Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectLugnutz
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=9423
9423, Lugnutz
Posted by UNSpooled95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
One of my locking lugnuts broke off when i was trying to loosen it to put on my springs.A piece ofit is still in there.Hiw should i get it off? Drill out the stud?
9424, RE: Lugnutz
Posted by MetalJim, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The lug studs are presssed into the back of the hub. The procedure is different depending on weather it's a disc or drum brake wheel, but the goal is the same. Basically, you need to dissasemble it down to the point where you can drive(hamma) the old broken stud out, and then draw a new one in using a lug nut and some washers.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Gude cams : test pipe : CAI : Dual air horns : Kenwood KDC 5000
incomming - lower strut bars : AutoCommand remote start
9425, RE: Lugnutz
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
your old lock nut can be removed. your gonna need special tools though or a garage with them. we do it at work alot. we have a socket that's reverse threaded on the inside. when you put it over the lock nut and turn to loosen it threads on to the locknut and torques it off. that's what you need. don't bust a stud yet.
9426, RE: Lugnutz
Posted by The1Bill, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, if you can hammer a socket (a 12 point 3/4 " socket works best), then you can just pull it off. Use one with 1/2 " drive, and hammer it on good, then use a breaker bar. It should back right off.
-=B-=
9427, RE: Lugnutz
Posted by UNSpooled95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the actual lugnut is what broke off, and there was pieces of it that were threaded (and rusted) holding the wheel ob and preventing me from taing it off.My local tire shop tried everything to get it out, so eventually i just got pissed and melted it off with a acetylene torch.It worked and i got the stud replaced for 10 bones.Thanks for the help guys.
I generated this page in 0.0086381435394287 seconds, executing 7 queries.