Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1608
View in linear mode

Subject: "1g paint" Previous topic | Next topic
TalontaxiAug-22-05 03:37 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2004
201 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1608, "1g paint"

I got a 90 gs and am having trouble finding touch up paint. I can't remeber exactly what the paintcode is, its like pr8 or something along those lines, anyways its the purplish redish plummish (if thats specific enough) color, I know everyone has seen it and I know of a couple lasers and other eclipses in my area with the same color, so its not that uncommon. Anyone have any ideas or know where to get touch up paint?
Dupli-colors guide does'nt have it as far as i know and neither does plasti-cotes. And those are the only two brands anyone carries around here.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Pitchblack98Aug-22-05 05:07 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1609, "RE: 1g paint"
In response to Reply # 0

if you want a better quality paint go to a body shop. They can mix up a little and put it in a jar with a little brush. Ive gotten it that way for every car Ive owned. Some have done it free other have charged. Just a suggestion if you cant find it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTAug-22-05 07:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1610, "RE: 1g paint"
In response to Reply # 1

Just for the record, I don't think any of those touch up paint manufacturers make it for our cars.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

TalontaxiAug-23-05 03:09 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2004
201 posts,
#1611, "RE: 1g paint"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Just for the record, I don't think any of those touch up paint manufacturers make it for our cars.

So you guys know what color I'm talking about then? And yes I think you are correct, I can not find that stuff anywhere. I really like duplicolor paint with the pen applicator they have though and I wish I could get it. But looks like i'm gonna have to get it mixed. Thanks guys

Pitchblack98Aug-23-05 06:25 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#1612, "RE: 1g paint"
In response to Reply # 3

one more thing to add... Napa can mix the paint and also put it in a spray can for you. I think its about $10.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1608 Previous topic | Next topic