Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108793
View in linear mode

Subject: "Is my turbo timer harness missing something?" Previous topic | Next topic
ezJul-06-11 10:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108793, "Is my turbo timer harness missing something?"

So I finally got around to installing this, and I can't find anything that this connects to. I remember it connected to the bottom left of the steering oolumn. Spent 20 minutes under there yesterday, couldn't find the spot. I'm wondering if I misplaced a "Y" connector

For those with good eyes, this is what I have now:

Does the connector on the upper left side of the picture connect directly to the ignition? Because I thought that WAS the harness. Or maybe this was just another "in-between" wire that connected the timer to the real harness.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-07-11 07:02 AM, #1
RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?, ez, Jul-07-11 09:56 AM, #2
      RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?, xiDsmmanix, Jul-23-11 09:27 PM, #3
           RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?, jamesman, Sep-02-11 02:30 PM, #4
                RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-02-11 10:37 PM, #5
                RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?, ez, Sep-12-11 12:28 AM, #6
                     RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?, jamesman, Sep-12-11 01:02 AM, #7

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-07-11 07:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108794, "RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-07-11 07:02 AM by DarkOne

Originally posted by ez
So I finally got around to installing this, and I can't find anything that this connects to. I remember it connected to the bottom left of the steering oolumn. Spent 20 minutes under there yesterday, couldn't find the spot. I'm wondering if I misplaced a "Y" connector For those with good eyes, this is what I have now: http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/ez1_03/Eclipse%20misc/HPIM0543.jp g Does the connector on the upper left side of the picture connect directly to the ignition? Because I thought that WAS the harness. Or maybe this was just another "in-between" wire that connected the timer to the real harness.

I don't see an installation harness.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ezJul-07-11 09:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#108795, "RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?"
In response to Reply # 1

Well that answers it, I must have lost the part.

xiDsmmanixJul-23-11 09:27 PM
Member since May 10th 2010
39 posts,
#108836, "RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?"
In response to Reply # 2

Do you have the manual? If so, make sure you get the correct installation harness.

jamesmanSep-02-11 02:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#108936, "RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?"
In response to Reply # 3

Hey Erik,

You are missing the actual adapter harness that splices into the ignition line. Just get one for the gst it will work the same. Its plug and play. Did you leave the original in the white car?

Lates Homes.

james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-02-11 10:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#108937, "RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by jamesman
stuff

HEY buddy! Where have you been?!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ezSep-12-11 12:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#108949, "RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by jamesman
Did you leave the original in the white car?

Guilty as charged Thanks for the help! I thought that we'd only find you in the honda ruckus forums now, hehe.

jamesmanSep-12-11 01:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#108950, "RE: Is my turbo timer harness missing something?"
In response to Reply # 6

Hehe yup in The Ruckus and subaru forums. Wassup dudes

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108793 Previous topic | Next topic