Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8846
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Preventing Rims from being stolen?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
jsupetranApr-20-04 06:04 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8846, "Preventing Rims from being stolen?"

I guess this is a response to Ryans rims from being stolen and my paranioa...

Any ideas on any DEI systems out there and any reviews?

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
96eclipse2nrApr-20-04 06:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8847, "RE: Preventing Rims from being stolen?"
In response to Reply # 0

get an alarm with one or all of these. tilt sensor, shock sensor, proximity sensor. all would go off during the process of someone jacking your car up and taking your rims

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbo8uApr-20-04 07:11 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#8848, "RE: Preventing Rims from being stolen?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 96eclipse2nr
get an alarm with one or all of these. tilt sensor, shock sensor, proximity sensor.

ding ding ding

or a turret comin out of the sunroof

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

silent souls leave .308 holes

jsupetranApr-20-04 09:01 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#8849, "RE: Preventing Rims from being stolen?"
In response to Reply # 2

Oh that's good cause I've got the last two, but I still need to get a tilt sensor...

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

turbo8uApr-20-04 10:55 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#8850, "RE: Preventing Rims from being stolen?"
In response to Reply # 3

or you can hire some tactical midgets
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

silent souls leave .308 holes

SPL_EclipseApr-20-04 12:06 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#8851, "RE: Preventing Rims from being stolen?"
In response to Reply # 4

greenjellybean had a really good idea in the other thread. when you are getting the tires mounted, have the mechanics put a piece of paper in each tire saying "if these wheels are being serveced for a customer whos name is not (insertname), they are stolen. please contact me immediatly at (phonenumber) and call the police". thats a pretty damn good idea if you ask me! oh, and btw you can put all kinds of stuff in tires. last time mine were changed on the eclipse they found a screwdriver in one tire and a 4" long bolt in another. wtf?!?!?

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

WickedESiApr-20-04 07:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#8858, "RE: Preventing Rims from being stolen?"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah, I think that is a great idea!

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

willmayoApr-21-04 10:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
680 posts,
#8859, "RE: Preventing Rims from being stolen?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
greenjellybean had a really good idea in the other thread. when you are getting the tires mounted, have the mechanics put a piece of paper in each tire saying "if these wheels are being serveced for a customer whos name is not (insertname), they are stolen. please contact me immediatly at (phonenumber) and call the police". thats a pretty damn good idea if you ask me! oh, and btw you can put all kinds of stuff in tires. last time mine were changed on the eclipse they found a screwdriver in one tire and a 4" long bolt in another. wtf?!?!?

screwdriver???? that cant be good for the balance. writing the note and shoving it in the tire couldnt hurt at all though, good idea IMO. wheellocks are useless too btw, if someone wants those rims, they're gonna get them. and unless they have access to the machines necessary to mount/dismount tires they'll never find a note inside a tire.

--------------------
99 GS-Turbo 3.55 MTX
S16G @ ~15psi - FMIC - Forged Internals
Clinton Township, MI

nightwolf2369Apr-21-04 07:39 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2003
951 posts,
#8860, "RE: Preventing Rims from being stolen?"
In response to Reply # 7

i like the note idea

I no longer have my 99 rs because i totaled it!!!

iamnotwhoiamApr-22-04 03:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#8861, "RE: Preventing Rims from being stolen?"
In response to Reply # 8

another good place for the note would be on the inside of the center caps.. those caps have to come out when balanced and tire replacement... or you could engrave owner info on teh back of the wheel spokes or inside of tire.. just do it several places...

or you could place a tracking device on the rims/tires to track them if they were stolen.. like lojack or something.

or you could install bags and drop the car to the ground so its near to impossible to get to the wheels..

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

UberingramApr-22-04 12:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#8862, "RE: Preventing Rims from being stolen?"
In response to Reply # 9
Apr-22-04 12:21 PM by Uberingram

Wouldnt it be cool if the alarm put a huge electrical current through the rimes or something else and shock the living shit outta the guy?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8846 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic