Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8908
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Any mounting Ideas?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Pyroman415Apr-30-04 06:00 AM
Member since Dec 03rd 2003
179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8908, "Any mounting Ideas?"

I have 2 7" screens a 1 4" screen and I need some ideas of places to mount them. I Dont want the 7"s in the head rests. I was thinking about some sort of fiberglassing job. I want to definately fiberglass my 2- 12" subs into my trunk. Any info about fiberglassing is also appreciated. Post your ideas please.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
SPL_EclipseApr-29-04 03:49 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8909, "RE: Any mounting Ideas?"
In response to Reply # 0

whre do you want to mount them? i would suggest perhaps one 7" in the front middle, one 7" on the back (perhaps angled up in the center consol?), and the 4" in the sub box just for show.

for fiberglassing tips, do a search, theres a lot of info/links. also go to www.sounddomain.com and search there.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorsd_eclipseApr-30-04 06:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#8917, "RE: Any mounting Ideas?"
In response to Reply # 1

Me, I would try to fit the 7" on the driver and pass. visor. The 4" maybe put in the pass airbag area or maybe even put one of the 7" there and then just put the 4" on the pass visor.

mastrcobbApr-30-04 12:44 PM
Member since Jan 06th 2004
39 posts,
#8920, "RE: Any mounting Ideas?"
In response to Reply # 2

I say put a 7 inch in the rear of the console, then one 7 inch in the sub box, and the four inch above the radio where the heater controls are then glass the heater controls into the glove box or down by the driver's side console foot area like mine

mastrcobbApr-30-04 12:50 PM
39 posts,
#8921, "RE: Any mounting Ideas?"
In response to Reply # 3

56k sue me

btw I don't have that gay ass dash kit anymore, I glassed a pocket in there too

SPL_EclipseApr-30-04 02:06 PM
5921 posts,
#8922, "RE: Any mounting Ideas?"
In response to Reply # 4

^^^pollen sucks huh? nice install, do you have any pics of the build-up?!?!?

mastrcobbMay-01-04 06:03 AM
39 posts,
#8926, "RE: Any mounting Ideas?"
In response to Reply # 5

Not really, I had planned on taking pictures of the whole process and writing a tech on how to do it, however there were so few stages it decided not to. Sorry

wickedtalonMay-01-04 06:34 PM
Member since Jan 04th 2002
978 posts,
#8933, "RE: Any mounting Ideas?"
In response to Reply # 6
May-01-04 06:34 PM by wickedtalon

one in the visor is you can get it to fit. Put the others in your SUV.

// Jim // 95 Talon / 99 Eclipse (sold)

Cincinnati,OH

eclipse982nrRSTMay-02-04 05:20 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#8944, "RE: Any mounting Ideas?"
In response to Reply # 2

if you want to strictly be custom and stand out from the rest do this ..... mold in the 4" into teh steering wheel, re-locate the cd player to the top heater vents or glove box, put the 7" in where the cd players used to be and the other 7" in the trunk next to the subs..... i did the steering wheel idea and the re-locating with the cd player and is soo different from anyone else! be custom, have fun doing it! if you need help doing so, let me know on your post or email me.

SPL_EclipseMay-02-04 05:47 PM
5921 posts,
#8945, "RE: Any mounting Ideas?"
In response to Reply # 8

^^^im interested to know how you integrated the CD player into the (former) vent section? its a DAMN tight fit, my custom piece used to break all the time in the upper-left-hand corner. did you tilt the unit to improve the structural integrity (like thunderous talon did)?

eclipse982nrRSTMay-03-04 06:53 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#8946, "RE: Any mounting Ideas?"
In response to Reply # 9

nope ... all i did was remove all the plastic leading to vents for the heat/air condition, i bought a piece of mdf board and screwed the clips on from the factory vent piece to the mdf, fiberglassed it, cut out my piece for the cd player and turbo timer above it. i have yet to have a crack or anything on it. its been this way for about 8 months now. it pops right in and out with clips just like the factry piece. i also fabricated up a bracket behind the mdf to hold the cd player properly so it woldnt sag down to cause cracking ... took all about 2-3 hours to make and paint it up. looks smooth too!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8908 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic