Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectAny mounting Ideas?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=8908
8908, Any mounting Ideas?
Posted by Pyroman415, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have 2 7" screens a 1 4" screen and I need some ideas of places to mount them. I Dont want the 7"s in the head rests. I was thinking about some sort of fiberglassing job. I want to definately fiberglass my 2- 12" subs into my trunk. Any info about fiberglassing is also appreciated. Post your ideas please.
8909, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
whre do you want to mount them? i would suggest perhaps one 7" in the front middle, one 7" on the back (perhaps angled up in the center consol?), and the 4" in the sub box just for show.

for fiberglassing tips, do a search, theres a lot of info/links. also go to www.sounddomain.com and search there.
8917, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
Posted by sd_eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Me, I would try to fit the 7" on the driver and pass. visor. The 4" maybe put in the pass airbag area or maybe even put one of the 7" there and then just put the 4" on the pass visor.
8920, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
Posted by mastrcobb, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I say put a 7 inch in the rear of the console, then one 7 inch in the sub box, and the four inch above the radio where the heater controls are then glass the heater controls into the glove box or down by the driver's side console foot area like mine :thumbsup
8921, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
56k sue me

btw I don't have that gay ass dash kit anymore, I glassed a pocket in there too
8922, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
^^^pollen sucks huh? :P nice install, do you have any pics of the build-up?!?!?
8926, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
Not really, I had planned on taking pictures of the whole process and writing a tech on how to do it, however there were so few stages it decided not to. Sorry
8933, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
Posted by wickedtalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
one in the visor is you can get it to fit. Put the others in your SUV.

8944, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
if you want to strictly be custom and stand out from the rest do this ..... mold in the 4" into teh steering wheel, re-locate the cd player to the top heater vents or glove box, put the 7" in where the cd players used to be and the other 7" in the trunk next to the subs..... i did the steering wheel idea and the re-locating with the cd player and is soo different from anyone else! be custom, have fun doing it! if you need help doing so, let me know on your post or email me.
8945, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
^^^im interested to know how you integrated the CD player into the (former) vent section? its a DAMN tight fit, my custom piece used to break all the time in the upper-left-hand corner. did you tilt the unit to improve the structural integrity (like thunderous talon did)?
8946, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nope ... all i did was remove all the plastic leading to vents for the heat/air condition, i bought a piece of mdf board and screwed the clips on from the factory vent piece to the mdf, fiberglassed it, cut out my piece for the cd player and turbo timer above it. i have yet to have a crack or anything on it. its been this way for about 8 months now. it pops right in and out with clips just like the factry piece. i also fabricated up a bracket behind the mdf to hold the cd player properly so it woldnt sag down to cause cracking ... took all about 2-3 hours to make and paint it up. looks smooth too! :)
8961, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
Hey I moved my heater controls!!!:P
8962, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
^^^you did? ALL of the a/c and heater controls?!?! pictures please.

when i took my a/c controls out, i just wired up two switches: one was system off/low/high (using the electrinics for the knob that controls that). the other switch was ac/heat. the mechanical cables were adjusted for the setting i always kept them at anyway and removed.

trust me, it is NOT easy having to re-install all of that later, lol.
8963, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
Posted by CrazyEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA moving a/c controls... ahem sorry
I tryed, but fucked something up bad, so I had someone else do it. Came out nice, but decided to leave them in the stock position because it looked just too weird.

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out: Sneek peek at whats going on
End of Project Goal - 5/12/04
member# 2498 / female member# unknown
8975, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
Posted by TanDaMan99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well If your not to fond of your rear passenger windows you could just fiberglass mold the two sevens into the rear quarter windows. And then the four can go into the passenger air bag or something.
8977, RE: Any mounting Ideas?
Good call on the windows mounting...on another note, it only took about a half hour to put the controls down near the left side of my console. All i did was: took a dremel and cut out the shape of the controls, then i used some metal backstrap and bolted the controls to the left side panel, then i hooked em all up...all the rods, levers and what not work, except for the one that you use to switch between outside air and inside air.

cheers, justin
I generated this page in 0.01135516166687 seconds, executing 7 queries.