Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #95376
View in linear mode

Subject: "The widebody is just about finished...PICS." Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTJul-02-06 03:19 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95376, "The widebody is just about finished...PICS."

Well, I ended up clearing the car one more time after-all for a super high glossin shine! I first threw down a coat of clear with some silver flake mixed with it, then 2 more coats with some blue in it, then 2 more coats of regular straight clear. WOW does it shine now and it hasnt even been wetsanded or buffed yet. Came out perfect! I will get the doors, hatch, and front bumper back on on Tuesday since I am off work, but wait til you guys see it at the SO! I like it alot better too cuz it made it a bit darker, and thats what I wanted. It looks nice when its not sunny out either cuz you cant really see any flake but then when some light hits it, its like WHOA! I know most of you wont like it cuz of how much flake is in it, but I am kinda old school like that, and I like stuff like that, however I welcome your comments/opinions, and I shall have complete pics of it done on tuesday It is a little dusty too cuz its been sitting in my garage for about 4 days now while I have been sanding my new interior, ya ya, dont worry, the clear is fully cured so the dust wont stick to it!

P.S. notice there are no more flames on the hood either

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., boosted60trimrst, Jul-02-06 03:25 PM, #1
RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., R34Eclipse, Jul-02-06 03:26 PM, #2
      RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., eclipse982nrRST, Jul-02-06 03:33 PM, #3
           RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., optikal, Jul-02-06 03:50 PM, #4
                RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., Moderatorcs82685, Jul-02-06 04:16 PM, #5
                     RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., dsmmyth, Jul-02-06 04:20 PM, #6
                          RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., 420a-Tnthewerks, Jul-02-06 04:30 PM, #7
                               RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., BDTalon, Jul-02-06 07:39 PM, #8
                                    RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., eclipse982nrRST, Jul-03-06 01:05 AM, #9
                                         RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., BurntRed22, Jul-03-06 03:21 AM, #10
                                              RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., BDTalon, Jul-03-06 04:52 AM, #11
                                                   RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., DanKid, Jul-03-06 05:03 AM, #12
                                                        RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., eclipse982nrRST, Jul-03-06 07:16 AM, #13
                                                             RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-03-06 08:07 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., BDTalon, Jul-03-06 11:26 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., BurntRed22, Jul-03-06 03:15 PM, #16
                                                                            RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., eclipse982nrRST, Jul-03-06 03:31 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., BurntRed22, Jul-03-06 03:38 PM, #18
                                                                                 RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., goalie40, Jul-03-06 03:43 PM, #19
                                                                                      RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., Aggression, Jul-03-06 04:57 PM, #20
                                                                                           RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., optikal, Jul-03-06 05:10 PM, #21
                                                                                                RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., eclipse982nrRST, Jul-04-06 03:21 AM, #22
                                                                                                     RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., CustomGS, Jul-05-06 07:59 AM, #23
                                                                                                     RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., Blizare, Jul-06-06 06:29 AM, #24
                                                                                                          RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., xTheGame77x, Jul-06-06 08:02 AM, #25
                                                                                                     RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., optikal, Jul-06-06 09:12 AM, #26
                                                                                                          RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., eclipse982nrRST, Jul-06-06 11:45 AM, #27
                                                                                                               RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., optikal, Jul-06-06 03:30 PM, #28
                                                                                                                    RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., eclipse982nrRST, Jul-07-06 12:29 AM, #29
                                                                                                                         RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., VOTBLINDUB, Jul-17-06 04:24 PM, #30
                                                                                                                              RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., BumpinTalon, Jul-17-06 04:55 PM, #31
                                                                                                                                   RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., j_t3mp, Jul-19-06 10:27 PM, #32
                                                                                                                                        RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., dsmmyth, Jul-20-06 05:41 AM, #33
                                                                                                                                             RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., eclipse982nrRST, Jul-20-06 09:47 AM, #34
                                                                                                                                             RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., Blizare, Jul-20-06 10:02 AM, #35
                                                                                                                                             RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., dsmmyth, Jul-20-06 01:05 PM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., drhess06259, Jul-20-06 04:17 PM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., R34Eclipse, Jul-20-06 04:18 PM, #38
                                                                                                                                             RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., eclipse982nrRST, Jul-21-06 03:58 AM, #39
                                                                                                                                             RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS., TaloN2.0, Jul-21-06 06:20 AM, #40

boosted60trimrstJul-02-06 03:25 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95377, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 0

looks like a real nice job . you think u put enough flakes in it tho . lol .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

R34EclipseJul-02-06 03:26 PM
Member since Oct 01st 2005
706 posts,
#95378, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 1

looks good but is it just the pic or does the roof look kinda flat?

-----------------------------------
97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a - SOLD
2004 - G35 6MT 20" HREs & Tein Flex

eclipse982nrRSTJul-02-06 03:33 PM
6314 posts,
#95379, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by R34Eclipse
looks good but is it just the pic or does the roof look kinda flat?

It looks funny in the pic, its super shiny in person, my camera is a piece of shit keep in mind.

Boosted60, yes I put A TON of flake in it, and for one reason. When you go to a show, how many cars do you see with flake in it like that? NONE, thats why I did it, it will be an eye catcher FOR SURE

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

optikalJul-02-06 03:50 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
1062 posts,
#95380, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 3

eh could use more flake but other than that it's nice.

ha just kidding mike it looks great man. my first paintjob on my eclipse was really flaked as well.

-eric stratton
Kustom Auto Koatings
North East, Md
443-528-8007
http://www.kustomautokoatings.com

Moderatorcs82685Jul-02-06 04:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#95381, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 4

nice mike, that is quite a bit of flake, definetly an eye catcher. I've been waiting to see these since you changed your damn sig and avatar. Oh and now the hood looks much better IMO. I think everyone is still waiting on some track numbers though

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

dsmmythJul-02-06 04:20 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#95382, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 5

Looks like a bigger version of a hot wheels car.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

420a-TnthewerksJul-02-06 04:30 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#95383, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 6

That shade of blue with THAT much flake looks kind of girly. Seriously if I was pulling up to that I would be expecting a chick, probably a hot one, but none the less a girl.

BDTalonJul-02-06 07:39 PM
Member since Jun 08th 2005
153 posts,
#95388, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 7
Jul-02-06 07:40 PM by BDTalon

To be honest, what Thewerks was saying i kinda thought at first.. but i got a feeling it's going to grow on me, i already really like it though mike, the hood looks very nice now, the NSX scoops are a definite upgrade IMO. Now, lets put some doors on that thing and get it to the track!

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
AAHHHHHH it's the Bomex table top and bench deluxe! Get the holy wrench we need to purify..

eclipse982nrRSTJul-03-06 01:05 AM
6314 posts,
#95393, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by BDTalon
To be honest, what Thewerks was saying i kinda thought at first.. but i got a feeling it's going to grow on me, i already really like it though mike, the hood looks very nice now, the NSX scoops are a definite upgrade IMO. Now, lets put some doors on that thing and get it to the track!

Next weekend I will be hitting the track finally. They have a good show going on up at 43 Dustin, You should bring the 2gnt up for a good time...Thanks for the comments guys.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

BurntRed22Jul-03-06 03:21 AM
Member since Jun 06th 2006
183 posts,
#95395, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 9

i think its beautiful, how much money did you spend on clear coat paint chip all that stuff, i know you painted it yourself, im just seeing how much im going to spend when i do it myself, i want a real clean one like that, thanks

BDTalonJul-03-06 04:52 AM
153 posts,
#95397, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 10

What day do you want to go up?

AAHHHHHH it's the Bomex table top and bench deluxe! Get the holy wrench we need to purify..

DanKidJul-03-06 05:03 AM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#95398, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 11

I'm usually not a big fan of flakes but with the blue that you chose, the flakes look really good. I can't wait to see the final pics once you have the whole car put back together.

eclipse982nrRSTJul-03-06 07:16 AM
6314 posts,
#95400, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by DanKid
I'm usually not a big fan of flakes but with the blue that you chose, the flakes look really good. I can't wait to see the final pics once you have the whole car put back together.

Thank You.

Burntred- I used 3 quarts of HOK White Base which are $48 each, then 5 quarts of HOK TruBlue Pearl which are $68 each, then 2 little containers of HOK Royal Blue flake which are $42 each, then a Gallon and a half of UPOL Clear which was $180 for the gallon and $97 for the galf gallon, so you do the math.

Dustin- I am going up to 42 saturday around 4pm and staying to about 1 until the show ends and then coming home and going back sunday for the track. They have test and tune from 10-2 and then eliminations @ 3. Your more than welcome to crash saturday night here and get fucked up, you know how we do, then go back up sunday and you should run your 2gnt, its only $15 to race and $10 for spectating, so might as well spend the extra $5!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-03-06 08:07 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#95401, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 13

Looks good mike. If you want to do something you never see then learn how to make and spray crushed glass. Do some reading on that, it will take you way back to the 70's.

Terry

BDTalonJul-03-06 11:26 AM
153 posts,
#95403, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 14

Well i work till 11pm on saturday, ill give you a call when i get off, and i drive up there. And i should get sunday off if i do, i'll deff go with you then.

BurntRed22Jul-03-06 03:15 PM
183 posts,
#95404, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 15

can you explain the process of what you did for painting, i got quoted about 5000 tod o my paint job, and i cant afford it, i want to do it my self i think

eclipse982nrRSTJul-03-06 03:31 PM
6314 posts,
#95405, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by BurntRed22
can you explain the process of what you did for painting, i got quoted about 5000 tod o my paint job, and i cant afford it, i want to do it my self i think

No you dont. I would not recommend painting a car for your first time ever painting. Its A HUGE step to take on. You need to pratcice on smaller shit like fenders and stuff with curves so you can learn how to not run the paint/clear.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

BurntRed22Jul-03-06 03:38 PM
183 posts,
#95406, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 17

no im not gonna do it just yet, i am planning on practicing

goalie40Jul-03-06 03:43 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#95407, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 17

do your own prep work that would knock about 1500 off the price just have them do a once over to check your work and fix any mistakes

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

AggressionJul-03-06 04:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#95409, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 19

Looking good Mike! Have to hand it to you...I am very impressed!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

optikalJul-03-06 05:10 PM
1062 posts,
#95412, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 20

wish you were closer so i could hire you haha

-eric stratton
Kustom Auto Koatings
North East, Md
443-528-8007

eclipse982nrRSTJul-04-06 03:21 AM
6314 posts,
#95418, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by optikal
wish you were closer so i could hire you haha

I am willing to move, how much you gonna pay me?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

CustomGSJul-05-06 07:59 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95431, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 22

Better then the green!.. Good job mike! I think you should get some dark rims with a big polished lip.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

BlizareJul-06-06 06:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#95441, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 23

tsk tsk

You and your show car

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

xTheGame77xJul-06-06 08:02 AM
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
113 posts,
#95443, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 24

show cars are often the ones who get the most attention from the ladies

97 Eclipse Spyder GST

optikalJul-06-06 09:12 AM
1062 posts,
#95444, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by optikal wish you were closer so i could hire you haha

i was halfway joking, i'm really not busy enough to justify another employee just yet but who knows. i have a scion tc in right now doing a widebody on it, it would be nice to have someone like you who knows what they are doing to help out with shit like that. cost of living here is bullshit anyway you don't want to move here haha.

-eric stratton
Kustom Auto Koatings
North East, Md
443-528-8007

eclipse982nrRSTJul-06-06 11:45 AM
6314 posts,
#95449, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 26

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by optikal wish you were closer so i could hire you haha
i was halfway joking, i'm really not busy enough to justify another employee just yet but who knows. i have a scion tc in right now doing a widebody on it, it would be nice to have someone like you who knows what they are doing to help out with shit like that. cost of living here is bullshit anyway you don't want to move here haha.

I was kidding too, lol.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

optikalJul-06-06 03:30 PM
1062 posts,
#95453, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 27

oh that's too bad cause i was thinking something like 28 an hour.

-eric stratton
Kustom Auto Koatings
North East, Md
443-528-8007

eclipse982nrRSTJul-07-06 12:29 AM
6314 posts,
#95455, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 28

oh that's too bad cause i was thinking something like 28 an hour.

lol, Im at 22 now

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

VOTBLINDUBJul-17-06 04:24 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#95700, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 29

damn thats a lotta flakes, reminds me of snow at night

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

BumpinTalonJul-17-06 04:55 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#95701, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 30

whoa that is the first decent pics I have ever seen you take of anything

NOW

use that camera on your engine! and I really want to see the car with doors on it, too.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

j_t3mpJul-19-06 10:27 PM
Member since Apr 02nd 2006
25 posts,
#95760, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 31

you did some hella good molding on this car i used to allways get told my car looks like a bass boat cause the flake mines black/blue flake really like it keep up the good work might ask you some painting technics some time soon im going to redo my car if you had to choose another color what would it be ??

dsmmythJul-20-06 05:41 AM
1178 posts,
#95761, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 32

I was just thinking Mike, if you had a carbon fiber hatch, that would really set it off.

1998 Eclipse GS

Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

eclipse982nrRSTJul-20-06 09:47 AM
6314 posts,
#95762, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 33

Originally posted by dsmmyth
I was just thinking Mike, if you had a carbon fiber hatch, that would really set it off.

Thought about it...

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

BlizareJul-20-06 10:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#95763, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 34
Jul-20-06 10:03 AM by Blizare

Yea it would be your car be not so, "bling-tastic"

EDIT: So you've gotta have one of those 40K eclipses that will sell for 14K now , right

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

dsmmythJul-20-06 01:05 PM
1178 posts,
#95764, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 35

You should defintely consider it. That way, you won't have to worry about new holes for your spoiler, and wingless definitely will look good on that car.

1998 Eclipse GS

drhess06259Jul-20-06 04:17 PM
Member since Apr 08th 2006
133 posts,
#95768, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 36

that would be nice.

97 wide body with 1g turbo setup

R34EclipseJul-20-06 04:18 PM
Member since Oct 01st 2005
706 posts,
#95770, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 37

i believe he said he still had holes in the trunk from the other wing? not sure i may have misunderstood.

97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a - SOLD
2004 - G35 6MT 20" HREs & Tein Flex

eclipse982nrRSTJul-21-06 03:58 AM
6314 posts,
#95773, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 38

Originally posted by R34Eclipse
i believe he said he still had holes in the trunk from the other wing? not sure i may have misunderstood.

Yes I do. My turbo wing comes tuesday so I will paint it and slap it on and see what it looks like. I will also have completely finished pics of the exterior tuesday as well FINALLY

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

TaloN2.0Jul-21-06 06:20 AM
Member since Jul 20th 2006
17 posts,
#95781, "RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS."
In response to Reply # 39

looks good man, paint is one of a kind for sure, little much flake but it looks great.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #95376 Previous topic | Next topic