Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #510
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Fastest NA Manual 2gnt?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
Vectorracing_BFeb-03-02 09:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
120 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#510, "Fastest NA Manual 2gnt?"

we have fastest NA auto's what about the NA manuals?

Engine mods-
RS Akimoto short (P.O.S.!) intake, Greddy Sport Cat-back ex.
Suspension-
Ground Control Coil-overs,KYB AGX shocks, RS Akimoto strut bar(front) TSW Trouphies 18x8,Nitto 555's.
Exterior-
Paint! C.F. Hood, Z3 fenders, Street Fighter Gen 2

Remember me?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
TeamMichael_97RSFeb-03-02 10:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#511, "RE: Fastest NA Manual 2gnt?"
In response to Reply # 0

At the moment as far as we know, Todd holds that record at a 15.5?

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, Crane Ignition Amp

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100Feb-03-02 03:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#512, "it might not be me"
In response to Reply # 1

Jake martin has a run that is, I think, 2 thousandths faster than me.

And, I've heard of some other faster runs, a low 15 second run here, two high 14 second runs there, but so far there is no proof of anything faster than a 15.5 something.

Well, that is until I get faster than that

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Vectorracing_BFeb-03-02 04:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
120 posts,
#513, "RE: it might not be me"
In response to Reply # 2

So has anyone gone all out and done internals, externals, gutting the car and basicaly laid down the law "naturaly"? Im just looking to be able to kick some stock to slightly modified gs-t/x ass! The trans swap is looking good right now. Seems I can gain a whole second by the swap.

Engine mods-
RS Akimoto short (P.O.S.!) intake, Greddy Sport Cat-back ex.
Suspension-
Ground Control Coil-overs,KYB AGX shocks, RS Akimoto strut bar(front) TSW Trouphies 18x8,Nitto 555's.
Exterior-
Paint! C.F. Hood, Z3 fenders, Street Fighter Gen 2

Remember me?

bigbrent88Feb-03-02 05:35 PM
Member since Jan 13th 2002
692 posts,
#514, "RE: it might not be me"
In response to Reply # 3

What are you doing, adding a gsx tranny to your car, that would be sweet!

ModeratorVX100Feb-04-02 02:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#515, "RE: it might not be me"
In response to Reply # 3

One or two people have, such as Eric Ristine, but I don't think he ever got a clean run with his car. It kept breaking, getting broken into, stuff like that, so he got frustrated and went to RX-7s.

I just have bolt ons (see mod list) and I don't even have all the bolt ons. I have the stock cat back exhaust pipe, the stock cat, stock throttle body, and I'm doing ok.

I plan on trying to get some kind of timing advance on the car (some day soon I hope, I think this could be a good gain for our cars), then hi flow cat (maybe an RRE cat with some flanges welded onto it, I might do the cat before timing if I'm having trouble finding a way to advance the car's timing) then bigger throttle body (I don't think I'll need it until after the cat, others would disagree but that's my guess).

I am going to try keeping the stock cat-back pipe and GS-T muffler, and keeping the head totally stock as well (no valve jobs or head porting, I don't think it is necessary) and after a few more bolt ons and some good tuning then look at cam gears and cams.

I actually don't want to touch the head at all, period. After all of those mods (cat, TB, timing (and tuning), cam gears, cams) I don't see why I wouldn't be able to hit 14's. I know the next 0.58 seconds are a big 0.58 seconds for my car, but we'll see what happens.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

bigbrent88Feb-04-02 08:58 AM
Member since Jan 13th 2002
692 posts,
#516, "RE: it might not be me"
In response to Reply # 5

I wouldn't worry so much about the cat, save that money towards some big improvements, like 12.5 compression pistons, or an underdrive pulley, UDP being the cheapest. Get a throttle body too, it adds in the top end, I think like 3-4 hp.

ModeratorVX100Feb-04-02 12:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#517, "RE: it might not be me"
In response to Reply # 6

I've got the pulley, defenitely worth it.

And I'd rather not go through the hassle (at least any time soon) of pulling the engine apart for pistons. I'm trying to go through the easy stuff first. I'd actally like to see what I can do without pulling the engine apart. I've done well so far.

Also, I think there is more to be gained from the cat than the throttle body. I haven't really got any direct proof why, but I just think that's the way to go. We all have different opinions on certain things.

Besides, a high flow cat with flanges is going to cost me, at the most, $130. I can get it welded for cheap or for free, or if I practice some more I might be able to do it myself (I've done a little welding, but it was really rough work, I haven't done it much) I've spent more than that on the CD changer

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-05-02 01:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#518, "RE: it might not be me"
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah, I also am going NA, as far as my budget will allow, hopefully I'll have a little surprise for you at this years shoot out Todd...

I have a great set up in mind, now it's just a matter of when my bedget will allow me to build it. Also last step of mine will be pulling the motor. At which point idecide on high cmopression 2.2L stroker (Howell soon to be) or 2.4L swap...

And Todd I was wrong I won't be playing with timing soon... So now seriously looking at the S-ITC, at this rate I may have one installed before you

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, Crane Ignition Amp

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

ModeratorVX100Feb-05-02 01:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#519, "RE: it might not be me"
In response to Reply # 8

At the rate I'm progressing with the thing, you probably will have one installed before me. I'll keep you posted if I get any info.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Dave_FLFeb-07-02 12:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#520, "RE: it might not be me"
In response to Reply # 9

Are you guys running these 15's with slicks?

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #510 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic