Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #112
View in linear mode

Subject: "Recommended safe boost on stock internals" Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiDec-01-00 06:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112, "Recommended safe boost on stock internals"

What would be recommended safe boost PSI with stock internals? I'm going to be running STAR STAGE 2 with adjustable FMU...

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals, TeamJeff_99gs, Dec-01-00 06:57 AM, #1
Me too!, Lee, Dec-01-00 07:18 AM, #2
      im going to be boost'n 7psi, Locke, Dec-01-00 07:37 AM, #3
RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals, Jason 95 GS Turbo, Dec-01-00 10:40 AM, #4
RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals, Skrilla, Dec-02-00 01:45 PM, #5
      RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals, SaberKhan, Dec-02-00 08:20 PM, #6
           RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals, TeamWyatt, Dec-03-00 06:18 AM, #7

TeamJeff_99gsDec-01-00 06:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113, "RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals"
In response to Reply # 0

I personally wouldn't go over 8lbs on stock internals with a stage 2. That may be a tad conservative, but I don't feel like dishing out another 2-3 thousand or so to fix a blown engine. (Of course I don't have a turbo yet, but if I did, it wouldn't see over 8 lbs):)

Jeff

http://gs.dsmpower.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LeeDec-01-00 07:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#114, "Me too!"
In response to Reply # 1

And I have a HRC Stage II that's waiting to be installed and once it does I won't be over 8lbs either. At least not until I upgrade my internals.

Lee

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!

LockeDec-01-00 07:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#115, "im going to be boost'n 7psi"
In response to Reply # 2

just for saftey precautions..coz if my internals go.. im out of a car for a year lol.

You'll going to be seeing alot of that when you start racing me LoL

Jason 95 GS TurboDec-01-00 10:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
#116, "RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals"
In response to Reply # 0

I wouldn't worry as much about the internals being stock...ours should be good for up to about 12-14 lbs. of boost. What you need to worry about more is your fuel system. Our injectors can't flow enough for more than 10 Lbs. and i think that is even pushing it...so yeah, 8 is where i feel safe with mine being.

jason
95 GS turbo

SkrillaDec-02-00 01:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#117, "RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals"
In response to Reply # 4

Ditto That! The Star Stage 2 was designed for 10psi all day long

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

SaberKhanDec-02-00 08:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#118, "RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals"
In response to Reply # 5

You know, seeing how the ECU can control up to 310cc injectors, if someone just wanted a little more than the standard 8psi they could swap in a set of 310cc and run 12psi. I believe it would be safe as long as the a/f stayed constant and didnt lean out. Watch those gauges!

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

TeamWyattDec-03-00 06:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#119, "RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals"
In response to Reply # 6

I would have to say for all people out there, unless you are able to monitor your EGT and/or Air/Fuel ratio, I would keep it at a safe 8psi (Intercooled). It never hurts to be on the safe side
Once you are confortable with your setup, and are sure your getting enough fuel (EGT and O2 readings) You can probably start playng aorund a little bit.
No tow motors are the same, the only thing you can make sure of is that your getting anough fuel. And EGT and/or Air/fuel gauge is the only real way for you to know your getting enough fuel!

Aside from that, I haven't heard of anyone running 310cc injectors on a stock bottom end and running 12psi. 13-14 psi mgiht even be possible as long as detonation could be controlled
(J & S Safeguard Knock Sensor)
I don't see a problem doing it, I think it would be a viable solution for boost hungry people who are not ready to build te bottom end yet.

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #112 Previous topic | Next topic