Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109212
View in linear mode

Subject: "what sized turbo to get" Previous topic | Next topic
TurbchargdSpydrMar-26-12 03:32 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109212, "what sized turbo to get"

So, im going with the sfmu setup and the 32lb injectors and I was wondering what sized turbo to run? After some time using the search, I realized that people who were running the sfmu with 32lb injectors (10psi boost) were pretty much using the s16g or some other turbo from the star kit..As of right now I have a 60-1 sized turbo just taking up space in my engine bay. I know it's way to big to run 10psi on such small injectors. I've read that people were making somewhere from 200-300 hp using this setup, and thats basically where I would like to be. I know with the sfmu, the max sized injectors you can run is 440 and even that is pushing it. I would basically like to max out the setup for a sfmu w/o the apexi s-afc... I was originally thinking 32lb injectors were ideal but if someone knows otherwise, please share...32lb injectors kept the idle fp at around 20psi, and under 10psi of boost , the fp was around 90psi...Anyway I would just get the s16g however I have a different downpipe, its the 5 bolt flanged one and I really dont want to have a downpipe made all over again! so im looking for a t3/t4 hybrid turbo with similar specs to the s16g turbo. Thanks for any help!!

Last of a dying breed...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: what sized turbo to get, Babbz413, Mar-26-12 03:56 PM, #1
RE: what sized turbo to get, TurbchargdSpydr, Mar-26-12 08:48 PM, #2
      RE: what sized turbo to get, Slo2g, Mar-26-12 09:05 PM, #3
           RE: what sized turbo to get, TurbchargdSpydr, Mar-27-12 06:09 AM, #4
                RE: what sized turbo to get, Moderatorxcasbonx, Mar-27-12 08:18 AM, #5
                     RE: what sized turbo to get, TurbchargdSpydr, Mar-27-12 01:35 PM, #6
                          RE: what sized turbo to get, Moderatorxcasbonx, Mar-27-12 01:49 PM, #7
                               RE: what sized turbo to get, TurbchargdSpydr, Mar-27-12 02:12 PM, #8
                                    RE: what sized turbo to get, Moderatorxcasbonx, Mar-27-12 02:28 PM, #9
                                         RE: what sized turbo to get, TurbchargdSpydr, Mar-27-12 02:30 PM, #10
                                              RE: what sized turbo to get, SilvrEclips, Mar-28-12 05:17 AM, #11

Babbz413Mar-26-12 03:56 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109213, "RE: what sized turbo to get"
In response to Reply # 0

This size.

95 GS Boosted

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TurbchargdSpydrMar-26-12 08:48 PM
159 posts,
#109214, "RE: what sized turbo to get"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Babbz413
This size.

I wish there is a car for that big of a turbo lol, but seriously though, any ideas?

- By the way what is that turbo for?

Last of a dying breed...

Slo2gMar-26-12 09:05 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#109215, "RE: what sized turbo to get"
In response to Reply # 2

Seems like you answered you own question, a 16g would be nice, however I would honestly go no smaller than a S20g on anything I own. The lag is NOT as bad as people make it out to be.

TurbchargdSpydrMar-27-12 06:09 AM
159 posts,
#109216, "RE: what sized turbo to get"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Slo2g
Seems like you answered you own question, a 16g would be nice, however I would honestly go no smaller than a S20g on anything I own. The lag is NOT as bad as people make it out to be.

I guess I just needed to verify if I could run either turbo at 10psi with a 32lb injector sfmu setup? But I can't find any information on either Turbo so I can find a similar one with a 5 bolt dp flange!

Last of a dying breed...

ModeratorxcasbonxMar-27-12 08:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#109217, "RE: what sized turbo to get"
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-27-12 01:39 PM by xcasbonx

If you're wanting to run a s16g or 20g, you're going to need to modify your downpipe (which I know you don't want to do) but those turbos come with a 3-bolt discharge. I don't think I've ever seen one with a 5-bolt flange.

I contributed to the Wiki.

TurbchargdSpydrMar-27-12 01:35 PM
159 posts,
#109218, "RE: what sized turbo to get"
In response to Reply # 5
Mar-27-12 01:39 PM by xcasbonx

Originally posted by xcasbonx
If you're wanting to run a s16g or 20g, you're going to need to modify your downpipe (which I know you don't want to do) but those turbos come with a 3-bolt discharge. I don't think I've ever seen one with a 5-bolt flange.

I guess if it comes down to it but I'm trying to avoid getting a new do made because its not cheap around where I live, so what sized Turbo would be equal or similar to the s16g? For example a 50 trim? Like I said I couldn't find any info on the s16g as far as compressor size and what not!

Last of a dying breed...

ModeratorxcasbonxMar-27-12 01:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#109219, "RE: what sized turbo to get"
In response to Reply # 6

Here's some basic specs on the s16g. By all means I think it would suit what you're looking for. If you could find a deal on a cheap 50 trim as well you could go that route. Either one could get you to the 300hp mark with the proper tuning.

http://www.turbosystem.com/auto/Super%2016G%20Universal.htm

TurbchargdSpydrMar-27-12 02:12 PM
159 posts,
#109220, "RE: what sized turbo to get"
In response to Reply # 7

Here's some basic specs on the s16g. By all means I think it would suit what you're looking for. If you could find a deal on a cheap 50 trim as well you could go that route. Either one could get you to the 300hp mark with the proper tuning. http://www.turbosystem.com/auto/Super%2016G%20Universal.htm

Yea I checked that site, I wish they would have given more info on the turbo but they don't...Thanks a lot though. Im not really concerned with making the 300hp mark, im more concerned with finding a 5 bolt flanged turbo that will run with the setup I have which is the 30lb injectors and the sfmu @ 10 psi!

Last of a dying breed...

ModeratorxcasbonxMar-27-12 02:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#109221, "RE: what sized turbo to get"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by TurbchargdSpydr
more concerned with finding a 5 bolt flanged turbo that will run with the setup I have which is the 30lb injectors and the sfmu @ 10 psi!

Look for a Turbonetics T3 50 trim (.48 A/R) with 5 bolt discharge. That sounds more like right up your alley.

TurbchargdSpydrMar-27-12 02:30 PM
159 posts,
#109222, "RE: what sized turbo to get"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by TurbchargdSpydr more concerned with finding a 5 bolt flanged turbo that will run with the setup I have which is the 30lb injectors and the sfmu @ 10 psi!
Look for a Turbonetics T3 50 trim (.48 A/R) with 5 bolt discharge. That sounds more like right up your alley.

Great thanks a lot man!

Last of a dying breed...

SilvrEclipsMar-28-12 05:17 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#109223, "RE: what sized turbo to get"
In response to Reply # 10

I know a guy that would be willing to sell his rebuilt turbonetics 60 trim I think it is. Not sure on the 5 bolt flange I would have to check.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109212 Previous topic | Next topic