Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7350
View in linear mode

Subject: "stand alone fuel system" Previous topic | Next topic
2geclipselamboedJun-06-06 01:57 PM
Member since Jan 12th 2006
265 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7350, "stand alone fuel system"

well just garaged my newest addition the gs-t after taking it to the track. Ran 12.4 @ 121mpg...not bad i guess for a lil 16g turbo running 20psi. I will scan the slips for you guys here in a couple days when the scanner is working again. The car could run alot better though feels like it is not getting enough fuel and hesitates a lil. It has 550cc injectors and AEM fuel rail with a walbro 255 fuel pump. What is the difference for having a stand alone fuel management system and is it worth getting? What could help me break into the 11's. I don't want to run nitrous so please no one say a wet kit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: stand alone fuel system, Teamner947, Jun-06-06 02:53 PM, #1
RE: stand alone fuel system, 2geclipselamboed, Jun-06-06 03:33 PM, #2
      RE: stand alone fuel system, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-07-06 05:54 AM, #3
           RE: stand alone fuel system, T_K, Jun-11-06 01:20 PM, #4
                RE: stand alone fuel system, kelvinb1, Jun-11-06 01:58 PM, #5
                RE: stand alone fuel system, 97eclipse97, Jun-14-06 09:15 AM, #6
                     RE: stand alone fuel system, kelvinb1, Jun-14-06 02:58 PM, #7
                     RE: stand alone fuel system, GSkickin, Jun-15-06 11:12 AM, #8
                     RE: stand alone fuel system, T_K, Jun-17-06 02:14 AM, #9

Teamner947Jun-06-06 02:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7351, "RE: stand alone fuel system"
In response to Reply # 0

You will probably have a tough time getting to the 11's without serious added traction or a bigger turbo.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2geclipselamboedJun-06-06 03:33 PM
Member since Jan 12th 2006
265 posts,
#7352, "RE: stand alone fuel system"
In response to Reply # 1

well i have a 6 bolt motor in my garage i am going to build up and put on a gt35 turbo here in about 5-6 months hopefully. The car runs great right now so i am taking the engine building slow to make sure everything is perfect before swapping

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-07-06 05:54 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#7353, "RE: stand alone fuel system"
In response to Reply # 2

Get a DSMLINK, no need for any other type of standalone.

T_KJun-11-06 01:20 PM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
219 posts,
#7354, "RE: stand alone fuel system"
In response to Reply # 3

Megasquirt also is running 4G63 DSMs successfully. I plan to convert mine to it as well. Hard to beat the price.

1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD: balance shafts, cruise & AC removed; 16psi, Dejon intake & UICP, ported 14b, EVOIII mani, ported 2G O2 housing, 2.5" Buschur dp to 3" Thermal exhaust, datalogger, front strut brace, prothane motor mounts

1995 Eclipse RS U-Boot; Tokico Illuminas, GSX front brakes, ST front swaybar, short shifter, CAI with K&N filter, rear disks and swaybar, front upper and rear lower strut braces, beater exterior

kelvinb1Jun-11-06 01:58 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#7355, "RE: stand alone fuel system"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by T_K
Megasquirt also is running 4G63 DSMs successfully. I plan to convert mine to it as well. Hard to beat the price.

megasquirt would be a good choice, and gt35r might be alittle overkill depending on what you want to do with it

97eclipse97Jun-14-06 09:15 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#7356, "RE: stand alone fuel system"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by T_K

This may be true but why would you prefer a more univeral tuning method versus DSMLink which is 100% specific to DSM's (and the few EVO's that run it on a 2g ECU). I would choose DSMLink 10 times over any other tuning program, but that's just me. I'm sure you can find some success with whatever you choose.

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

kelvinb1Jun-14-06 02:58 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#7357, "RE: stand alone fuel system"
In response to Reply # 6

there are goods and bads for both setups, my friend wade actually made a complete p'n'p megasquirt and spark, so instead of splicing wires, its just like an aem, but its a megasquirt aka better.

GSkickinJun-15-06 11:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
10 posts,
#7358, "RE: stand alone fuel system"
In response to Reply # 7

I agree, just go with the Link it's cheaper and easier to tune with. It's very user friendly.

T_KJun-17-06 02:14 AM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
219 posts,
#7359, "RE: stand alone fuel system"
In response to Reply # 6
Jun-17-06 02:14 AM by T_K

Originally posted by 97eclipse97
Originally posted by T_K Megasquirt also is running 4G63 DSMs successfully. I plan to convert mine to it as well. Hard to beat the price.
This may be true but why would you prefer a more univeral tuning method versus DSMLink which is 100% specific to DSM's (and the few EVO's that run it on a 2g ECU). I would choose DSMLink 10 times over any other tuning program, but that's just me. I'm sure you can find some success with whatever you choose.

1. Cost - megasquirt would cost me about $100 to build (I'll explain why). DSMlink needs an eprom ecu ($200 min.) and the program itself costs $500. way overpriced IMO. So much money and you don't get any new hardware. MS is a real standalone.

2. DIY & development - the MS is pretty much a community project and there is a lot of development. I work for a local electronics design&manufacturing company and from this POV it's super interesting to me. (that's why it'd cost me so little, I can pull out most of the parts from our storage). The next MS will have integrated wideband controller even...

3. With the MS you get to convert to speed density at 0 additional cost. That's HP you get right off from killing the MAF setup.

Plus, everyone uses DSMlink. I want to do something interesting, not just make the car fast.

Having said all that, I do think the MS is not for everyone and DSMlink IS the better choice for your average DSMer.

Originally posted by GSkickin
I agree, just go with the Link it's cheaper and easier to tune with. It's very user friendly.

How exactly is it cheaper??

1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD: balance shafts, cruise & AC removed; 16psi, Dejon intake & UICP, ported 14b, EVOIII mani, ported 2G O2 housing, 2.5" Buschur dp to 3" Thermal exhaust, datalogger, front strut brace, prothane motor mounts

1995 Eclipse RS U-Boot; Tokico Illuminas, GSX front brakes, ST front swaybar, short shifter, CAI with K&N filter, rear disks and swaybar, front upper and rear lower strut braces, beater exterior

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7350 Previous topic | Next topic