Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #9193
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Socal - Take Aftermarket Parts off my car day..." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
Teameclipse804Aug-31-03 10:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9193, "Socal - Take Aftermarket Parts off my car day..."

Hey all, just wondering if any of you in socal would be willing to help me take some stuff off of my car. Mainly, I need to do these things:

-take off Hotshot header and put back stock exhaust manifold
-take off Magnaflow muffler with piping up to flange, and bolt on stock muffler
-take off AEM CAI and put back stock intake (I don't even know how the stock intake box is supposed to go on because I didn't take if off myself)
-take off AFX UDP (maybe - only if have time and still thinking about whether I should take it off)

Also, does anyone have a stock heat shield for the exhaust manifold they'd sell me? I also need a stock UDP if I take off the AFX. I wanna do this all in one day, but I'm not sure if I have all the tools needed. So if anyone has all the tools necessary (I have a jack and jack stands, and a torque wrench, but not much else), I could come to your place or you could come to mine. I'll order some pizza and we could work on it. Maybe others have things they need to fix on their cars too. I need to do this asap on a weekday, so I know it may be hard for most of you to make it. Either one day this coming week or the following. Let me know...thanks.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ChamukoAug-31-03 12:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9195, "RE: Socal - Take Aftermarket Parts off my car day..."
In response to Reply # 0

your way out threre hugh?..

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ezAug-31-03 01:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#9196, "RE: Socal - Take Aftermarket Parts off my car day..."
In response to Reply # 1

Hey Marcus, you still in Riverside right now?

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

ClayAug-31-03 02:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#9198, "RE: Socal - Take Aftermarket Parts off my car day..."
In response to Reply # 2

I'd be willing to help.

95 GST | So-Cal

Teameclipse804Aug-31-03 09:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#9206, "RE: Socal - Take Aftermarket Parts off my car day..."
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah I'm in Riverside or SGV most of the time. If someone has the tools, I'd be happy to go to your place. I don't think it would really take too long to do all this.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

Weezle745Aug-31-03 09:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#9207, "RE: Socal - Take Aftermarket Parts off my car day..."
In response to Reply # 4

the exhaust is easy, ive done it twice now. just spray the bolts down in WD-40. U could probably come to my house if its not too far for you.

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

Teameclipse804Aug-31-03 10:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#9208, "RE: Socal - Take Aftermarket Parts off my car day..."
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks James. My car is actually near City of Industry and hasn't been driven for a couple of months. The battery is dead too. I think the main part I need help with is the header. I need a stock heat shield and also have no idea how to put back the stock header (well I have a general clue but not sure what tools I need and if I have them).

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

thedawgSep-01-03 08:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#9216, "RE: Socal - Take Aftermarket Parts off my car day..."
In response to Reply # 6

I can give you a hand too... just come by my place any night after 7pm. I'm in Norwalk, so only a couple miles from Industry. Let me know if you need me to come out and give you a jump or charge the battery or something.

I have the lower heat shield, but Mike is borrowing the upper heat shield right now... maybe I can get it back if you can't find another one.

ChamukoSep-01-03 12:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#9223, "RE: Socal - Take Aftermarket Parts off my car day..."
In response to Reply # 7

In near him^ so I can help too, everything but the udp is a simple bolt on and bolt off kind of thing.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Teameclipse804Sep-01-03 12:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#9227, "RE: Socal - Take Aftermarket Parts off my car day..."
In response to Reply # 7

>I can give you a hand too... just come by my place any night
>after 7pm. I'm in Norwalk, so only a couple miles from
>Industry. Let me know if you need me to come out and give you
>a jump or charge the battery or something.
>
>I have the lower heat shield, but Mike is borrowing the upper
>heat shield right now... maybe I can get it back if you can't
>find another one.

Hey Dan, is there a place we could work on my car at where you are? It's probably easiest if I go to your place since you have a lot of tools. I think the part I need is the upper heat shield because the shop bent it all up when trying to get my stock exhaust manifold (where it bolts to the engine) off. Let me know when would be a good time for you. I'll be free this Wednesday night, or next week either Monday or Tuesday night. Thanks a lot...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

Weezle745Sep-02-03 06:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#9285, "RE: Socal - Take Aftermarket Parts off my car day..."
In response to Reply # 9

OT - but Marcus, how much would it be to get my fiberglass sideskirts painted and installed? I remember you saying you had the hook-ups with that kind of stuff. They are brand new too so will they have to be fitted? I know nothing about body work.

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #9193 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic