Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subject(I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=34044
34044, (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Today is the day of the annual "holiday" dubbed Go Skateboarding Day.

So...if you used to skate, still do, or don't but see a board and say why the hell not? Go out and SKATE.

http://www.goskateboardingday.org
34048, RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day
Posted by totaleklipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was going to workout and train today and I saw about 50 skateboarders in one area of campus working the stairs and rails.. no one took a major tumble while I was watching. I'm assuming they got kicked out tho, they were gone within 15 minutes.
34049, RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day
Posted by mysteryclipse21, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My friend stole my skateboard 2 months ago. Shit I just realized that.
34055, RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I skated for almost 4 years. Stairs were my favorite thing to ollie. I had a BlackLabel, that was the best board I have ever skated. Then I broke it in half on a bad 5-set. Ever since then, I can hardly land a kickflip. Im into flatland bmx now.
34078, RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i want to learn how to skate to get around.
34079, RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by jsupetran
i want to learn how to skate to get around.

Longboard IMO.

Anyway, I never had any good experiences with the "skater" crowd here. Not to say I have anything against the sport, or lifestyle; Quite the contrary as I used to ride. It's just that most of the little punks around here are disrecpectful little bastards.
34082, RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
Longboard IMO. Anyway, I never had any good experiences with the "skater" crowd here. Not to say I have anything against the sport, or lifestyle; Quite the contrary as I used to ride. It's just that most of the little punks around here are disrecpectful little bastards.

Longboard if you just want to cruise around for sure.

Ignore the little punks, most of them won't stick with it. I deal with 15 to 20 lil bastards at our local park who act like they know me every time I show up to ride.
34091, RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ohhhh i think i still have a Powell Peralta (yes the Old School version) lying around in my garage
wonder if i still remember how to ride :P

im prefer snowboarding now, i love the back country free riding.
LF a group of friends to do some Heilsking some day. nobody at the hospital knows what im talking about, they all want to go to "Aspen" whatever, when i go to a mountain i go to ride, not to park my ass at the base and be the snobish doctor trying to hit on gold-digging snow bunnies lookin for free implants
34092, RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by foggy45
they all want to go to "Aspen" whatever, when i go to a mountain i go to ride, not to park my ass at the base and be the snobish doctor trying to hit on gold-digging snow bunnies lookin for free implants

Watch it. That's where I grew up.
34093, RE: (I'm hijacking this today) 6/21/08 Go Skateboarding Day
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by foggy45 they all want to go to "Aspen" whatever, when i go to a mountain i go to ride, not to park my ass at the base and be the snobish doctor trying to hit on gold-digging snow bunnies lookin for free implants
Watch it. That's where I grew up.

hey man no offence ment!
nothing wrong with the locals, they are cool, the town is cool. it just the influx of uptight asses going there to pose like they are the shit because they can sit and talk about all the stuff they have back home. and the bunnies are the out of towners looking for the paycheck.

nah man not for me, and thats probably why i dont get invited to go on the department "ski trips", they buy like one day of tickets and then spend the rest of the time in the hotel or at the base in the new ski outfit that they just bought days before the trip.
my helmet has scratches because i use it to save my dome not shine to sit on the table.

me coming in from the backcountry (pack not shown, but i do have an OB / AV pack that i take with me)
I generated this page in 0.0098130702972412 seconds, executing 7 queries.