Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectupdate on rebuild
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=2887
2887, update on rebuild
Posted by InFiNiT3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
k guys the tranny is out.... and im starting the master rebuild today. and like i said earlier i will be doing the write up.of course this has been a exspiriance,,,, when the tranny was being lowerd by the jack it slips offand nearly crushes mine and josh's (turbo8u) feet... ok...... buy then when i was removing the crossmember the wrench of couirse slips do to my massive oil leek and slaps me rite in the eye... ya imma take pics of my near swollen shut eye for ya guy..*LOL*
and i def. cant forget josh loosing a nice chunk of knuckle trying to get the flexplate bolts loose.
the reason im post this stuff here is cause this is stuff u definatly will not see in the write up..*L*

jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor
2888, RE: update on rebuild
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so man whats the deal, you know what went bad yet.
What happened to make you think the tranny went, I m asking what happened. ie. there is a huge hole in the dif area, all gears wouldnt engage,etc.. stuff like that, I just want to know exactly what happened when you tried to drive..
2889, RE: update on rebuild
oh ok bro.... u mean besides the huge slivers of metel in the pan? *LOL*
no.... so far the tranny was running hot ie: 300* or more a sign of a clog... filter was shot also... mainly do to the shreds of metal... all 4 magnets (yes 4 ) were 100% covered..
(ill add a couple mopre this time) *L*
slippin in 2/3 clutch pack...slight leak in front pump(seal) car went into limp mode (2nd gear only) and was still slipping... not totaly gone i mean i could go 5mph at about 5000rpms..*L* low/ reverse clutch seems ok thus i have those gears.... ill be in side the tranny in about 2 more hours..(workin on the valve body atm) its taking so long to do the write up and the million pics im taking. ill keep the board posted tho...

ps oh my fucking god this is a hevey trans..*L*L

jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor
2893, RE: update on rebuild
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by InFiNiT3
tranny was running hot ie: 300* or more
filter was shot also...
slippin in 2/3 clutch pack...slight leak in front pump(seal)

Thanks for the info so far Jake. Did you have any of these symptoms before you added the autostick mod?

How did you wire the autostick? Did you follow my schematic or did you have to make changes to get it to work?

Were you driving with the shifter in 2 or D while you were using the autostick mod?

What kind of launches were you doing when it broke? Or were you just driving normally?

Sorry for all the questions, good luck with the rebuild. Take lots of pics.
2890, RE: update on rebuild
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
dude jake i ROMPED ortega! omg that was fun do0d :thumbsup 911 turbo was behind me about 30% of the way too but didnt want to push it as hard as i was

in:

out:

simple as that :thumbsup

p.s- yea you got own3d by that wrench and i got my knuckle own3d :P

"we need an 18mm wrench!" LOL
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons

2891, RE: update on rebuild
LOL* aye those pics turned out good bro...
ya duude... the ortega is a fuckin blast at night... w/ hardly any cars on it.. omg.... its the same way at about 10am-1pm... dude u should see the fuckin shiner ive got from the wrench..*LOL* speakin of that 18mm... ive got to go back out and buy another tool bro... a fuckin dent puller to pull my front pump... bastard!i had to pull down the trans off the bench too.... not fun.... so that i could brace it up... then put it back up... ya i have no back now..*L*

well anywayz... imma get back to work on this fucker.. ill let u know how it goes..

jake
2892, RE: update on rebuild
btw
i better get a shit load of points for doing this damn write up..*LOL*

jake
2894, RE: update on rebuild
Originally posted by turbo8u
911 turbo was behind me about 30% of the way too but didnt want to push it as hard as i was

He probably didn't want to get too close because he was expecting to come around a corner and see you embedded into the side of a guardrail. lol
2895, RE: update on rebuild
Originally posted by thedawg
Originally posted by turbo8u 911 turbo was behind me about 30% of the way too but didnt want to push it as hard as i was
He probably didn't want to get too close because he was expecting to come around a corner and see you embedded into the side of a guardrail. lol

LMAO

im a mother fuckin driving machine

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice

2896, RE: update on rebuild
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Good luck. Man I wish I could help since I am just trying to learn bout the 420.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting :thumbsup

2897, RE: update on rebuild
Originally posted by jsupetran
Good luck. Man I wish I could help since I am just trying to learn bout the 420.

dude come on out there with me then, if anything we'll both just have some fun on ortega cruisin (jake lives off the 74 by elsinore)

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice

2898, RE: update on rebuild
hell ya bro... not that far and a fun ass drive!!!.... aye josh i was thinkin sunday... that goood for u? cuzz this fuckin front pump is giving me issues..... (the 20 minute bolt thing) *LOL* i had to go buy a fucking slide hammer...... so hopfully that takes it out..*L*any word from skrills ass? and js ya bro... we could use someone else... this trannys gunna be fun to get back in a lined up...imma hit the bored for some more so caler's to come also..*LOL* i gotta big ass pool.. and BBQ too...might as well party a lil rite? *LOL* aye I got my new header/downpipes in... nice as fuck this guy does good fucking work
damn i feel beat up too hell after lastnight...

ps
email me if anyone neeeds directions
jake

2899, RE: update on rebuild
I'm up in norcal right now. Hey if you guys aren't finished by June 14, update me and I can finally meet some of you. (hell, if any socal dudes are doing anything engine rebuild, turbo install, atx swaps, just post and I'll help!!!!!!!! :) ).

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

2900, RE: update on rebuild
aye josh theres some help for your 2.4/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

2903, RE: update on rebuild
well the front planetarys are grinded all to hell...as well as the casing burnt to a crisp..... nice blue coloring..8LOL*
imma get in further to let u guys know what caused it..

jake

2906, RE: update on rebuild
low/reverse clutch pack totaly destroyed.... friction material on all clutches totally gone....... paint on the clutches gone.... along with this nice blue color around them..(burnt to hell) i dont think its related to any mod... just fucked up trans....i took mass pics of the disasembly tho.. that ill include in the write up...

jake

2907, RE: update on rebuild
dude jake you're a doctor

own that shit

im down for sunday as of right now. i know both of us can get it in, come on...we wouldnt need that many people, its not like you've never manhandled a tranny and its not like i havent either so lets just throw it back in, its really not gunna be that bad do0d :thumbsup

i'll talk to josiah though and see if he'll cruise but awww...damn, that drive back is cozy
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice

2908, RE: update on rebuild
alrite bro/\/\/\/\/\/\
round 11-12ish whatcha think we need more time or no?
anyone else is welcome to come if they'd like

jake
ps aye josh if ur online tonight call me fucker!*L* i gotta ask ya summin

2918, RE: update on rebuild
woo hoo going backin tomarrow.. then the massive write up..*L* not to mention the 130 pics i took...*LOL*
jake

2923, RE: update on rebuild
Posted by RyaN95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
not sure if your interested, but im selling all my atx setup stuff now -- just did a 5spd swap

check out my post at
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=44178&mesg_id=44178&page=

and see if theres anything you might want
2926, RE: update on rebuild
(getting ready for the mass write up..) LOL
jake

2927, RE: update on rebuild
just got back and id just like to say i love my car

damn that ortega run back is always fun :)
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice

2930, RE: update on rebuild
k check this out josh...... turn the planetary pack... and the final drives move..(good thing) turn the finals and the clutch pack dosent move wierd..*L*
ajke

2933, k now where to host
k anyone know of a free hosting service that'll give me a shit load of room for the write up..(have over 100 pics)
jake

2934, RE: k now where to host
you get that bitch back together yet?
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice

2935, RE: k now where to host
fuck no... i need a relax day..*LOL*
jake

2941, RE: k now where to host
Email them to me in a .zip and I'll host them
2943, RE: k now where to host
coll bro will doo... woke up this morning to the blue screen of death on my comp tho... hopfully i can salvage..:)

jake
2959, RE: k now where to host
Hey dude, so did the autostick mod cause the tranny to blow?

-------jezreel
Boostin since Aug 03.

2960, RE: k now where to host
no not that i could tell anyway... it could have if i was downshifting or shuving it into 1st or 2nd... cause the low/reverse clutches were burned to hell ill get some pics up as soon a i have a lil time..

jake

The ATX God! *LOL*
2961, REbuild pics..*just a few*

this is a pic of a l/r clutch pack... if u look closly u can see the blue coloring... this is burned to hell.. not to mention there was friction material on this as well and it was painted black..

Doctors skrilla and turbo8u loving they're manual transmissions rite about now *LOL*

This is obviously a pic of my pan........ this was taken after i poured out all the fluid... check out those metal chunks... not good fellas not good...

and there are a shit load more pics... just gotta do the mass uploads

jake

The ATX God! *LOL*
2962, RE: REbuild pics..*just a few*
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Cool pics man, keep em coming I wanna see your progress!

*rebuild in process*
GST Muffler
injen short ram intake
magnecore 8.5mm wires
EGR removal/blockoff
front/rear strut tower bars
GSX dual piston calipers
2963, RE: REbuild pics..*just a few*
lol wheres that one where im doin the wyatt pose with the axle? and ya gotta show our tool we made, lmao

good work jake :thumbsup

you get that trans back together? im ALL ready to help drop that shit in do0d
2965, RE: REbuild pics..*just a few*
naw not yet josh.. im waiting on my 3200 stall tourqe converter..(might as well while the trannys out)
ill get some more pics up soon.... my comp is just giving me shit..*LOL* i had the nice pretty blue screen of death the last few days.... it just comes and goes...*LOL*

jake

The ATX God! *LOL*
2966, RE: update on rebuild
Posted by Keith2172, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey Jake, I just wanted to know did you use factory pins fpr the autostick or solder the connections, if pins do you remember the part#?
2967, RE: update on rebuild
i used the pins bro.... went down to my local dealer and asked if they have any old harnesses...then after they said they did i ask if i could have some pins..... *just cut em off and spliced/ soliderd the wires.
try finding an old harness ie junk yard , crystler,mitsu.. or M&S recycling..... shouldnt cost ya much... sorry dont know the part # tho..
jake

The ATX God! *LOL*
2968, RE: update on rebuild
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
awesome work dood. youll love launching with the converter. hehe its pretty sluggish cruising around in low rpms though :)
2969, RE: update on rebuild
Cool deal man, I went to Satan after I PM'd you and Im gonna get some pins tommorow. By the way, are you going to keep the Autostick function? If so Im working on a gear indicator with a buddy of mine, when it's done it should display what gear you're in based on the upshift/downshift pulses. If you're interested in something like that hit me up, I owe you for being so quick on my shift kit. It aint done yet but when it is I'll make it known.
2970, RE: update on rebuild
aye ya kieth thats sounds cool..... i think corbins already got somthing like that tho....ive built somthing like that back when i was doing my ASE training to test vehicals...... made em for GM based platform...pretty simple.... just gotta know what solenoid wires is which ya know?

jake

The ATX God! *LOL*
2971, attn: Soul man!*LOL*
aye bro.... when u put in your high stall.... u pour any fluid into it b4 the install? or u leave it dry?

jake

The ATX God! *LOL*
2972, RE: attn: Soul man! is heeeeere
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea, i poured if i remember correct like 2.5 quarts in the thing. i couldnt fit any more in there without it spilling out all over the place. it still sort of made a mess when i went to install it and turned it upright.

anyway, yea put as much as you can in there. spin it all around and twist and turn it.
2973, RE: attn: Soul man!
god this is gunna be fuckin sweet.. all new kevlar clutches... graphite clutch plates...and a free 3200 stall conveter.... i have a feeling this will be fun.. :)
jake

The ATX God! *LOL*
2974, ok fellas!!!!:(
ok Where the hell are all my damn points for doing this write up!!!!!!*LOL*

The ATX God! *LOL*
2975, RE: ok fellas!!!!:(
ok Where the hell are all my damn points for doing this write up!!!!!!*LOL* The ATX God! *LOL*

in your butt!
2976, RE: ok fellas!!!!:(
*LOL* well fuck u too josh!

aye check this out.... remind me to slap skrillz..*L*
the planetary carrier wasnt in all the way*LOL*
i had to take the damn thing back apart.. now i cant get that damn snap ring back in (the one u and skrillz put in..) u know the tough ass spring*L* ill get it all back in tomarrow..*L*
lates
jake
ps... whens ur next day off bro... ???...????.... *L*

The ATX God! *LOL*
2977, RE: ok fellas!!!!:(
yea dude that snap ring was a pain in the ass, took me pushing down on it while he tapped on the ring with a screwdriveer and i pushed it into the groove. i'm off until the 2nd though, wo0t! and i got a whole crap load of new parts :)

hey whered you get those prothanes again???
2978, RE: ok fellas!!!!:(
.... WWW.SUMMITRACING.COM
CLICK ON SPORT COMPACT

The ATX God! *LOL*
2985, RE: ok fellas!!!!:(
.... WWW.SUMMITRACING.COM CLICK ON SPORT COMPACT The ATX God! *LOL*

part number?

are these it ruight here?
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=ENS%2D5%2D1103R
2989, RE: ok fellas!!!!:(
no those are the energys... ill get the part# and get back to ya..

jake
The ATX God! *LOL*
3004, RE: ok fellas!!!!:(
Hey, any updates? Is the tranny in yet or still on the bench?
3009, RE: ok fellas!!!!:(
still on the bench... ready to go back in tho... just waiting on my TC to magically show up :)

jake
3010, RE: ok fellas!!!!:(
Eightball say's:
It will show up tomorrow, be the wrong one, and take another 3 weeks to get the right on! j/k (I hope Im wrong)
3064, RE: ok fellas!!!!:(
Posted by DvSEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Can you rehost the pics? pics are down.
I generated this page in 0.01295280456543 seconds, executing 7 queries.