Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10695
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My new headunit and system. pics." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
EclipsetipsMar-08-05 05:29 PM
Member since Mar 08th 2005
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10695, "My new headunit and system. pics."

Hey guys, im new to the forum and thought id show off my system as a first post. Heres what I got...

-Kenwood DDX7015 Head
-MB QUART PSD 216 Component Set
-MB Quart 6"x9" 's
-Custom sub enclosiuer housing 2 Alpine type R 12's
-MRD-M500 V12 AccuClass-D™ Mono Amplifier
-DIY ECLIPSE REVERSE NITE GLOW GAUGES
-DIY Red LED project

I plan on adding another amp to my trunk, a navigation system for the head and possibly an xbox or ps2 for fun. tell me what you think so far. thx.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
BumpinTalonMar-08-05 05:31 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10696, "RE: My new headunit and system. pics."
In response to Reply # 0

looks awesome man, that is a sweet deck. the box is a wee bit big, no trunk space left whatsoever , but whatever. it looks awesome.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipsetipsMar-08-05 08:03 PM
4 posts,
#10697, "RE: My new headunit and system. pics."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
looks awesome man, that is a sweet deck. the box is a wee bit big, no trunk space left whatsoever , but whatever. it looks awesome.

You drive a sports car, not an SUV! who needs trunk space, my car is left clean.

a_miller_76Mar-08-05 11:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10698, "RE: My new headunit and system. pics."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Eclipsetips
Originally posted by BumpinTalon looks awesome man, that is a sweet deck. the box is a wee bit big, no trunk space left whatsoever , but whatever. it looks awesome.
You drive a sports car, not an SUV! who needs trunk space, my car is left clean.

Well for one it's gonna make changing your tail light bulbs a bitch when you blow one LOL

I like it other than the enormous amount of trunk space used. Why didn't you flush your amp?

BumpinTalonMar-09-05 06:25 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#10699, "RE: My new headunit and system. pics."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Originally posted by BumpinTalon looks awesome man, that is a sweet deck. the box is a wee bit big, no trunk space left whatsoever , but whatever. it looks awesome.
Well for one it's gonna make changing your tail light bulbs a bitch when you blow one LOL I like it other than the enormous amount of trunk space used. Why didn't you flush your amp?

come to think of it, I never use my trunk either. but if I moved everything in my back seat to my trunk, it would definitely be full.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

siueclipseMar-09-05 07:02 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#10700, "RE: My new headunit and system. pics."
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-09-05 07:02 AM by siueclipse

i think for how much you spent on that ipod and headunit you could have put in a car computer and had much more going for you.

sub box looks nice thought

EclipsetipsMar-09-05 07:37 AM
4 posts,
#10701, "RE: My new headunit and system. pics."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by siueclipse
i think for how much you spent on that ipod and headunit you could have put in a car computer and had much more going for you. sub box looks nice thought

But then i wouldnt have an ipod for walking to class. And I got it as a present so there was no money to save. And I have a laptop, why do I want another computer?

siueclipseMar-09-05 07:44 AM
3504 posts,
#10702, "RE: My new headunit and system. pics."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by siueclipse i think for how much you spent on that ipod and headunit you could have put in a car computer and had much more going for you. sub box looks nice thought
But then i wouldnt have an ipod for walking to class. And I got it as a present so there was no money to save. And I have a laptop, why do I want another computer?

well.. i enjoy being able to access over 20,000 songs instantly. i also enjoy playing simpson episodes in my car which are saved on the computer. i like being able to datalog my car while listening to any mp3 i want. i like playing music videos on my car.. not to mention the simple use of a dvd player and being able to get on the internet no matter where i am.

optimuspetersonMar-09-05 08:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#10704, "RE: My new headunit and system. pics."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by siueclipse
Originally posted by siueclipse i think for how much you spent on that ipod and headunit you could have put in a car computer and had much more going for you. sub box looks nice thought
well.. i enjoy being able to access over 20,000 songs instantly. i also enjoy playing simpson episodes in my car which are saved on the computer. i like being able to datalog my car while listening to any mp3 i want. i like playing music videos on my car.. not to mention the simple use of a dvd player and being able to get on the internet no matter where i am.

I have the same deck. I could have 20000+ songs avialable and i do have Simpsons seasons 1-15, family guy, smallville, and many movies along with 20+ games (and just about every, NES, SNES, GAME BOY Advance, Gennis, N64 game) on my modded xbox box. Probably not all as easily accesible as the carputer but still easy enough.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

siueclipseMar-09-05 10:13 AM
3504 posts,
#10705, "RE: My new headunit and system. pics."
In response to Reply # 8

one device rather than many

RSClipse9d7Mar-09-05 10:37 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#10706, "RE: My new headunit and system. pics."
In response to Reply # 9

It looks good man. I would flush mount that amp and get a 4 channel to run the speakers, because right now it sounds like you are running them off your head unit and you could get much better sound with an amp. I like the headunit, by any chance is that face detachable? I kind of doubt it but just wondering. Keep up the good work and welcome to the board.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10695 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic