Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1859
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
Slow_AT_TalonSep-04-03 12:06 AM
Member since Feb 02nd 2003
40 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1859, "Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup"

Okay I'm finally doing it the big swap. The reason I'm doing it now is I was driving for like 150 mi. at about 100mi. an hr. and I guess my diff pin broke from heating up cause I had no external tranny cooler except the stock one. So should I take pics and do a good write up? I already did all the shifter and cables and clutch pedal but none of the panels are back on yet. Everything seems to bolt right up except the clutch fluid reservoir which was a pain but not bad. I can explain everything I did and I remember all the bolt sizes. Also I am going to be selling the current trans. after I get the case welded and a new Differential, Any one want make an offer I put well over $1000 in parts alone!

95' ESI AT
Greddy EVO Cat-Back, Cat Hollowed
P&P TB, Short Ram Intake
Auto with Shift kit, high energy clutch packs, updated solenoid block,snap ring, and low/reverse piston
Crower Stage 1 Cams & Fidanza Gears
Msd ign., wires, and coilpack Bosch +4's
Tokico Blue & Weapon R Coilovers,17" racing Hart's
Best Run 18.7 @ 76 mph (when it was stock)
Coming soon MT swap and custom TURBO setup

Also '97 Talon ESI MT stock intake, stock exhaust, paid $1000 for it
Don't know whats done to it but it beat a gsx and in 3rd I was pushing
the gas and letting off he couldn't keep up

RIP '95 Talon ESI MT (Parts car)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
jsupetranSep-04-03 03:40 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1860, "RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup"
In response to Reply # 0

are you kidding?

of course do a good write up with as many details as possible.

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

soldier101Sep-04-03 03:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#1861, "RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup"
In response to Reply # 1

dont make me e-bitch man slap you, DO THAT SHIT!

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

Slow_AT_TalonSep-04-03 06:39 AM
40 posts,
#1863, "RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup"
In response to Reply # 2

Do you think we can get VX100 Or CORBIN to put it in the mods section?
I deceided to cut my stock brake pedal instead of putting in the manual one as it was easier so it is semi ghetto but everyone will get the idea and can elaborate as they please from there

soldier101Sep-04-03 06:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#1865, "RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup"
In response to Reply # 3

They automatically put anything of any decent magnitude in the mods section, and this is something of enormous magnitude

-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Slow_AT_TalonSep-04-03 05:15 PM
40 posts,
#1871, "RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup"
In response to Reply # 4
Sep-04-03 05:16 PM by Slow_AT_Talon

okay old tranny is out new one is going in. Didn't spin diff pin only blew a seal. like I said before tranny for sale read my sig up top for details. Write up to follow soon (within the next couple of days)possible pics if I can find batteries for the camera.

maybe I'll copy some pics out of the book

Slow_AT_TalonSep-05-03 02:47 AM
40 posts,
#1872, "RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup"
In response to Reply # 4

Okay the AT-2-MT is done and feels great. You know my exhaust even sounds different(Greddy) , in fact the whole car feels different, it almost feels reborn. Another thing thats weird is before I changed it I had three CEL's (IAC, MAP,TCU) But now I have none! I will try to start writing everything down within the next couple of days. Meanwhile if anyone needs help with their swap feel free to ask me.

soldier101Sep-05-03 04:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#1873, "RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup"
In response to Reply # 6

good deal! now get the write up posted! haha:thumbsup

-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2

ModeratorCorbinSep-05-03 06:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#1874, "RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup"
In response to Reply # 7

I think this is a very important writeup (assuming that you are very detailed). We'd gladly link to it or host it on 2GNT space. I've been contemplating the swap for a few months now.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

python6586Sep-05-03 04:01 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#1881, "RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup"
In response to Reply # 8

where did u get all the mtx parts and how much did it all cost you

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

Slow_AT_TalonSep-05-03 11:50 PM
40 posts,
#1882, "RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup"
In response to Reply # 9

Corbin, the swap was really worth it! My car is finally becoming race ready. Python, I have a parts car but most junkyards will cut you a deal like $600 including new computer. Like I said if anyone needs help before I finish my write up please E-mail me at Mysterylectronic@aol.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1859 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic