Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectRecommended safe boost on stock internals
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=112
112, Recommended safe boost on stock internals
Posted by 95ESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What would be recommended safe boost PSI with stock internals? I'm going to be running STAR STAGE 2 with adjustable FMU...

l e o n

113, RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I personally wouldn't go over 8lbs on stock internals with a stage 2. That may be a tad conservative, but I don't feel like dishing out another 2-3 thousand or so to fix a blown engine. (Of course I don't have a turbo yet, but if I did, it wouldn't see over 8 lbs):)

Jeff

http://gs.dsmpower.com

114, Me too!
Posted by Lee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
And I have a HRC Stage II that's waiting to be installed and once it does I won't be over 8lbs either. At least not until I upgrade my internals.

Lee

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!
115, im going to be boost'n 7psi
Posted by Locke, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
just for saftey precautions..coz if my internals go.. im out of a car for a year lol.

You'll going to be seeing alot of that when you start racing me LoL
116, RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals
Posted by Jason 95 GS Turbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I wouldn't worry as much about the internals being stock...ours should be good for up to about 12-14 lbs. of boost. What you need to worry about more is your fuel system. Our injectors can't flow enough for more than 10 Lbs. and i think that is even pushing it...so yeah, 8 is where i feel safe with mine being.

jason
95 GS turbo
117, RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ditto That! The Star Stage 2 was designed for 10psi all day long

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"
118, RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals
Posted by SaberKhan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You know, seeing how the ECU can control up to 310cc injectors, if someone just wanted a little more than the standard 8psi they could swap in a set of 310cc and run 12psi. I believe it would be safe as long as the a/f stayed constant and didnt lean out. Watch those gauges!
119, RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals
Posted by Wyatt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would have to say for all people out there, unless you are able to monitor your EGT and/or Air/Fuel ratio, I would keep it at a safe 8psi (Intercooled). It never hurts to be on the safe side :)
Once you are confortable with your setup, and are sure your getting enough fuel (EGT and O2 readings) You can probably start playng aorund a little bit.
No tow motors are the same, the only thing you can make sure of is that your getting anough fuel. And EGT and/or Air/fuel gauge is the only real way for you to know your getting enough fuel!

Aside from that, I haven't heard of anyone running 310cc injectors on a stock bottom end and running 12psi. 13-14 psi mgiht even be possible as long as detonation could be controlled
(J & S Safeguard Knock Sensor)
I don't see a problem doing it, I think it would be a viable solution for boost hungry people who are not ready to build te bottom end yet.

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

I generated this page in 0.010612010955811 seconds, executing 7 queries.