Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectnewbie question: infinity amp
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=5373
5373, newbie question: infinity amp
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i don't have the infinity system but is it possible to use an infinity amp (that comes on those hirer end eclipse ) on my stereo on my gs? how hard is it to do?
5374, RE: newbie question: infinity amp
Posted by Mannyyy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sorry, the Infinity amp won't work with the stock non-Infinity radio. There's a cable that goes from the amp to the Infinity radio... however, the regular radios don't have a plug for it.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=5194
^^More info in case you're interested.
5386, RE: newbie question: infinity amp
Posted by red98eclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Buy your self a decent pioneer 150 dollar head unit, you'll thank yourself later. I got a 300 dollar unit for mine, and it gives me great sound, course I have alot of extras too. But still. If your getting an amp, that didn't come stock, dont use the stock cd player :)
5387, RE: newbie question: infinity amp
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm sure you could do it if you really wanted to, you would just have to know the pinoits for that infinity cable. Not worth it though IMO.

Oh and its HIGHER, not hirer LOL.
5388, RE: newbie question: infinity amp
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>I'm sure you could do it if you really wanted to, you would
>just have to know the pinoits for that infinity cable. Not
>worth it though IMO.
>
>Oh and its HIGHER, not hirer LOL.

i was wanting to make the sound better for cheap. oh well, i have the ten disc mitsu changer that operates with the stock head so i can't really change the head. but i was thinking of just upgrading the rear and door speakers for 120.

thanx for the response
5414, RE: newbie question: infinity amp
Posted by SlowEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Can you get an FM modulator or buy a HU with cd changer controls and use the mitsu changer?
5477, RE: newbie question: infinity amp
Posted by oMInOUs97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nope... Mitsu doesn't make a modulator for the changer, and I seriously doubt any aftermarket radio would work with the factory changer.
Although, if you were incredibly crafty and really wanted to, you might be able to take a changer cable for whatever type of radio you have, and splice it to the mitsu changer cable... either the changer might work, or it will produce the "magical smoke"!
I generated this page in 0.0082921981811523 seconds, executing 7 queries.