Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103049
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My build" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Previous topic | Next topic
98_talonMar-03-09 08:01 PM
Member since Mar 04th 2009
41 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103049, "My build"
Mar-03-09 08:01 PM by 98_talon

heres my build

well heres the for this winter
1.remove engine and fix timing and clean it up a bit more
2.while engines out remove power steering,relocate battery,ECUand fuse box
3.shave everthing i dont need in the engine bay and clean it up sand and paint
4. make custom steering loop and breather so steering works as a manual steering rack and does not get water and dirt in there
5.once engine is reinstalled tuck wires and hope it runs again
6.some fiberglass work
7.remove airbags
8.install new steering wheel and quick release
9.relocate washer tank and coolent resvoir

well so far i got the engine hauled out the fuse box hauled out .ecu hauled out.The dash hauled out ,power steering removed and made the custom loop hose and breather, now just to find a spot to locate the fuse box around the dash and then lengthen every single wire that goes to it.then locate the ecu under the dash and lengthen every wire for that.
pictures are not in oreder this time next time they will be

marking every wire we had to cut so we would not make a mistake putting back togather

loop and breather just have the get a longer hose to go to the breather

well got a lil more done not much

well heres the progress so far, will start sanding the engine bay and welding up bolt holes and shaving everthing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
FunkDoctaApr-21-09 03:06 PM
Member since Apr 09th 2009
37 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103330, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 40

Its looking real good wish I knew how to mess around with wires like that. Cant wait to see it finished, I might use this as a how to guide when messing around with the interior.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTApr-21-09 05:31 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#103332, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 38

That fiberglass cover looks nice.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

daes_vengeApr-22-09 06:04 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#103339, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 42

What kind of fenders are those? For some odd reason....I like em.

98_talonApr-22-09 07:42 PM
41 posts,
#103357, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 43

there are D1 fendors got them from www.driftnamiperformance.com

98_talonApr-23-09 05:50 PM
41 posts,
#103369, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 44

well more work done

On the fiberglass peice on the passenger side will be 2 caps for the cooloant overflow and the windsheild washer tank and the one on the drivers will have some companies painted on it

eclipse982nrRSTApr-24-09 08:50 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#103375, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 45

I like the idea and look of the fiberglass cover for the firewall, however, I think your getting out of hand with all the 'covers' on the driver and passenger side IMO. I just think its going to look more like a Mercedes bay then a 2g.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

HedgeApr-24-09 06:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#103377, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 46

thats looking great so far. how meny hours do you have into the car so far?

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

RoninEclipse2GApr-27-09 04:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103390, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 47

Originally posted by Hedge
thats looking great so far. how meny hours do you have into the car so far?

you know full well that he doesn't have enough fingers and toes to count that high.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

98_talonApr-27-09 08:59 PM
41 posts,
#103392, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 48

way to much hours its off the road every winter the winters go from nov to april

dalesmitsuApr-27-09 09:41 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#103393, "RE: My build"
In response to Reply # 45

Originally posted by 98_talon
well more work done On the fiberglass peice on the passenger side will be 2 caps for the cooloant overflow and the windsheild washer tank and the one on the drivers will have some companies painted on it

Isnt Fiber flammable ?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #103049 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Previous topic | Next topic