Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #258
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?" Previous topic | Next topic
an0maly321Dec-24-00 05:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#258, "Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?"

LAST EDITED ON 24-Dec-00 AT 10:53 PM (PST)

Hey can anyone tell me where to lift the rear off the car with a floor jack, I have the Chilton's manual and its pretty vague on the description of where to place the jack in the rear of our cars. I didn't want to take any chances so if someone could fill me in I would appreciate it thanx.

By the way I raised my car this weekend, if anyone want some used progress springs, there in ok condition since I did have them on for about 3 years so, if anyone wants it for cheap price let me know =)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?, 95ESi, Dec-25-00 10:10 PM, #1
RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?, TeamMichael_97RS, Dec-26-00 03:04 AM, #2
      RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?, Will, Dec-26-00 09:31 AM, #3
           RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?, TeamMichael_97RS, Dec-27-00 05:00 AM, #4
                RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?, Irfan, Dec-29-00 05:34 PM, #6
                RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?, TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-29-00 05:44 PM, #7
RE: Progress Springs..., phatGS, Dec-29-00 04:17 PM, #5

95ESiDec-25-00 10:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#259, "RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?"
In response to Reply # 0

in the rear right after the fuel tank there is a ridge and a frame support..you could raise it there...just crawl under car past the fuel tank and look up for something sturdy

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSDec-26-00 03:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#260, "RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yep just in fornt of the rear wheel well they have the lift points for the lifts the dealerships have that we all whish we did.

BTW to those who have dropped their car... can you still get a hydrolic jack underneath to lift it up? Very curious since I plan on lowering mine in the future.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

WillDec-26-00 09:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
153 posts,
#261, "RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?"
In response to Reply # 2

Probably not if you have springs like the Sportline. The rear should be fine.

Will
99 Black GS Sport

----------
Will
99 GS - Sold
05 G35C
2GNT Member #51

TeamMichael_97RSDec-27-00 05:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#262, "RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?"
In response to Reply # 3

No I only want to go with the pro kit, drop about inch and a half I just don't remember what clearance I have. I'll have to take a look if nothing else just lean intot he car and raise it a bit, had to do it to my brothers.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

IrfanDec-29-00 05:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
#263, "RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?"
In response to Reply # 4

no, you'll probably need to use the jack that comes with the car to get it a little higher, then uses a florr jack. thats what i do. or use a ramp

2GNT Member #76, since Fall 1999

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Drove: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE
1999 Eclipse GS Hahn Stage 1

TeamJasonESi_TDec-29-00 05:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#264, "RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?"
In response to Reply # 4

You can raise it Michael no problem depending on jack placement.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

phatGSDec-29-00 04:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#265, "RE: Progress Springs..."
In response to Reply # 0

How was the ride quality on those springs? Why'd you raise the car back up? About how much of a drop do the springs give?

Brandon

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #258 Previous topic | Next topic