Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9278
View in threaded mode

Subject: "JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Sean_neoJun-14-04 11:12 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2003
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9278, "JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items"

Well I got my alarm today, and well a quick note for everyone on refurbished items...Well some connectors are missing, there are no decals, ( i dont really care) no manuals or instructions (which they say are available at directed.com, but they are not. Also the controller and the brain have "B" inscribed on them, Im guessing someone bought this, installed it, inscribed it and returned it, it may be cosmetic, but who knows how much this was used, and I really dont want a B carved into my stuff.

Just to let you guys know....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
djtrickeeJun-14-04 11:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9279, "RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items"
In response to Reply # 0

hence the Refurbished part. The b etched into the units was probably done by Viper themselves as it is now classified as "B" stock and cannot be returned to a store or to viper for credit or full worth. Who really cares though since the only person that would ever see that is the installer or the thief who is ripping it out.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Sean_neoJun-14-04 11:47 AM
251 posts,
#9280, "RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items"
In response to Reply # 1

Well it is on the remote as well, which everyone is gonna look at...Do they really need to mark it? I mean cant they jsut take down the serial code or something?

djtrickeeJun-14-04 12:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#9282, "RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items"
In response to Reply # 2

yea
otherwise you could go to the store, buy a new one, put your refurb in the box and return it, keeping the new one. Its their way of letting shops and vendors know whats up.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

a_miller_76Jun-15-04 04:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#9285, "RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items"
In response to Reply # 3

B is for BAD. We used to do that at Circuit City so we would know which unit was which when we reinstalled them. And Viper wanted it done so that they could know at a glance.

If you're so damned worried about your remote just go buy a remote and reprogram it to your brain. Not that hard dude.

HiOnPSIJun-20-04 07:32 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
2745 posts,
#9317, "RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items"
In response to Reply # 4

I want one.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS

12.671 @ 111.660 1.586 60' 5/28/04

www.haiokuracing.com

Sean_neoJun-22-04 11:46 AM
251 posts,
#9327, "RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by a_miller_76
B is for BAD. We used to do that at Circuit City so we would know which unit was which when we reinstalled them. And Viper wanted it done so that they could know at a glance.

Dude are you serious? B=Bad??? Well if thats the case Im kinda screwed as the brain has a B on it so does the remote...geez, well Im probobly gonna install it tommorow, so Ill let you guys know.

a_miller_76Jun-22-04 12:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#9328, "RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Sean_neo
Originally posted by a_miller_76 B is for BAD. We used to do that at Circuit City so we would know which unit was which when we reinstalled them. And Viper wanted it done so that they could know at a glance.
Dude are you serious? B=Bad??? Well if thats the case Im kinda screwed as the brain has a B on it so does the remote...geez, well Im probobly gonna install it tommorow, so Ill let you guys know.

WEll we marked them and sent them back to DEI. I'm sure they fixed it then sold it to a refurbished reseller. You won't get a warranty on it though

420AYEJun-22-04 08:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#9329, "RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items"
In response to Reply # 7

"its a freestyle, the fuck you want for free?"

mebbe it means brown....or blue. or, BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

burntheblobsJun-26-04 02:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#9346, "RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by a_miller_76just go buy a remote and reprogram it to your brain. Not that hard dude.

sounded funny

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

420AYEJun-26-04 03:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#9348, "RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items"
In response to Reply # 9

yeah. just make a setup like in the matrix. piece of cake. can i drill the hole in your head?

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9278 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic