Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #44266
View in linear mode

Subject: "ZEXX system" Previous topic | Next topic
sharkdog1987Feb-17-01 11:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44266, "ZEXX system"

PARTY ON DUDES!!! I was checkin it out looks good. Pro's and con's anybody ?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ZEXX system, TeamStan2gnt, Feb-18-01 03:09 AM, #1
RE: ZEXX system, sharkdog1987, Feb-18-01 12:09 PM, #2
      RE: ZEXX system, TeamStan2gnt, Feb-19-01 12:08 AM, #3
      RE: ZEXX system, Ryan_RS, Feb-19-01 11:55 AM, #4
           RE: ZEXX system, TeamStan2gnt, Feb-20-01 01:52 AM, #5
                RE: ZEXX system, trickedeclipse, Feb-21-01 01:08 AM, #6
                     RE: ZEXX system, DSMRoadster, Feb-22-01 01:14 PM, #7
                          RE: ZEXX system, TeamStan2gnt, Feb-23-01 12:53 AM, #8
                               RE: ZEXX system, sharkdog1987, Feb-24-01 02:00 AM, #9

TeamStan2gntFeb-18-01 03:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44267, "RE: ZEXX system"
In response to Reply # 0

The cons: It wont work with any 96up cars. It might not work with 95 cars depending on the voltage the TPS sends out. The solinoid ect are all in a encapsulated box. Solinoids and parts wear and require rebuiling and/or replacement. Nothing you can do if a zex goes bad except buy another one. Despite there adds about (your of while there looking for the switch) thats complete nonsense. You activate an interior switch, then at WOT the nitrous kicks in. It works like that on EVERY kit unless you modify it not too (like with a push button). So they use a TPS switch instead of a mechanical switch. No advantage at all except the install is electrical instead of mechanical if you think thats an advantage (its only an advantage if your comfortable with splicing factory sensors). Well I think I've done enough to steer you in another direction. If its a 95 any kit from NOS or Nitrous Express will work. If its a 96up any wet kit will work but the majority who use wet kits use Nitrous Express (not the majority here but the majority of late model imports running wet). Nitrous works or any of the wet kits will do.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

sharkdog1987Feb-18-01 12:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
#44268, "RE: ZEXX system"
In response to Reply # 1

PARTY ON DUDES!!! I wasn't sure about differences wet vs. dry. how long u been using it? engine problems? All i ever hear is ur gonna have problems. btw u going to the races on the 25th? nice sub box i have the same setup.

TeamStan2gntFeb-19-01 12:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#44269, "RE: ZEXX system"
In response to Reply # 2

LAST EDITED ON 19-Feb-01 AT 05:11 AM (PST)

Wet sprays fuel and nitrous from the nozzle. Dry sprays just nitrous from the nozzle and jacks up fuel pressure to allow the injectors to add the additional fuel. I've been using since 97. I've had engine problems but none of the problems associated with broken rings and pistons like the turbo guys. I've spun a bearing but you dont need any power adders to do that with our engines. Thats the only bottom end damage I've ever had. I damaged a valve seat sucking in debri with a broken filter/ice-man too. I want to go but I can afford to spend ANY additional moeny not related to turbo so I'm gonna have to pass. No way I can drive to MD without going out and spending too much $$. Plus I'd hate to go out and mess my engine up right before I plan to install a turbo. I haven't even used nitrous all since january.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com

Yes I still own a 2gnt.
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Ryan_HesFeb-19-01 11:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#44270, "RE: ZEXX system"
In response to Reply # 2

Do you need to say "PARTY ON DUDES!!!" before very post? That has bugged me for a long time, just wanted to say something.

Ryan
Ryeguy2002@Hotmail.com
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

http://www.monkeygods.com/Ryan
(Fast connection suggested)

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

TeamStan2gntFeb-20-01 01:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#44271, "RE: ZEXX system"
In response to Reply # 4

hehe. I always picture "white guy" the character Martin Lawrence played on The Martin Lawrence show that would be at all of Gina's business parties. He would say the same thing all the time too.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com

Yes I still own a 2gnt.
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

trickedeclipseFeb-21-01 01:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
#44272, "RE: ZEXX system"
In response to Reply # 5

haha, reminds me of wayne's world.

1996 Talon Esi - Eclipse rear end

-PJ
'96 ESI-NOS Talon / '02 Subaru WRX

"Making Dreams Reality"

DSMRoadsterFeb-22-01 01:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#44273, "RE: ZEXX system"
In response to Reply # 6

Yeah Stan I was wondering, where did you get that custom box?

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

TeamStan2gntFeb-23-01 12:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#44274, "RE: ZEXX system"
In response to Reply # 7

Its just a JL Audio stealth box. The dust cap blew off the woofer so you cant tell what kind it is.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com

Yes I still own a 2gnt.
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

sharkdog1987Feb-24-01 02:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
#44275, "RE: ZEXX system"
In response to Reply # 8

PARTY ON DUDES!!! U guys ever seen Fast Times AT Ridgemont High? That's the reason for Party on dudes, Everybody calls me Spicoli or surfer dude,long haired ,jet skier and anybody that talks to me says i sound like i'm from California,whatever that means.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #44266 Previous topic | Next topic