Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7544
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiApr-21-09 09:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7544, "Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"

A guy wanted to buy my Frank3 Turbo so I put on the GT35R with the new tubular header manifold, Tial WG, Spearco FMIC, Tial BOV (open atmosphere) and took off for a drive. All I can say is HOLY DAMN! I didn't hook up the Wastegate correctly so I was accidently boosting to 38psi according to DSMlink but I ripped all 4 tires loose in 2nd gear!!!! Thank god I didn't blow a hole through the side of the block.

Now I need to settle down on the gas and wait for the 2.3L to be dropped in...this is going to be sick!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
DSMxTSiMar-20-06 08:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7545, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 0

LOL, holy shit dude! Settle down.
That'll be one HELL of a car when that new motor is in there and tuned.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FlyinEsiMar-20-06 09:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7546, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DSMxTSi
LOL, holy shit dude! Settle down. That'll be one HELL of a car when that new motor is in there and tuned.

I can't wait. I just couldn't believe the feeling of this car hooking up and taking off like it did. I knew I'd have more power, but it already has way more than expected and I still haven't installed my wideband for tuning or my 950cc injectors, and most importantly, the 2.3L.

Only thing I don't like...the sound of the car. With the tubular manifold it definitely gave the car a much louder sound along with a much more "race car" type sound. Kind of higher pitched, unsure of what I think of that...

Diceman19Mar-20-06 09:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#7547, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-20-06 09:37 AM by Diceman19

it is give and take. cant have both.

i cant wait until i get some money so i can throw some decent parts on my car. until then, i am a member of the 14b racing club. projecting 12's this year, if im LUCKY, 11.9999999999. doubtful.

destruckeclipseMar-20-06 09:44 AM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#7548, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 3

I know the feeling! A local here has a 1g 2.3l with the gt35r, hits boost @ 2800 rps, man that thing is quick.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

FlyinEsiMar-20-06 10:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7549, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 4

I will definitely not be hitting full boost at 2800 rpms... I have a .63 a/r exhaust side and I have been told on a 2.0L it will hit full spool around 4300 and the 2.3L should hit about 500 rpms quicker.

RST95eclipseMar-20-06 07:46 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#7550, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I have a .63 a/r exhaust side and I have been told on a 2.0L it will hit full spool around 4300 and the 2.3L should hit about 500 rpms quicker.

You're ball bearing. You'll see better numbers. What are you spooling at right now? The sound is just going to be worse with a 2.3.

DSMxTSiMar-20-06 10:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#7551, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 2

Only thing I don't like...the sound of the car. With the tubular manifold it definitely gave the car a much louder sound along with a much more "race car" type sound. Kind of higher pitched, unsure of what I think of that...

Do you have a test pipe? You might want to try out a high flow cat. You'll lose a little power but you might like the sound better. Or try another resonator in place of the test pipe instead of a high flow cat. I've heard great things about the Aero Turbine resonators.
The sound will also change once the stroker is in there, so maybe you'll like it afterwards.

FlyinEsiMar-20-06 10:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7552, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 7
Mar-20-06 10:39 AM by FlyinEsi

I have a 2.5" downpipe to the flex, then 3" into a 3" high flow cat, 2 resonators and my N1 muffler. But I still have a bit of an exhaust leak at the catback so maybe that will help things out a bit too, but the header definitely gave the car a new sound.

DSMxTSiMar-20-06 11:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#7553, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 8

I have a 2.5" downpipe to the flex, then 3" into a 3" high flow cat, 2 resonators and my N1 muffler. But I still have a bit of an exhaust leak at the catback so maybe that will help things out a bit too, but the header definitely gave the car a new sound.

Hmmm, well do you really NEED the tubular mani?? I assume this is still a fully streetable car. So I would say that if the sound still bothers you after the stroker goes in, then swap over to a ported 2g mani, EVOIII mani, or something like the SBR or Speed Factor manis. I'd bet that you'll still have plenty of power potential to reach your goals.

RST95eclipseMar-21-06 12:50 PM
Member since Oct 19th 2004
403 posts,
#7554, "RE: Holy Shit! Got the GT35R bolted on"
In response to Reply # 9

Where in the RPM range are you spooling right now?

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7544 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic