Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9423
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lugnutz" Previous topic | Next topic
UNSpooled95GSMay-17-02 04:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
234 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9423, "Lugnutz"

One of my locking lugnuts broke off when i was trying to loosen it to put on my springs.A piece ofit is still in there.Hiw should i get it off? Drill out the stud?

Green 95 GS 5-speed
Engine--PCP cold air intake,Greddy header,Accel 8mm wires,OBX custom exhuast.

Suspension/Brakes--Sprint 2' springs, KYB Gr2's, EBC Red Stuff pads,17" Konig Traffiks (silver), 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES100's, 15 dollar camber kit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMetalJimMay-17-02 06:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9424, "RE: Lugnutz"
In response to Reply # 0

The lug studs are presssed into the back of the hub. The procedure is different depending on weather it's a disc or drum brake wheel, but the goal is the same. Basically, you need to dissasemble it down to the point where you can drive(hamma) the old broken stud out, and then draw a new one in using a lug nut and some washers.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Gude cams : test pipe : CAI : Dual air horns : Kenwood KDC 5000
incomming - lower strut bars : AutoCommand remote start

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
14.76 @ 94.72mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Amish_EclipseMay-17-02 02:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#9425, "RE: Lugnutz"
In response to Reply # 1

your old lock nut can be removed. your gonna need special tools though or a garage with them. we do it at work alot. we have a socket that's reverse threaded on the inside. when you put it over the lock nut and turn to loosen it threads on to the locknut and torques it off. that's what you need. don't bust a stud yet.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

The1BillMay-17-02 05:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#9426, "RE: Lugnutz"
In response to Reply # 2

Well, if you can hammer a socket (a 12 point 3/4 " socket works best), then you can just pull it off. Use one with 1/2 " drive, and hammer it on good, then use a breaker bar. It should back right off.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

UNSpooled95GSMay-19-02 06:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
234 posts,
#9427, "RE: Lugnutz"
In response to Reply # 3

the actual lugnut is what broke off, and there was pieces of it that were threaded (and rusted) holding the wheel ob and preventing me from taing it off.My local tire shop tried everything to get it out, so eventually i just got pissed and melted it off with a acetylene torch.It worked and i got the stud replaced for 10 bones.Thanks for the help guys.

Green 95 GS 5-speed
Engine--PCP cold air intake,Greddy header,Accel 8mm wires,OBX custom exhuast.

Suspension/Brakes--Sprint 2' springs, KYB Gr2's, EBC Red Stuff pads,17" Konig Traffiks (silver), 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES100's, 15 dollar camber kit.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9423 Previous topic | Next topic