Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #34044
View in linear mode

Subject: "(I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorxcasbonxJun-21-08 05:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34044, "(I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day"
Jun-21-08 05:29 AM by xcasbonx

Today is the day of the annual "holiday" dubbed Go Skateboarding Day.

So...if you used to skate, still do, or don't but see a board and say why the hell not? Go out and SKATE.

http://www.goskateboardingday.org

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day, totaleklipse97, Jun-21-08 07:20 PM, #1
RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day, mysteryclipse21, Jun-21-08 08:00 PM, #2
      RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day, 740 turbo brick, Jun-22-08 05:20 AM, #3
           RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day, jsupetran, Jun-23-08 08:18 AM, #4
                RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day, Fallen4ng31, Jun-23-08 08:47 AM, #5
                     RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-23-08 10:15 AM, #6
                          RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day, foggy45, Jun-23-08 05:28 PM, #7
                               RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day, djtrickee, Jun-23-08 05:37 PM, #8
                                    RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day, foggy45, Jun-23-08 06:43 PM, #9

totaleklipse97Jun-21-08 07:20 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34048, "RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day"
In response to Reply # 0

I was going to workout and train today and I saw about 50 skateboarders in one area of campus working the stairs and rails.. no one took a major tumble while I was watching. I'm assuming they got kicked out tho, they were gone within 15 minutes.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mysteryclipse21Jun-21-08 08:00 PM
Member since Feb 22nd 2006
82 posts,
#34049, "RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day"
In response to Reply # 1

My friend stole my skateboard 2 months ago. Shit I just realized that.

HRC Stage IV

740 turbo brickJun-22-08 05:20 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#34055, "RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day"
In response to Reply # 2

I skated for almost 4 years. Stairs were my favorite thing to ollie. I had a BlackLabel, that was the best board I have ever skated. Then I broke it in half on a bad 5-set. Ever since then, I can hardly land a kickflip. Im into flatland bmx now.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

jsupetranJun-23-08 08:18 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#34078, "RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day"
In response to Reply # 3

i want to learn how to skate to get around.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

Fallen4ng31Jun-23-08 08:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#34079, "RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by jsupetran
i want to learn how to skate to get around.

Longboard IMO.

Anyway, I never had any good experiences with the "skater" crowd here. Not to say I have anything against the sport, or lifestyle; Quite the contrary as I used to ride. It's just that most of the little punks around here are disrecpectful little bastards.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

ModeratorxcasbonxJun-23-08 10:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#34082, "RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
Longboard IMO. Anyway, I never had any good experiences with the "skater" crowd here. Not to say I have anything against the sport, or lifestyle; Quite the contrary as I used to ride. It's just that most of the little punks around here are disrecpectful little bastards.

Longboard if you just want to cruise around for sure.

Ignore the little punks, most of them won't stick with it. I deal with 15 to 20 lil bastards at our local park who act like they know me every time I show up to ride.

I contributed to the Wiki.

foggy45Jun-23-08 05:28 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#34091, "RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day"
In response to Reply # 6

ohhhh i think i still have a Powell Peralta (yes the Old School version) lying around in my garage
wonder if i still remember how to ride

im prefer snowboarding now, i love the back country free riding.
LF a group of friends to do some Heilsking some day. nobody at the hospital knows what im talking about, they all want to go to "Aspen" whatever, when i go to a mountain i go to ride, not to park my ass at the base and be the snobish doctor trying to hit on gold-digging snow bunnies lookin for free implants

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

djtrickeeJun-23-08 05:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#34092, "RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by foggy45
they all want to go to "Aspen" whatever, when i go to a mountain i go to ride, not to park my ass at the base and be the snobish doctor trying to hit on gold-digging snow bunnies lookin for free implants

Watch it. That's where I grew up.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

foggy45Jun-23-08 06:43 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#34093, "RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day"
In response to Reply # 8
Jun-23-08 06:45 PM by foggy45

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by foggy45 they all want to go to "Aspen" whatever, when i go to a mountain i go to ride, not to park my ass at the base and be the snobish doctor trying to hit on gold-digging snow bunnies lookin for free implants
Watch it. That's where I grew up.

hey man no offence ment!
nothing wrong with the locals, they are cool, the town is cool. it just the influx of uptight asses going there to pose like they are the shit because they can sit and talk about all the stuff they have back home. and the bunnies are the out of towners looking for the paycheck.

nah man not for me, and thats probably why i dont get invited to go on the department "ski trips", they buy like one day of tickets and then spend the rest of the time in the hotel or at the base in the new ski outfit that they just bought days before the trip.
my helmet has scratches because i use it to save my dome not shine to sit on the table.

me coming in from the backcountry (pack not shown, but i do have an OB / AV pack that i take with me)

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #34044 Previous topic | Next topic