Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #30843
View in threaded mode

Subject: "FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
snotrocket1998Dec-17-03 07:29 PM
Member since Sep 11th 2003
97 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30843, "FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"

If you are interested in fiberglass enclosures that fit flush with the top of your trunk and fill the space between the back of the rear seat and the back of the trunk then contact me at snotrocket98@comcast.net. I am in the process of designing and making a mold to mass produce these custom enclosures that fit directly in to our 95-99 eclipse. I am looking to sell these enclosures in the neighborhood of $350.00. The kits will include the enclosure, all mounting hardware, and instructions. This will be a great looking piece and definitely help you get points at the shows. just hit me at the email address above and i will send you some pics of the work in progress. Thanks,
Jared

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Teamner947Dec-17-03 07:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30844, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like a reasonable price. if i was in the market i'd highly consider it.

about a year and a half ago when i built my spare tire well fiberglass box it took over 2 days of bending over the rear hatch to make it. what a PITA! my back hurt for weeks after that and my car smelled like fiberglass for a month. taking out all of that metal spare tire well crap with a cutoff wheel wasn't fun either. i'd assume that this similar location would take about the same amount of work to do. if i was mass producing spare tire well boxes i'd probably charge at least $275 for them because they're not any fun to make.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiDec-17-03 07:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#30847, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by ner947
sounds like a reasonable price. if i was in the market i'd highly consider it. about a year and a half ago when i built my spare tire well fiberglass box it took over 2 days of bending over the rear hatch to make it. what a PITA! my back hurt for weeks after that and my car smelled like fiberglass for a month. taking out all of that metal spare tire well crap with a cutoff wheel wasn't fun either. i'd assume that this similar location would take about the same amount of work to do. if i was mass producing spare tire well boxes i'd probably charge at least $275 for them because they're not any fun to make.

Yeah, my car smelled like fiberglass for two weeks. I had a buddy helping me cut out the metal supports for the spare and he almost cut his finger off with the die grinder. Hospital and stitches...

Here's what mine looks like:

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

RSClipse9d7Dec-18-03 01:24 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#30857, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 2

Some pics would be help these sell.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

ChamukoDec-18-03 11:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#30885, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 3

Im interested if you make some for the sides. The space between the rear wall and the rear tire well, where the stock cd chager goes.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

snotrocket1998Dec-18-03 05:24 PM
97 posts,
#30907, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks guys, i really appreciate the interest! I think the boxes i am making look excellent. I saw in some of these threads you guys might have been confused about my boxes and really need to see some pics. The box i am selling fits flush with the top of the trunk not the floor of it. I am having a brain fart right now and really need some help on how to post pictures on here, can one of you guys help me out so i can show you my product prototype. Either that or i can email them to you!
Jare

snotrocket1998Dec-19-03 07:24 AM
97 posts,
#30940, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 5

hey guys, get me your emails and i will get some pics out to you of the prototype. ner947 saw some pics last night and thought it looked pretty dope. Thanks,
Jared

finxsterDec-20-03 06:31 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2003
252 posts,
#31031, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 6

I'm interested. Send pics to bdauber@charter.net

http://photos.freeserve.com/public/detail.html?c_album=400479
Member#3206(LOL)

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself...

where the hell is the ceiling?

python6586Dec-21-03 07:05 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#31046, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 7

interested as well, python6586@fast.net

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

snotrocket1998Dec-21-03 06:03 PM
97 posts,
#31067, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 7

hey man, i just sent you an email with some pics, your car looks great, I love the RED. This box would be pretty dope in there painted RED. Thanks again man, we'll be in touch
Jared

snotrocket1998Dec-21-03 06:04 PM
97 posts,
#31068, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 8

same for you man, love the red, I have sent you some pics, hope you like it,
Jared

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #30843 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic