Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectThe widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=95376
95376, The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, I ended up clearing the car one more time after-all for a super high glossin shine! I first threw down a coat of clear with some silver flake mixed with it, then 2 more coats with some blue in it, then 2 more coats of regular straight clear. WOW does it shine now and it hasnt even been wetsanded or buffed yet. Came out perfect! I will get the doors, hatch, and front bumper back on on Tuesday since I am off work, but wait til you guys see it at the SO! I like it alot better too cuz it made it a bit darker, and thats what I wanted. It looks nice when its not sunny out either cuz you cant really see any flake but then when some light hits it, its like WHOA! I know most of you wont like it cuz of how much flake is in it, but I am kinda old school like that, and I like stuff like that, however I welcome your comments/opinions, and I shall have complete pics of it done on tuesday :) It is a little dusty too cuz its been sitting in my garage for about 4 days now while I have been sanding my new interior, ya ya, dont worry, the clear is fully cured so the dust wont stick to it!

P.S. notice there are no more flames on the hood either :)

95377, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by boosted60trimrst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks like a real nice job . you think u put enough flakes in it tho . lol .
95378, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by R34Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks good but is it just the pic or does the roof look kinda flat?
95379, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Originally posted by R34Eclipse
looks good but is it just the pic or does the roof look kinda flat?

It looks funny in the pic, its super shiny in person, my camera is a piece of shit keep in mind.

Boosted60, yes I put A TON of flake in it, and for one reason. When you go to a show, how many cars do you see with flake in it like that? NONE, thats why I did it, it will be an eye catcher FOR SURE :)
95380, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by optikal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
eh could use more flake but other than that it's nice.

ha just kidding mike it looks great man. my first paintjob on my eclipse was really flaked as well.
95381, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice mike, that is quite a bit of flake, definetly an eye catcher. I've been waiting to see these since you changed your damn sig and avatar. Oh and now the hood looks much better IMO. I think everyone is still waiting on some track numbers though
95382, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks like a bigger version of a hot wheels car. :thumbsup
95383, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That shade of blue with THAT much flake looks kind of girly. Seriously if I was pulling up to that I would be expecting a chick, probably a hot one, but none the less a girl.
95388, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by BDTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
To be honest, what Thewerks was saying i kinda thought at first.. but i got a feeling it's going to grow on me, i already really like it though mike, the hood looks very nice now, the NSX scoops are a definite upgrade IMO. Now, lets put some doors on that thing and get it to the track!
95393, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Originally posted by BDTalon
To be honest, what Thewerks was saying i kinda thought at first.. but i got a feeling it's going to grow on me, i already really like it though mike, the hood looks very nice now, the NSX scoops are a definite upgrade IMO. Now, lets put some doors on that thing and get it to the track!

Next weekend I will be hitting the track finally. They have a good show going on up at 43 Dustin, You should bring the 2gnt up for a good time...Thanks for the comments guys.
95395, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by BurntRed22, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i think its beautiful, how much money did you spend on clear coat paint chip all that stuff, i know you painted it yourself, im just seeing how much im going to spend when i do it myself, i want a real clean one like that, thanks
95397, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
What day do you want to go up?
95398, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by DanKid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm usually not a big fan of flakes but with the blue that you chose, the flakes look really good. I can't wait to see the final pics once you have the whole car put back together.
95400, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Originally posted by DanKid
I'm usually not a big fan of flakes but with the blue that you chose, the flakes look really good. I can't wait to see the final pics once you have the whole car put back together.

Thank You.

Burntred- I used 3 quarts of HOK White Base which are $48 each, then 5 quarts of HOK TruBlue Pearl which are $68 each, then 2 little containers of HOK Royal Blue flake which are $42 each, then a Gallon and a half of UPOL Clear which was $180 for the gallon and $97 for the galf gallon, so you do the math.

Dustin- I am going up to 42 saturday around 4pm and staying to about 1 until the show ends and then coming home and going back sunday for the track. They have test and tune from 10-2 and then eliminations @ 3. Your more than welcome to crash saturday night here and get fucked up, you know how we do, then go back up sunday and you should run your 2gnt, its only $15 to race and $10 for spectating, so might as well spend the extra $5!
95401, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks good mike. If you want to do something you never see then learn how to make and spray crushed glass. Do some reading on that, it will take you way back to the 70's.

Terry
95403, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Well i work till 11pm on saturday, ill give you a call when i get off, and i drive up there. And i should get sunday off if i do, i'll deff go with you then.
95404, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
can you explain the process of what you did for painting, i got quoted about 5000 tod o my paint job, and i cant afford it, i want to do it my self i think
95405, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Originally posted by BurntRed22
can you explain the process of what you did for painting, i got quoted about 5000 tod o my paint job, and i cant afford it, i want to do it my self i think

No you dont. I would not recommend painting a car for your first time ever painting. Its A HUGE step to take on. You need to pratcice on smaller shit like fenders and stuff with curves so you can learn how to not run the paint/clear.
95406, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
no im not gonna do it just yet, i am planning on practicing
95407, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by goalie40, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
do your own prep work that would knock about 1500 off the price just have them do a once over to check your work and fix any mistakes
95409, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by Aggression, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looking good Mike! Have to hand it to you...I am very impressed!
95412, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
wish you were closer so i could hire you haha
95418, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Originally posted by optikal
wish you were closer so i could hire you haha

I am willing to move, how much you gonna pay me?
95431, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by CustomGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Better then the green!.. Good job mike! I think you should get some dark rims with a big polished lip.
95441, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
tsk tsk :wary

You and your show car ;)
95443, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by xTheGame77x, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
show cars are often the ones who get the most attention from the ladies :P
95444, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by optikal wish you were closer so i could hire you haha

i was halfway joking, i'm really not busy enough to justify another employee just yet but who knows. i have a scion tc in right now doing a widebody on it, it would be nice to have someone like you who knows what they are doing to help out with shit like that. cost of living here is bullshit anyway you don't want to move here haha.
95449, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by optikal wish you were closer so i could hire you haha
i was halfway joking, i'm really not busy enough to justify another employee just yet but who knows. i have a scion tc in right now doing a widebody on it, it would be nice to have someone like you who knows what they are doing to help out with shit like that. cost of living here is bullshit anyway you don't want to move here haha.

I was kidding too, lol.
95453, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
oh that's too bad cause i was thinking something like 28 an hour.
95455, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
oh that's too bad cause i was thinking something like 28 an hour.

lol, Im at 22 now :)
95700, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by VOTBLINDUB, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
damn thats a lotta flakes, reminds me of snow at night
95701, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
whoa that is the first decent pics I have ever seen you take of anything

NOW

use that camera on your engine! and I really want to see the car with doors on it, too.
95760, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by j_t3mp, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you did some hella good molding on this car i used to allways get told my car looks like a bass boat cause the flake mines black/blue flake really like it keep up the good work might ask you some painting technics some time soon im going to redo my car if you had to choose another color what would it be ??
95761, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
I was just thinking Mike, if you had a carbon fiber hatch, that would really set it off.
95762, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Originally posted by dsmmyth
I was just thinking Mike, if you had a carbon fiber hatch, that would really set it off.

Thought about it...
95763, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yea it would be your car be not so, "bling-tastic"

EDIT: So you've gotta have one of those 40K eclipses that will sell for 14K now , right ;)
95764, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
You should defintely consider it. That way, you won't have to worry about new holes for your spoiler, and wingless definitely will look good on that car.
95768, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by drhess06259, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that would be nice.
95770, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by R34Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i believe he said he still had holes in the trunk from the other wing? not sure i may have misunderstood.
95773, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Originally posted by R34Eclipse
i believe he said he still had holes in the trunk from the other wing? not sure i may have misunderstood.

Yes I do. My turbo wing comes tuesday so I will paint it and slap it on and see what it looks like. I will also have completely finished pics of the exterior tuesday as well FINALLY :)
95781, RE: The widebody is just about finished...PICS.
Posted by TaloN2.0, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks good man, paint is one of a kind for sure, little much flake but it looks great.
I generated this page in 0.014702081680298 seconds, executing 7 queries.