Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectFastest NA Manual 2gnt?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=510
510, Fastest NA Manual 2gnt?
Posted by Vectorracing_B, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
we have fastest NA auto's what about the NA manuals?
511, RE: Fastest NA Manual 2gnt?
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
At the moment as far as we know, Todd holds that record at a 15.5?

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, Crane Ignition Amp
512, it might not be me
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Jake martin has a run that is, I think, 2 thousandths faster than me.

And, I've heard of some other faster runs, a low 15 second run here, two high 14 second runs there, but so far there is no proof of anything faster than a 15.5 something.

Well, that is until I get faster than that :)
513, RE: it might not be me
So has anyone gone all out and done internals, externals, gutting the car and basicaly laid down the law "naturaly"? Im just looking to be able to kick some stock to slightly modified gs-t/x ass! The trans swap is looking good right now. Seems I can gain a whole second by the swap.
514, RE: it might not be me
Posted by bigbrent88, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What are you doing, adding a gsx tranny to your car, that would be sweet!
515, RE: it might not be me
One or two people have, such as Eric Ristine, but I don't think he ever got a clean run with his car. It kept breaking, getting broken into, stuff like that, so he got frustrated and went to RX-7s.

I just have bolt ons (see mod list) and I don't even have all the bolt ons. I have the stock cat back exhaust pipe, the stock cat, stock throttle body, and I'm doing ok.

I plan on trying to get some kind of timing advance on the car (some day soon I hope, I think this could be a good gain for our cars), then hi flow cat (maybe an RRE cat with some flanges welded onto it, I might do the cat before timing if I'm having trouble finding a way to advance the car's timing) then bigger throttle body (I don't think I'll need it until after the cat, others would disagree but that's my guess).

I am going to try keeping the stock cat-back pipe and GS-T muffler, and keeping the head totally stock as well (no valve jobs or head porting, I don't think it is necessary) and after a few more bolt ons and some good tuning then look at cam gears and cams.

I actually don't want to touch the head at all, period. After all of those mods (cat, TB, timing (and tuning), cam gears, cams) I don't see why I wouldn't be able to hit 14's. I know the next 0.58 seconds are a big 0.58 seconds for my car, but we'll see what happens.
516, RE: it might not be me
Posted by bigbrent88, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I wouldn't worry so much about the cat, save that money towards some big improvements, like 12.5 compression pistons, or an underdrive pulley, UDP being the cheapest. Get a throttle body too, it adds in the top end, I think like 3-4 hp.
517, RE: it might not be me
I've got the pulley, defenitely worth it.

And I'd rather not go through the hassle (at least any time soon) of pulling the engine apart for pistons. I'm trying to go through the easy stuff first. I'd actally like to see what I can do without pulling the engine apart. I've done well so far.

Also, I think there is more to be gained from the cat than the throttle body. I haven't really got any direct proof why, but I just think that's the way to go. We all have different opinions on certain things.

Besides, a high flow cat with flanges is going to cost me, at the most, $130. I can get it welded for cheap or for free, or if I practice some more I might be able to do it myself (I've done a little welding, but it was really rough work, I haven't done it much) I've spent more than that on the CD changer :)
518, RE: it might not be me
Yeah, I also am going NA, as far as my budget will allow, hopefully I'll have a little surprise for you at this years shoot out Todd...

I have a great set up in mind, now it's just a matter of when my bedget will allow me to build it. Also last step of mine will be pulling the motor. At which point idecide on high cmopression 2.2L stroker (Howell soon to be) or 2.4L swap...

And Todd I was wrong I won't be playing with timing soon... :-( So now seriously looking at the S-ITC, at this rate I may have one installed before you :-)

Michael J. Kulaga

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, Crane Ignition Amp
519, RE: it might not be me
At the rate I'm progressing with the thing, you probably will have one installed before me. I'll keep you posted if I get any info.
520, RE: it might not be me
Posted by Dave_FL, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Are you guys running these 15's with slicks?
521, RE: it might not be me
Posted by Fast420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Nope! These guys are running 15's on street tires.

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/

Perf:
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
5 Strut Bars (2 F/U, F/L, R/U, R/L)
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Corbin's A/F Gauge
MSD DIS-2 Ignition System
Some Regrind Cams that need High Compression (which I don't have)
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Drop in K&N Filter and open airbox
Custom 2 1/2 inch exhaust with Dual DTM Muffler
Empty Catalytic Convertor
Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts
Hurricane_GS Short Shifter
Symborsky Shift Kit
Clutchmasters Stage 3 Modular
225/50/16inch Wheels and Tires

Audio:
Alpine CD Head Unit
Alpine Flex4 25W X 4 for Fronts and Rears
Alpine V-12 450W X 1 for Subs
Infinity Reference Series 5 1/4 and 1 inch tweeter component systems for fronts and rears
Blaupunkt 3 way 6x9's in the rears
3 MTX 5000 10" 12 ohm subs running 4 ohms mono

522, RE: it might not be me
stock 14's to be exact :)
523, RE: it might not be me
Posted by Kory, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
fastest NT 420a eclipse 5 speed i've seen is 14.58 in person

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, B&M SS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 10 degrees Frank 2 w/47trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

524, RE: it might not be me
What mods on that 14.5 run? Why doesn't this guy send in his time slip to the DSM board since he is running as fast as turbo and Nos guys?

Perf:
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Corbin's A/F Gauge
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Symborsky Shift Kit

Audio:
Alpine CD Head Unit
Infinity Reference Series 5 1/4 and 1 inch tweeter component systems for fronts and rears

525, RE: it might not be me
Posted by Kory, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
because i think he doesnt want others to know his secrets... he was a former 2gnt member

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, B&M SS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 10 degrees Frank 2 w/47trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

526, RE: it might not be me
So if he WAS a member, who was it?

Perf:
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Corbin's A/F Gauge
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Symborsky Shift Kit

Audio:
Alpine CD Head Unit

527, RE: it might not be me
>because i think he doesnt want others to know his secrets...
>he was a former 2gnt member

That doesn't make any sense. Why would he be a FORMER member and not a CURRENT one???? Does he have some kind of problem with the eccentric personalities who inhabit this place or something??? :7 :) :P

What possible "secrets" could he have? The secret ported head mod? Or the secret hoosier drag slick mod? Or the secret $10,000 internal upgrade mod? There is nothing new in automobiles since the 1940's, NOTHING. Any "secret modification" he's thought of has certainly been done before. Gauranteed.

I'd really like to see a car running faster than me, I REALLY WOULD! I DON'T WANT THE FASTEST RUN TO BE A 15.5! I'm trying to get that faster time slip, but if someone is a second faster already with no turbo and no nitrous, then what's the point of not posting the timeslip? What's the point of keeping everything a "secret"?

Damnit, I want to see some timeslips!
528, RE: it might not be me
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I can understand keeping it a secret BEFORE you run it at the track but what the hell is the point of not saying after the fact? You'd think someone would like the title fastest NT 2gNT. I guess not.
529, RE: it might not be me
His secret was probably nitrous.

Perf:
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Corbin's A/F Gauge
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Symborsky Shift Kit

Audio:
Alpine CD Head Unit

530, RE: it might not be me
Posted by SaberKhan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm with Todd. I'd definitely like to see someone beat our times. I ran a 15.587 with a Tenzo short ram, Greddy catback, and some blown rear shocks. :D I've since fixed the suspension, gotten better tires and added the AFX pulley. Though, I'm not heading back to the track anytime soon. I'm getting tired of doing tranny swaps :D
531, RE: it might not be me
you blew your trans naturaly aspirated? How??? How strong are our trans? Auto and Manual.
532, RE: it might not be me
I'm going to have to skip a night at the dojo and go to the track once I have my latest mods in stalled and see if I can post a respectable time above my 16.3 (DAMNN third gear, yes you will hear about this until I run again)

Michael J. Kulaga

533, RE: it might not be me
It shouldn't be too hard for you to break into the 15.9's Mike. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
534, RE: it might not be me
even with the missed shift in 3rd, if he wasn't running those heavy rims/tires he might have gotten there :P
535, RE: it might not be me
You know you guys are making me feel sad by leaving me out of the fastest NA MT talk. :( I WAS one of the fastest ATs so swapped and all I think I can keep up just fine. It's not like I've put the turbo in yet so I think I got a good couple of months NA left. I'd like to hope it's pretty close to you guys now and hopefully with a little tuning, weight reduction, and putting on the rest of my mods I got sitting around I think I'd be some good competition now. Though the sub, box, amp, and them damn 28lbs wheels will have to come off for the track runs. Anyway, now that Michael and I are on more even footing (tranny wise) we have to see whose faster. :)
536, RE: it might not be me
That sounds like a challege Thura. Damn I need to get to a track. And get my "heavy rims/tires" off. The Potenzas grab so nicely though. I need someone I trust to throw everything in the car, like spare. I don't trust the people at the track. Maybe i should go and yank out seats and all, see what I can do... Never know...

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

Michael J. Kulaga

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit w/, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines
537, RE: it might not be me
Looking forward to some friendly competition there. I'm gonna put in those cam gears this weekend and then try to get some track time, some dyno time, some datalogger time, and tune the sucker pretty good. I know I'm gonna have to improve my driving a good amount but I'm hoping to be up there.
538, RE: it might not be me
Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. Put your money where your mouff is. ;)
539, RE: it might not be me
Hmmm ... now how long of a drive is Beaumont from Houston?? ;)
540, RE: it might not be me
Hm..not that far. Dino's been down here a few times. Hey...thats not fair. Pickin on me like dat :P I only got a short ram, exhaust and a pulley. :D You'd beat me like a rented mule. Whoop me like I owed you money. Spank me like a read headed step child. ;)

I need to grab my buddy Dave and his GS-T and come on up to Houston one weekend. Dino keeps tryin to talk me into it. I just might take him up on the offer :D
541, RE: it might not be me
That sounds like a challenge to me. Thura time to strip out your interior too and take her to the track.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

Michael J. Kulaga

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit w/, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines
542, RE: it might not be me
yeah yeah ... I'm was going tomorrow night ... that was before i looked at the schedule and saw that there is no test and tune at HRP on Wednesday. It's at Rivercity just outside of San Antonio. That's quite a drive. I guess I'll have to go on a Friday night or just drive the 3 hours to San Antonio.
543, RE: it might not be me
Posted by DSBLK93GT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Michael_97RS ..I hear you about mot trusting people at the track. 2 years ago I was at the track and my friend got his whole tool box stolen out of the back of a truck! It had all his tools, pullies for his Kenne Bell SC,and pully change tool. I would not leave rims out unless you can lock them in a trunk or in a truck bed with cap. I gained a whole tenth from going back to my stock 16's compared to my old 17's I had. Do some weight reducing and you should be able to get down there...its almost like free HP from better Pwr/wt ratio..:)
I generated this page in 0.014620065689087 seconds, executing 7 queries.