Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1040
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pics of my car" Previous topic | Next topic
PittJul-08-07 10:39 AM
Member since Feb 27th 2007
51 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1040, "Pics of my car"

Hi all,

woke up today and couldn't find anyone to wash the car so did it myself.. I took some pictures from far and some close-ups from were there are some scratches and so..

next is where my ex hit the car

the front bumper that fixed using red silicon and some crazy glue

don't know why when looking at the pic at the right side there is a space between the bumper and the headlight

the scratch is my dad trying to put the car in the garage drunk and the and a little above it a dog ran into me

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Pics of my car, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-08-07 10:47 AM, #1
RE: Pics of my car, totaleclipse_05, Jul-08-07 10:57 AM, #2
RE: Pics of my car, mreigle, Jul-08-07 10:58 AM, #3
RE: Pics of my car, mreigle, Jul-08-07 11:01 AM, #4
RE: Pics of my car, mreigle, Jul-08-07 11:10 AM, #5
      RE: Pics of my car, 2GeclipseRS, Jul-09-07 06:43 AM, #6
           RE: Pics of my car, cc8balla, Jul-09-07 07:36 AM, #7
RE: Pics of my car, Pitt, Jul-09-07 09:43 AM, #8
RE: Pics of my car, TeamDR1665, Jul-09-07 10:34 AM, #9
      RE: Pics of my car, Pitt, Jul-09-07 02:21 PM, #10
           RE: Pics of my car, enhance, Jul-09-07 04:50 PM, #11
                RE: Pics of my car, totaleclipse_05, Jul-10-07 12:43 AM, #12
                     RE: Pics of my car, edxmon, Jul-10-07 03:53 AM, #13
                          RE: Pics of my car, jonhix, Jul-11-07 08:46 AM, #14
                               RE: Pics of my car, 2GeclipseRS, Jul-11-07 10:13 AM, #15
                                    RE: Pics of my car, mreigle, Jul-11-07 11:42 PM, #16
                                         RE: Pics of my car, Pitt, Jul-13-07 12:57 PM, #17
                                              RE: Pics of my car, 2GeclipseRS, Jul-15-07 04:48 PM, #18
                                                   RE: Pics of my car, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-16-07 12:57 PM, #19

eclipse982nrRSTJul-08-07 10:47 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1041, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 0

Your poor car needs a COMPLETE make over dude. Cardboard between the intake pipe and battery!?!? lol. Crusty old thermostat housing! Peeling window trim..come on man, you gotta flip that poor car and get it back on its feet!

Can you even see out of those headlights to drive at night!?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleclipse_05Jul-08-07 10:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#1042, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 1

The outside of the car isn't too bad. Chrome rims aren't my thing and I have the same problem with the window trim above my windows.

The engine bay on the other hand needs A LOT of TLC. Get some engine degreaser and get it all cleaned up. Also like Mike stated, find something else besides the cardboard between the pipe and battery and maybe take apart the thermostat housing and get it all cleaned up/polished or something. With a little work, you can have a good, clean ride

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

mreigleJul-08-07 10:58 AM
Member since Jun 21st 2006
426 posts,
#1043, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 1

Air in the drivers rear tire would be nice.

You may want to put a screw in your ECU to hold it in place.

mreigleJul-08-07 11:01 AM
426 posts,
#1044, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 0

I would also put a tube going out from your radiator overflow bottle ran to a place under the engine. All of your discoloration in that area in due to coolant being pushed out and around that area.

mreigleJul-08-07 11:10 AM
426 posts,
#1045, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 4
Jul-08-07 11:11 AM by mreigle

The spark plug wire two over from the timing belt looks like it isn't plugged into the coil.

I would worry about where that intake is going. With the condition of that engine I would worry more about not getting water in the intake man than any performance gains you will receive by a colder intake.

With the condition of that engine you better go ahead and replace that small section of heater tube that connect to your thermostat housing. Older hoses in this location tend to leak which will lead to you overheating your engine and warping you head. Not to mention leaving you stranded roadside with a big bill on the way.

2GeclipseRSJul-09-07 06:43 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#1046, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-09-07 06:45 AM by 2GeclipseRS

Good thing you've come to 2gnt.

Your bumper is cracked in the same place as mine, though mine isn't as bad. I do have that annoying ripple under my driver side headlight exactly like that though. Dont worry about looks, car needs other stuff first. However, i will pat you on the back if you strip all the chrome off those rims and paint them something fierce.

Fix the coolant problem first and foremost. Replace the upper hose, flush the entire system out, replace your thermostat housing/thermostat or clean it up. If you're looking to dress up your engine a few companies make billet/polished radiator overflow cans. Your overflow should most def be routed towards the ground, not all over the motor mount, not all over the passenger side....not anywhere else.....just down.

Unrealated:

The plastic elbow or gromet by the thermostat housing/upper rad pipe/water pump on my mom's 3800 series II is blowing shit out everywhere. The computer is a liar and says everything is ok with coolant temps at 215 degrees just sitting there not running at all......

Not only do i have to fix her car this week but mine too.

cc8ballaJul-09-07 07:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#1047, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 6

You actually have people wash your car for you?

Are you rich or something?

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

PittJul-09-07 09:43 AM
51 posts,
#1048, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 0

Rich hahaha well thats a funny word... seems like the word rich and pitt is like fire and ice... but I have a bump that I pay too wash my car he does it better then me so,.. what the heck.. 'm waiting for my dad to have some time to go change all the gasket and such then I will change the thermostat housing and all... hahhaha.. first I had some rubber ball 2 put between the battery and the pipe..

TeamDR1665Jul-09-07 10:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#1049, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 8

Gotta love the sharp eyes on 2GNT, right?

The intake pipe rubbing against the battery is a common thing. The way I fixed it on my car was to cut a little more material off the end of the pipe where it mounts to the TB. This shortens the elbow right there and gets the pipe a bit of space near the battery. Looks like you've got plenty of material to cut at that end, so give it a shot, eh?

You should really replace that radiator hose, there, too. Looks like its got a bulge forming. Not a good thing, like Eigle mentioned.

As for the headlights, www.dsmsource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66059.

I just used some spray paint to fix the fading trim on my Galant this morning and it looks pretty good. If you can sand all that rubberized stuff off the trim, you can paint them and they will look a ton better. Or, you can order them from a dealership, which isn't too expensive.

Your car has seen its share of hard times, but a lot of them have. Don't let it get you down too much. A $1000 and some elbow grease will go a long way to getting your car back.

PittJul-09-07 02:21 PM
51 posts,
#1050, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 9

Well the rubber that goes at the door i can't find it anywhere on the internet and the dealer doesn't sell nor order it because they didn't sell any of 2nd gen eclipse so that's gonna be a prob any of you guys know where I can find those small things to buy like the door weatherstrip because when it rains it falls inside there are a lot of small thing I need and not all can be found at our junkyard or stores. things like the rubber; also need cap for where I put water to clean the windshield and so on small things also the I don't know how to call it.. where the iron thing that holds the hood open the thing that holds it in its place
all those small things are giving me stress cause can't find them but want them

enhanceJul-09-07 04:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
246 posts,
#1051, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 10

machv.com for weatherstrip.

Tony

Ebay intake/Pacesetter header/OBX catback/PT lifters/PT clutch
AF/X UDP/crankscraper/Symborski shift kit/ shortened shifter
3KGT 16X8s

totaleclipse_05Jul-10-07 12:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#1052, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by enhance
machv.com for weatherstrip. Tony

Sweet, I've been looking to see where I can get these at. Thanks a lot

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

edxmonJul-10-07 03:53 AM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#1053, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Originally posted by enhance machv.com for weatherstrip. Tony
Sweet, I've been looking to see where I can get these at. Thanks a lot

I realize you guys might not have junk yards near, but I payed $20 for my 4 pieces of weather strip, I DID have to take if off myself, but it made it MUCH easier to take off the old, and install the new.

Bro, thats how bad my car was before the paint/body job. I got my car from a salvage yard, god knows how long they had it. I did never dare to post pics of it like that though, now I wish I had. Take your time, and prioritize when it comes to 2gnts. Fresh new window trim wont keep your car running.

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

jonhixJul-11-07 08:46 AM
Member since Nov 05th 2004
89 posts,
#1054, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 13

Needs a little work but not too bad...I would definately put some more lugs on that 1 though...I only saw 1 holding the wheel on there

Jon_Hix
98' RS...almost stock, saving money for the custom turbo kit ^^

2GeclipseRSJul-11-07 10:13 AM
781 posts,
#1055, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 14

You need a cap for your windsheild washer fluid res?

That blows. I took mine off and threw it out not too long ago. I threw out a bunch of crap i didn't need that was on my car....lol.

Here's an idea, if your windsheild ever gets dirty, bust out the spray bottle and a clean rag. Gut that res out of your car. It'll make room for other crap later. If your battery is cluttering up your engine bay, relocate it to the hatch. Pay 30 bucks and get some lug nuts. Change all your fluids in your car and do a compression check. Fix all your oil leaks. Dont ever let a homeless man near your glass with newspaper and a piss filled cup....

Seems like you dont want to do alot of the work on your car yourself. That's not good. Alot of things i found wrong with my car were mechanic error. For instance, whoever did the valve cover gasket on my car (i did mine yesterday....the right way) didn't clean the gasket sealing surface. They left good sized burrs on the back side of the valve cover and they didn't torque the bolts down worth a fuck. the result....oil all over the fucking place and two drowned sparkplugs. I did find out that was the source of my main leak.

Ever siphoned oil by mouth? I have. It sucks.

Whoever did the clutch in my car did a half assed job of putting the tranny mount back together so i ran all over the place to find a grade 8 nut and a crush washer. As a result of that nut falling out (all dirty jokes aside), my rear motor mount has a nice little crack in it that i have to weld up eventually.

You need to get:

A factory service manual

A chilton manual

A Haynes repair manual

You need to do:

Learn how to do alot of your own work. Not only will it save you money but if something fucks up, you can only yell at yourself. I have a bad temper so chances are good i'd beat the shit out of a mech for handing me my car back all fucked up. Doing your own work gives you street cred too....lol. Kidding. You'll learn a great deal about your car and that's important in my opinion.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

mreigleJul-11-07 11:42 PM
426 posts,
#1056, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
A chilton manual A Haynes repair manual

I would just get the factory manual. The Chilton and Haynes will just get you in trouble.

PittJul-13-07 12:57 PM
51 posts,
#1057, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 16

Sorry did't reply for a few days.. but all these days have been crazy alottt of work, i work parttime for a car dealer that sells; suzuki, subaru, isuzu and GM. Work like a driver for them driving the car to the company or to where they keep them parking and replacing cars in the showroom and stuf... and I'm tired ass hell the entire week was exhausting gut hey it was worthed.
Well it never crossed my mind to do it myself.. I want to and if it was for me I would do everything myself. but I'm a bit clums when it comes to mechanical things of my car and I trust my dad who is a car mechanic a lot more then myself.. but the thing is that he doesn't always have time for me because client first family last. But hey will give it a try with small and easy things already flushed all the liquid by myself but changing parts is a bit more difficult and I tried finding the weatherstrip but without any luck does anyone have a direct link or another search word, one that gives back some result??

2GeclipseRSJul-15-07 04:48 PM
781 posts,
#1058, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 17

http://www.machv.com/19updoortrim.html

http://www.machv.com/2gfasuwest.html

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-16-07 12:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1059, "RE: Pics of my car"
In response to Reply # 18
Jul-16-07 01:01 PM by DarkOne

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
http://www.machv.com/19updoortrim.html

Sweeeeeet. I need some of those...

A google search showed a DSMsource thread from 2004 stating these were SPORD, but only $23/ea from the dealer.

http://www.2gnt.com/pnc.php?op=display&pnc=71145R

There's the part number. Fuck I love CAPS.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1040 Previous topic | Next topic