Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectJUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=9278
9278, JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Posted by Sean_neo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I got my alarm today, and well a quick note for everyone on refurbished items...Well some connectors are missing, there are no decals, ( i dont really care) no manuals or instructions (which they say are available at directed.com, but they are not. Also the controller and the brain have "B" inscribed on them, Im guessing someone bought this, installed it, inscribed it and returned it, it may be cosmetic, but who knows how much this was used, and I really dont want a B carved into my stuff.

Just to let you guys know....
9279, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hence the Refurbished part. The b etched into the units was probably done by Viper themselves as it is now classified as "B" stock and cannot be returned to a store or to viper for credit or full worth. Who really cares though since the only person that would ever see that is the installer or the thief who is ripping it out.
9280, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Well it is on the remote as well, which everyone is gonna look at...Do they really need to mark it? I mean cant they jsut take down the serial code or something?
9282, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea
otherwise you could go to the store, buy a new one, put your refurb in the box and return it, keeping the new one. Its their way of letting shops and vendors know whats up.
9285, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
B is for BAD. We used to do that at Circuit City so we would know which unit was which when we reinstalled them. And Viper wanted it done so that they could know at a glance.

If you're so damned worried about your remote just go buy a remote and reprogram it to your brain. Not that hard dude.
9317, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Posted by HiOnPSI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I want one.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS

12.671 @ 111.660 1.586 60' 5/28/04

www.haiokuracing.com
9327, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Originally posted by a_miller_76
B is for BAD. We used to do that at Circuit City so we would know which unit was which when we reinstalled them. And Viper wanted it done so that they could know at a glance.

Dude are you serious? B=Bad??? Well if thats the case Im kinda screwed as the brain has a B on it so does the remote...geez, well Im probobly gonna install it tommorow, so Ill let you guys know.
9328, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Sean_neo
Originally posted by a_miller_76 B is for BAD. We used to do that at Circuit City so we would know which unit was which when we reinstalled them. And Viper wanted it done so that they could know at a glance.
Dude are you serious? B=Bad??? Well if thats the case Im kinda screwed as the brain has a B on it so does the remote...geez, well Im probobly gonna install it tommorow, so Ill let you guys know.

WEll we marked them and sent them back to DEI. I'm sure they fixed it then sold it to a refurbished reseller. You won't get a warranty on it though :shrug
9329, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
"its a freestyle, the fuck you want for free?"

mebbe it means brown....or blue. or, BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
9346, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Posted by burntheblobs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by a_miller_76just go buy a remote and reprogram it to your brain. Not that hard dude.

sounded funny :D
9348, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah. just make a setup like in the matrix. piece of cake. can i drill the hole in your head?
9488, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so where'd you find the installation instructions from?
9489, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Let me know if you can access this: Wait for it to load..Need acrobat reader also.

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N554V.pdf

Its the Viper 790xv install manual. I install this stuff, so just speak up if you have any questions.
9525, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
I ended up finding them on a pdf using yahoo, then iw ent to futureshop(canada styled circut city) and printed it out...Went home hooked it up, and all is good.
9526, RE: JUST GOT MY VIPER 790xv...A note on refurbished viper items
Posted by sheldon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you could always just by another case for the remote also.
I generated this page in 0.0092668533325195 seconds, executing 7 queries.