Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectAnyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=1859
1859, Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
Posted by Slow_AT_Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Okay I'm finally doing it the big swap. The reason I'm doing it now is I was driving for like 150 mi. at about 100mi. an hr. and I guess my diff pin broke from heating up cause I had no external tranny cooler except the stock one. So should I take pics and do a good write up? I already did all the shifter and cables and clutch pedal but none of the panels are back on yet. Everything seems to bolt right up except the clutch fluid reservoir which was a pain but not bad. I can explain everything I did and I remember all the bolt sizes. Also I am going to be selling the current trans. after I get the case welded and a new Differential, Any one want make an offer I put well over $1000 in parts alone!

95' ESI AT
Greddy EVO Cat-Back, Cat Hollowed
P&P TB, Short Ram Intake
Auto with Shift kit, high energy clutch packs, updated solenoid block,snap ring, and low/reverse piston
Crower Stage 1 Cams & Fidanza Gears
Msd ign., wires, and coilpack Bosch +4's
Tokico Blue & Weapon R Coilovers,17" racing Hart's
Best Run 18.7 @ 76 mph (when it was stock)
Coming soon MT swap and custom TURBO setup

Also '97 Talon ESI MT stock intake, stock exhaust, paid $1000 for it
Don't know whats done to it but it beat a gsx and in 3rd I was pushing
the gas and letting off he couldn't keep up

RIP '95 Talon ESI MT (Parts car)
1860, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
are you kidding?

of course do a good write up with as many details as possible.

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
1861, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
Posted by soldier101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
dont make me e-bitch man slap you, DO THAT SHIT!
1863, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
Do you think we can get VX100 Or CORBIN to put it in the mods section?
I deceided to cut my stock brake pedal instead of putting in the manual one as it was easier so it is semi ghetto but everyone will get the idea and can elaborate as they please from there
1865, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
They automatically put anything of any decent magnitude in the mods section, and this is something of enormous magnitude
1871, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
okay old tranny is out new one is going in. Didn't spin diff pin only blew a seal. like I said before tranny for sale read my sig up top for details. Write up to follow soon (within the next couple of days)possible pics if I can find batteries for the camera.

maybe I'll copy some pics out of the book
1872, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
Okay the AT-2-MT is done and feels great. You know my exhaust even sounds different(Greddy) , in fact the whole car feels different, it almost feels reborn. Another thing thats weird is before I changed it I had three CEL's (IAC, MAP,TCU) But now I have none! I will try to start writing everything down within the next couple of days. Meanwhile if anyone needs help with their swap feel free to ask me.
1873, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
good deal! now get the write up posted! haha:thumbsup
1874, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think this is a very important writeup (assuming that you are very detailed). We'd gladly link to it or host it on 2GNT space. I've been contemplating the swap for a few months now.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire
1881, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
Posted by python6586, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
where did u get all the mtx parts and how much did it all cost you

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit
1882, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
Corbin, the swap was really worth it! My car is finally becoming race ready. Python, I have a parts car but most junkyards will cut you a deal like $600 including new computer. Like I said if anyone needs help before I finish my write up please E-mail me at Mysterylectronic@aol.com
1886, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

hell yeah make one!!! I am waiting on finding a rear tranny mount , better clutch and lsd for my conversion. I have everything else...including 2 trannys... I got a spare engine and tranny for 450 and 60k miles of use.

Im waiting for that and maybe an engine rebuild. But damn your making me want to dive into it ASAP. Ill send you pics of mine when i do it so you can update anything you want?
1893, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
hows this writeup commin along i am really gonna need it im gonna be doin my swap in the dark, hopefully my shop teacher at auto tech will let me use my car for a project car. other than that ur my only hope.

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit
1894, RE: Anyone want an A/t to M/t writeup
I got it today. Props to Slow AT Talon. I have it up on my site and ready to be linked. We are polishing it up and I will try and get some pics as soon as I start work on mine. Just waitting on word form Slow AT Talon to let me know hes ok with me posting the link here. Oh and no making fun.:P It was a 5 min job so I just did it in Microsoft word.

If any one has tips, pics, or info to add in let me ( us ) know.
Also I know a parts list is a big plus so if any one can get a detailed on going that would also be helpfull. Good luick to all doing this...Lets show em we can do it, its been done before.:thumbsup
1899, Here it is A/T to M/T
Okay Here it is minus the pics. It needs to be polished up but here is the rough draft for all to see. Please E-mail me if you guys get pics or you want to make changes. Also anywhere that says (pic) is where I thought explanation alone wasn't enough. thanks to chamukogs for the space http://www34.brinkster.com/chamukogs/ATtoMTswapWritten%20by%20Mike.htm
1901, RE: Here it is A/T to M/T
ok i think i can handle the shifter assembly and pedal assembly and such the only thing i am worried bout is the trans part. like how do u take the axles out? what are the torque specs for some of the bolts on the trans and mounts. what does the flex plate look like and y do u have to take the exhaust off it looks like it would clear. thanks and very good write up points to you sir.

Mods:
1909, RE: Here it is A/T to M/T
any1?
btw do u have any pics for the writeup yet?

Mods:
1947, RE: Here it is A/T to M/T
Sorry I haven't posted but my ex stole my blue 95 talon legally and I saw it coming and did little about it. Python, to take out the axel I normally drop out the (3) 14mm suspension nuts and (2) 17mm A-arm bolts,also don't forget to take off the axel nut first. The flexplate???? no clue, as for the exhaust if you drop out the exhaust it allows the motor to move forward enough so that you can pull your tranny so the differential can clear the crossmember.
anything else?
1967, RE: Here it is A/T to M/T
python IM or email me. I bet if we both do the swap at the same time we can polish this write up nicely. Do you have a digital camera?

Also, there are write ups for rmeoving the axles.

Do you have a parts list?

On the caps program it listsl the nuts and bolts but not their thread size or anything .

so when are you planning on doing this? All im missing is the final word on the rear mount. Caps shows that its the same but i heard from other AT owners that the MT inserts wont work?
1968, RE: Here it is A/T to M/T
This will help with the axles:

http://www.2gnt.com/www/corbin/axle.html

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

1984, RE: Here it is A/T to M/T
Thanks a lot CORBIN! mind if I link to that?
1991, RE: Here it is A/T to M/T
Sure link away...credit next to the link would be good.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

2189, RE: Here it is A/T to M/T
Posted by blcktalipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i want i want i want plz write up im doing the same thing fairly quick here i need it:bowdown
2190, RE: Here it is A/T to M/T
Its already up

http://www34.brinkster.com/chamukogs/ATtoMTswapWritten%20by%20Mike.htm

Just have nto polished it yet, I guess Ill read it over today since im home, being sick sucks.

Tke pics if you can when you do yours, so we can use em, of course credit will be given where its due.
2191, RE: Here it is A/T to M/T
Posted by blcktalipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
is there any place or anybody that has a full list of everythin ill need to swap at to mt?this would be greatly appreciated thx:thumbsup
2698, RE: Here it is A/T to M/T
OK guys im finally doing this myself. Im also doing a rebuild at the same time so sorry for the messy sloppy pics. Any one has anymore or would like me to take more, let me know. I am now adding the pics to the write up and maby changing its location. Ill post the new link or at least let you know when the pics are up.
2866, RE: Here it is A/T to M/T
Posted by InFiNiT3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
doing this this week... if the pics r up... wheres the pics bro?
jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor
I generated this page in 0.017893075942993 seconds, executing 7 queries.