Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7544
View in linear mode

Subject: "Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on" Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiApr-21-09 09:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7544, "Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"

A guy wanted to buy my Frank3 Turbo so I put on the GT35R with the new tubular header manifold, Tial WG, Spearco FMIC, Tial BOV (open atmosphere) and took off for a drive. All I can say is HOLY DAMN! I didn't hook up the Wastegate correctly so I was accidently boosting to 38psi according to DSMlink but I ripped all 4 tires loose in 2nd gear!!!! Thank god I didn't blow a hole through the side of the block.

Now I need to settle down on the gas and wait for the 2.3L to be dropped in...this is going to be sick!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, DSMxTSi, Mar-20-06 08:56 AM, #1
RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, FlyinEsi, Mar-20-06 09:07 AM, #2
      RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, Diceman19, Mar-20-06 09:37 AM, #3
      RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, destruckeclipse, Mar-20-06 09:44 AM, #4
           RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, FlyinEsi, Mar-20-06 10:17 AM, #5
                RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, RST95eclipse, Mar-20-06 07:46 PM, #9
      RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, DSMxTSi, Mar-20-06 10:24 AM, #6
           RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, FlyinEsi, Mar-20-06 10:38 AM, #7
                RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, DSMxTSi, Mar-20-06 11:09 AM, #8
                     RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, RST95eclipse, Mar-21-06 12:50 PM, #10
                          RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, FlyinEsi, Mar-21-06 01:05 PM, #11
                               RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, Dualgen2, Mar-22-06 03:57 AM, #12
                                    RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, FlyinEsi, Mar-22-06 08:18 AM, #13
                                         RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, BigBald, Mar-22-06 08:33 AM, #14
                                              RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, FlyinEsi, Mar-22-06 08:52 AM, #15
                                                   RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, BigBald, Mar-22-06 09:08 AM, #16
                                                        RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, FlyinEsi, Mar-22-06 11:51 AM, #17
                                                             RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, RST95eclipse, Mar-22-06 03:47 PM, #18
                                                             RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, Moderator992gnt, Mar-22-06 04:29 PM, #19
                                                             RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, EclipseRST, Mar-22-06 05:46 PM, #20
                                                                  RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, kelvinb1, Mar-22-06 08:23 PM, #21
                                                                  RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, 96rs-t, Mar-22-06 08:49 PM, #22
                                                                       RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, RST95eclipse, Mar-22-06 08:57 PM, #23
                                                                  RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, FlyinEsi, Mar-23-06 03:12 AM, #24
                                                                       RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, Moderator992gnt, Mar-23-06 06:35 AM, #25
                                                                       RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, Diceman19, Mar-23-06 07:31 AM, #26
                                                                            RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, FlyinEsi, Mar-23-06 08:11 AM, #27
                                                                                 RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, EclipseRST, Mar-23-06 09:41 AM, #28
                                                                                      RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, FlyinEsi, Mar-23-06 10:26 AM, #29
                                                                                           RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, Moderator992gnt, Mar-23-06 10:54 AM, #30
                                                                                                RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, Remy, Mar-24-06 01:57 AM, #31
                                                                                                     RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, EclipseTenzoR, Mar-26-06 07:52 PM, #32
RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on, Tguy, Apr-01-10 04:23 PM, #33

DSMxTSiMar-20-06 08:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7545, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 0

LOL, holy shit dude! Settle down.
That'll be one HELL of a car when that new motor is in there and tuned.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FlyinEsiMar-20-06 09:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7546, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DSMxTSi
LOL, holy shit dude! Settle down. That'll be one HELL of a car when that new motor is in there and tuned.

I can't wait. I just couldn't believe the feeling of this car hooking up and taking off like it did. I knew I'd have more power, but it already has way more than expected and I still haven't installed my wideband for tuning or my 950cc injectors, and most importantly, the 2.3L.

Only thing I don't like...the sound of the car. With the tubular manifold it definitely gave the car a much louder sound along with a much more "race car" type sound. Kind of higher pitched, unsure of what I think of that...

Diceman19Mar-20-06 09:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#7547, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-20-06 09:37 AM by Diceman19

it is give and take. cant have both.

i cant wait until i get some money so i can throw some decent parts on my car. until then, i am a member of the 14b racing club. projecting 12's this year, if im LUCKY, 11.9999999999. doubtful.

destruckeclipseMar-20-06 09:44 AM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#7548, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 3

I know the feeling! A local here has a 1g 2.3l with the gt35r, hits boost @ 2800 rps, man that thing is quick.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

FlyinEsiMar-20-06 10:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7549, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 4

I will definitely not be hitting full boost at 2800 rpms... I have a .63 a/r exhaust side and I have been told on a 2.0L it will hit full spool around 4300 and the 2.3L should hit about 500 rpms quicker.

RST95eclipseMar-20-06 07:46 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#7550, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I have a .63 a/r exhaust side and I have been told on a 2.0L it will hit full spool around 4300 and the 2.3L should hit about 500 rpms quicker.

You're ball bearing. You'll see better numbers. What are you spooling at right now? The sound is just going to be worse with a 2.3.

DSMxTSiMar-20-06 10:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#7551, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 2

Only thing I don't like...the sound of the car. With the tubular manifold it definitely gave the car a much louder sound along with a much more "race car" type sound. Kind of higher pitched, unsure of what I think of that...

Do you have a test pipe? You might want to try out a high flow cat. You'll lose a little power but you might like the sound better. Or try another resonator in place of the test pipe instead of a high flow cat. I've heard great things about the Aero Turbine resonators.
The sound will also change once the stroker is in there, so maybe you'll like it afterwards.

FlyinEsiMar-20-06 10:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7552, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 6
Mar-20-06 10:39 AM by FlyinEsi

I have a 2.5" downpipe to the flex, then 3" into a 3" high flow cat, 2 resonators and my N1 muffler. But I still have a bit of an exhaust leak at the catback so maybe that will help things out a bit too, but the header definitely gave the car a new sound.

DSMxTSiMar-20-06 11:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#7553, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 7

I have a 2.5" downpipe to the flex, then 3" into a 3" high flow cat, 2 resonators and my N1 muffler. But I still have a bit of an exhaust leak at the catback so maybe that will help things out a bit too, but the header definitely gave the car a new sound.

Hmmm, well do you really NEED the tubular mani?? I assume this is still a fully streetable car. So I would say that if the sound still bothers you after the stroker goes in, then swap over to a ported 2g mani, EVOIII mani, or something like the SBR or Speed Factor manis. I'd bet that you'll still have plenty of power potential to reach your goals.

RST95eclipseMar-21-06 12:50 PM
403 posts,
#7554, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 8

Where in the RPM range are you spooling right now?

FlyinEsiMar-21-06 01:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7555, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 10

Right now I am starting to spool around 3500 and fully spooled around 4500 maybe on 15psi.

Dualgen2Mar-22-06 03:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#7556, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 11

SWEET setup. What kind of #'s have people been putting out w/ a similiar setup?

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

FlyinEsiMar-22-06 08:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7557, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 12
Mar-22-06 08:19 AM by FlyinEsi

I don't know about on the 2.3 but a lot of guys are getting burried into the 400's on pump gas AWD with a built 2.0L. My main controlling factor will be my injectors, which are going to be 950's, which I already have, but I'm going to tune to 15psi with 650's first. After I get my injectors on, my tune will control how much power I get, which I'm not that great at tuning, but I do it good enough to run stoich, and not blow anything up.

BigBaldMar-22-06 08:33 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#7558, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 13

Dan...turn that shit up to 25psi and quit being a pussy....lol.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

FlyinEsiMar-22-06 08:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7559, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 14

Only reason I'm not turning it up is because I don't have my wideband hooked up yet, or my boost controller. I'm just running off the 1bar spring in the wastegate right now.

BigBaldMar-22-06 09:08 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#7560, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 15

Do not dissappoint us once all is well.....

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

FlyinEsiMar-22-06 11:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7561, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 16

Don't worry about that. I have every intension of running the car at 20-22psi daily and a race gas mix for road racing and dyno runs. Don't expect any time slips though, I've got better things to spend my money on than another tranny or clutch.

RST95eclipseMar-22-06 03:47 PM
403 posts,
#7562, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 17

You'll definately spool quicker than 3000 rpm on a 2.3L. You're ball bearing. When they say 500 rpm faster, they mean with wet bearing turbos.

Moderator992gntMar-22-06 04:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#7563, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 18

Throw some meth injection on there and turn up the boost!

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

EclipseRSTMar-22-06 05:46 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#7564, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 17

Don't worry about that. I have every intension of running the car at 20-22psi daily and a race gas mix for road racing and dyno runs. Don't expect any time slips though, I've got better things to spend my money on than another tranny or clutch.

So it's just going to be a dyno queen? Weak...

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

kelvinb1Mar-22-06 08:23 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#7565, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 20
Mar-22-06 08:24 PM by kelvinb1

http://www.1320video.com/vids/3.11vr4dyno.wmv they have a vr4 with some turbo (dono) but dyno'd like 450 and they cut the muffler off and it made 515 or some shit. make a straight pipe exhaust you wont regret!

96rs-tMar-22-06 08:49 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#7566, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 21

damn, that mani almost caught on fire at 35psi. So nice.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

RST95eclipseMar-22-06 08:57 PM
403 posts,
#7567, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 22

Why are they not running a radiator in that VR4

And what was going on with that muffler? Did it reduce down causing a bottle neck!?

FlyinEsiMar-23-06 03:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7568, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by EclipseRST
Originally posted by FlyinEsi Don't worry about that. I have every intension of running the car at 20-22psi daily and a race gas mix for road racing and dyno runs. Don't expect any time slips though, I've got better things to spend my money on than another tranny or clutch.

I only need one trip to find out what it has on a dyno. I'm building the car for road racing. There is more to life than drag racing

There is a group of guys here in Phoenix that have a club racing high end cars. Porsche, Ferrari, Z06, things of that nature on the inner track at Phoenix International Raceway. I'm planning on getting into that to see if I can play with the big boys.

Drag strips are for high schoolers and people who have tons of money to drop on trannys, clutches, diffs. I've got better things to spend my money on.

Moderator992gntMar-23-06 06:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#7569, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 24

I'm building the car for road racing. There is more to life than drag racing

There are a few of us around... You should look into doing some DE events with the local BMW or Porsche club, or NASA so you can get some good instruction. It's really easy to pick up bad habits on the track.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD

Diceman19Mar-23-06 07:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#7570, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by FlyinEsi Don't worry about that. I have every intension of running the car at 20-22psi daily and a race gas mix for road racing and dyno runs. Don't expect any time slips though, I've got better things to spend my money on than another tranny or clutch.
I only need one trip to find out what it has on a dyno. I'm building the car for road racing. There is more to life than drag racing There is a group of guys here in Phoenix that have a club racing high end cars. Porsche, Ferrari, Z06, things of that nature on the inner track at Phoenix International Raceway. I'm planning on getting into that to see if I can play with the big boys. Drag strips are for high schoolers and people who have tons of money to drop on trannys, clutches, diffs. I've got better things to spend my money on.

watch your mouth chief, them's fightin words. just because you cant figure out how to run the 1/4 without breaking apart your car, dont mean others cant....

dont pretend that road racing is not hard on those same three parts, especially the clutch.

FlyinEsiMar-23-06 08:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7571, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 26

Originally posted by Diceman19
watch your mouth chief, them's fightin words. just because you cant figure out how to run the 1/4 without breaking apart your car, dont mean others cant.... dont pretend that road racing is not hard on those same three parts, especially the clutch.

All 1/4 mile drag racing proves is how well you can launch and shift your car. A dyno shows how much power you have, regardless of how well you can use it.

EclipseRSTMar-23-06 09:41 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#7572, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 27

Originally posted by Diceman19 watch your mouth chief, them's fightin words. just because you cant figure out how to run the 1/4 without breaking apart your car, dont mean others cant.... dont pretend that road racing is not hard on those same three parts, especially the clutch.
All 1/4 mile drag racing proves is how well you can launch and shift your car. A dyno shows how much power you have, regardless of how well you can use it.

What good is all that power if you don't know how harness and control it? I think going to a dynoing your car is just as much of a waste of money unless it's for hardcore tuning purposes.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

FlyinEsiMar-23-06 10:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7573, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 28

What good is all that power if you don't know how harness and control it?

That's why I'm getting involved in AutoX and Road Racing.

It doesn't matter. This car will not be on a drag strip more than once or twice, ever.

Moderator992gntMar-23-06 10:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#7574, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 29
Mar-23-06 10:57 AM by 992gnt

Roadracing isn't hard on a clutch at all. You have one launch, and all the rest of the shifts are heel & toe - no different than daily driving. Roadracing is easier on the driveline (clutch to the wheels) but probably harder on the engine itself (sustained high rpm's). The dyno is for tuning and getting numbers to brag with. It's hard to quantify power with lap times...

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD

RemyMar-24-06 01:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#7575, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 30

lol.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM

EclipseTenzoRMar-26-06 07:52 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#7576, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 31

I think thats badass you are building the car for roadracing rather than a beast at the track. And I can agree with you on some of your viewpoints. I just think its crucial that you put a rollcage in the gsx. Is that mandatory though when you race on tracks?

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

TguyApr-01-10 04:23 PM
Member since Apr 01st 2010
21 posts,
#13149, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 0

its a nice turbo

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7544 Previous topic | Next topic