Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: stand alone fuel system
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=7350&mesg_id=7359
7359, RE: stand alone fuel system
Posted by T_K, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 97eclipse97
Originally posted by T_K Megasquirt also is running 4G63 DSMs successfully. I plan to convert mine to it as well. Hard to beat the price.
This may be true but why would you prefer a more univeral tuning method versus DSMLink which is 100% specific to DSM's (and the few EVO's that run it on a 2g ECU). I would choose DSMLink 10 times over any other tuning program, but that's just me. I'm sure you can find some success with whatever you choose.

1. Cost - megasquirt would cost me about $100 to build (I'll explain why). DSMlink needs an eprom ecu ($200 min.) and the program itself costs $500. way overpriced IMO. So much money and you don't get any new hardware. MS is a real standalone.

2. DIY & development - the MS is pretty much a community project and there is a lot of development. I work for a local electronics design&manufacturing company and from this POV it's super interesting to me. (that's why it'd cost me so little, I can pull out most of the parts from our storage). The next MS will have integrated wideband controller even...

3. With the MS you get to convert to speed density at 0 additional cost. That's HP you get right off from killing the MAF setup.

Plus, everyone uses DSMlink. I want to do something interesting, not just make the car fast. :)

Having said all that, I do think the MS is not for everyone and DSMlink IS the better choice for your average DSMer.

Originally posted by GSkickin
I agree, just go with the Link it's cheaper and easier to tune with. It's very user friendly.

How exactly is it cheaper??
I generated this page in 0.008713960647583 seconds, executing 6 queries.