Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1295
View in threaded mode

Subject: "First time racing at the track.." Previous topic | Next topic
2bFasterMay-25-02 10:33 AM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1295, "First time racing at the track.."

Okay I was Kinda dissapointed but I had fun..
*BESTS*
RT. .500
ET. 16.502
MPH 84.xx
... I was having problems spinning the tires past the 60 foot lights..(or so it seemed) I was dropping the clutch at 4k... I recently gutted my catalytic converter, and got my set of magnacors... should I excpect much of a change... Not to mention the fact that I ran with nearly a full tank of gas (like a dipshit) and the wind was blowing straigh t back at me (gusty like 5-15 mph)so everybody there was running alittle slow.... What are my chances of breaking into the 15's??? Oh my buddies stock focus SVT ran a best of 16.1 @ 87 mph... so It was fun I had clear up to the 1000' lights then he cought me.... the little phucker.... Any help
I guess my question is can I put on the stock 14' rims and tires on the front for a burn out?? will that help or would it even be worth the effort??? I wasnt doing a burn out on my 17's well just alittlle but I wasnt smoking them right out of the water box..

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Fast420AMay-25-02 11:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1296, "RE: First time racing at the track.."
In response to Reply # 0

Don't go through the water box on street tires, doesn't help, only hurts.

What were your 60' times?

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSBLK93GTMay-25-02 03:14 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2002
784 posts,
#1297, "RE: First time racing at the track.."
In response to Reply # 1

Waterbox is ONLY for slicks. Water gets in the treads and makes you spin even more. A burnout is not neccesary with street tires except drag radials. I only did one burnout other night and rest of time just clean them off. Thats what I do with my Probe...rev it up..dump it..spin to heat them up a little and clean them off. Street tires do NOT like alot of heat normally.

'00 Harley-Davidson F150
'88 Mustang GT
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
'00 Focus (beater)

2bFasterMay-27-02 07:29 AM
170 posts,
#1298, "RE: First time racing at the track.."
In response to Reply # 0

Okay times from the track yesterday
RT. .538
60' 2.308
ET. 15.932
MPH 89.46
I took everything out of my car the pass. seat, rear seat and ran on 1/8th tank of gas.. whats a good time to shoot for for 60' and 1/4 without any power adders???

*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.

vegasdsmrMay-27-02 08:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#1299, "RE: First time racing at the track.."
In response to Reply # 3

good time....

its all in the launch, imho... i used to get 2.5s all day, but then werkd on it a lil, and mustered a 2.2 60...

just shoot for 2 second 60s, low 2sec, and u shud be fine...

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

2bFasterMay-27-02 09:48 AM
170 posts,
#1300, "RE: First time racing at the track.."
In response to Reply # 4

what do you launch at ??? I was trying at 4k but I was still spinning the tires pretty good... they were at about 20 psi, and I did a half-assed burn-out (to clean 'em up) I also tried from 3500 and obviously it didnt spin as bad but my times werent much better...
Ill have it figured out yesterday was only the second time I raced it.. Plus I tried a few runs with the factory 14's and it actually ran slower....

*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.

vegasdsmrMay-27-02 12:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#1301, "RE: First time racing at the track.."
In response to Reply # 5

w/my mods, 3700-3800 werx best for me... but u also have to massage your clutch at the same time to get your tires to catch w/lil spin even tho its expected.....

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

skinny_oneMay-29-02 02:32 AM
Member since Mar 03rd 2002
258 posts,
#1302, "RE: First time racing at the track.."
In response to Reply # 6

I am trying to goto the track tonight. I took out my pass. seat, rear seats, floormats, spare tire, no fluid in windshield wiper bottle in front. what would be expected of me w/ my listed mods??

- No Purchase Neccesary. Details Inside.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1295 Previous topic | Next topic