ps oh my fucking god this is a hevey trans..*L*L

jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

turbo8uMay-21-04 11:34 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#2890, "RE: update on rebuild"
In response to Reply # 1

dude jake i ROMPED ortega! omg that was fun do0d 911 turbo was behind me about 30% of the way too but didnt want to push it as hard as i was

in:

out:

simple as that

p.s- yea you got own3d by that wrench and i got my knuckle own3d

"we need an 18mm wrench!" LOL
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons

InFiNiT3May-21-04 12:37 PM
732 posts,
#2891, "RE: update on rebuild"
In response to Reply # 3

LOL* aye those pics turned out good bro...
ya duude... the ortega is a fuckin blast at night... w/ hardly any cars on it.. omg.... its the same way at about 10am-1pm... dude u should see the fuckin shiner ive got from the wrench..*LOL* speakin of that 18mm... ive got to go back out and buy another tool bro... a fuckin dent puller to pull my front pump... bastard!i had to pull down the trans off the bench too.... not fun.... so that i could brace it up... then put it back up... ya i have no back now..*L*

well anywayz... imma get back to work on this fucker.. ill let u know how it goes..

jake

M50 I6 DOHC,dinan CAI , Remus Cat back , Volt. regulator, AA stg II software, Centerforce stg 2 clutch w/ alum dual mass flywheel,Stang 27lb inj.,Rouge chasis kit, Mayle balljoints, M3 X brace, 3.35 diff.Bavauto springs w/ tokito struts/shocks.

1997 GS- RIP
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

InFiNiT3May-21-04 12:37 PM
732 posts,
#2892, "RE: update on rebuild"
In response to Reply # 4

btw
i better get a shit load of points for doing this damn write up..*LOL*

jake

M50 I6 DOHC,dinan CAI , Remus Cat back , Volt. regulator, AA stg II software, Centerforce stg 2 clutch w/ alum dual mass flywheel,Stang 27lb inj.,Rouge chasis kit, Mayle balljoints, M3 X brace, 3.35 diff.Bavauto springs w/ tokito struts/shocks.

1997 GS- RIP
engine: AEM cai , pp head / TB / intake runners, Chikira 4-2-1 header , custom 2.5" exhast / pacesetter high flow cat/flowmaster2 muff,1mm over sized SS valves,PT valvetrain, AEM cam gears/pully set, prothane motormounts,440 injectors , ground kit.
Trans: Custom ATX (1 of a kind) poly-graphite steels , kevlar clutches , final drive , shift kit,3500 stall TC, Tourqe Wonder trans chip ($120.00 2gnt price only!!email for order info)

thedawgMay-21-04 12:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#2893, "RE: update on rebuild"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by InFiNiT3
tranny was running hot ie: 300* or more
filter was shot also...
slippin in 2/3 clutch pack...slight leak in front pump(seal)

Thanks for the info so far Jake. Did you have any of these symptoms before you added the autostick mod?

How did you wire the autostick? Did you follow my schematic or did you have to make changes to get it to work?

Were you driving with the shifter in 2 or D while you were using the autostick mod?

What kind of launches were you doing when it broke? Or were you just driving normally?

Sorry for all the questions, good luck with the rebuild. Take lots of pics.

thedawgMay-21-04 01:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#2894, "RE: update on rebuild"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by turbo8u
911 turbo was behind me about 30% of the way too but didnt want to push it as hard as i was

He probably didn't want to get too close because he was expecting to come around a corner and see you embedded into the side of a guardrail. lol

turbo8uMay-21-04 01:23 PM
10552 posts,
#2895, "RE: update on rebuild"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by thedawg
Originally posted by turbo8u 911 turbo was behind me about 30% of the way too but didnt want to push it as hard as i was
He probably didn't want to get too close because he was expecting to come around a corner and see you embedded into the side of a guardrail. lol

LMAO

im a mother fuckin driving machine

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice

jsupetranMay-21-04 03:16 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#2896, "RE: update on rebuild"
In response to Reply # 8

Good luck. Man I wish I could help since I am just trying to learn bout the 420.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

turbo8uMay-21-04 08:31 PM
10552 posts,
#2897, "RE: update on rebuild"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by jsupetran
Good luck. Man I wish I could help since I am just trying to learn bout the 420.

dude come on out there with me then, if anything we'll both just have some fun on ortega cruisin (jake lives off the 74 by elsinore)

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #2887 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic