Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectFirst time racing at the track..
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=1295
1295, First time racing at the track..
Posted by 2bFaster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Okay I was Kinda dissapointed but I had fun..
*BESTS*
RT. .500
ET. 16.502
MPH 84.xx
... I was having problems spinning the tires past the 60 foot lights..(or so it seemed) I was dropping the clutch at 4k... I recently gutted my catalytic converter, and got my set of magnacors... should I excpect much of a change... Not to mention the fact that I ran with nearly a full tank of gas (like a dipshit) and the wind was blowing straigh t back at me (gusty like 5-15 mph)so everybody there was running alittle slow.... What are my chances of breaking into the 15's??? Oh my buddies stock focus SVT ran a best of 16.1 @ 87 mph... so It was fun I had clear up to the 1000' lights then he cought me.... the little phucker.... Any help
I guess my question is can I put on the stock 14' rims and tires on the front for a burn out?? will that help or would it even be worth the effort??? I wasnt doing a burn out on my 17's well just alittlle but I wasnt smoking them right out of the water box..
1296, RE: First time racing at the track..
Posted by Fast420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Don't go through the water box on street tires, doesn't help, only hurts.

What were your 60' times?

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

1297, RE: First time racing at the track..
Posted by DSBLK93GT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Waterbox is ONLY for slicks. Water gets in the treads and makes you spin even more. A burnout is not neccesary with street tires except drag radials. I only did one burnout other night and rest of time just clean them off. Thats what I do with my Probe...rev it up..dump it..spin to heat them up a little and clean them off. Street tires do NOT like alot of heat normally.
1298, RE: First time racing at the track..
Okay times from the track yesterday
RT. .538
60' 2.308
ET. 15.932
MPH 89.46
I took everything out of my car the pass. seat, rear seat and ran on 1/8th tank of gas.. whats a good time to shoot for for 60' and 1/4 without any power adders???
1299, RE: First time racing at the track..
Posted by vegasdsmr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good time....

its all in the launch, imho... i used to get 2.5s all day, but then werkd on it a lil, and mustered a 2.2 60...

just shoot for 2 second 60s, low 2sec, and u shud be fine...
1300, RE: First time racing at the track..
what do you launch at ??? I was trying at 4k but I was still spinning the tires pretty good... they were at about 20 psi, and I did a half-assed burn-out (to clean 'em up) I also tried from 3500 and obviously it didnt spin as bad but my times werent much better...
Ill have it figured out yesterday was only the second time I raced it.. Plus I tried a few runs with the factory 14's and it actually ran slower....
1301, RE: First time racing at the track..
Posted by vegasdsmr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
w/my mods, 3700-3800 werx best for me... but u also have to massage your clutch at the same time to get your tires to catch w/lil spin even tho its expected.....

1302, RE: First time racing at the track..
Posted by skinny_one, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

I am trying to goto the track tonight. I took out my pass. seat, rear seats, floormats, spare tire, no fluid in windshield wiper bottle in front. what would be expected of me w/ my listed mods??
I generated this page in 0.0087411403656006 seconds, executing 7 queries.