Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectHydraulic Floor Jacks ?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=258
258, Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?
Posted by an0maly321, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 24-Dec-00 AT 10:53 PM (PST)

Hey can anyone tell me where to lift the rear off the car with a floor jack, I have the Chilton's manual and its pretty vague on the description of where to place the jack in the rear of our cars. I didn't want to take any chances so if someone could fill me in I would appreciate it thanx.

By the way I raised my car this weekend, if anyone want some used progress springs, there in ok condition since I did have them on for about 3 years so, if anyone wants it for cheap price let me know =)

259, RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?
Posted by 95ESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
in the rear right after the fuel tank there is a ridge and a frame support..you could raise it there...just crawl under car past the fuel tank and look up for something sturdy

l e o n

260, RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yep just in fornt of the rear wheel well they have the lift points for the lifts the dealerships have that we all whish we did.

BTW to those who have dropped their car... can you still get a hydrolic jack underneath to lift it up? Very curious since I plan on lowering mine in the future.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
261, RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?
Posted by Will, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Probably not if you have springs like the Sportline. The rear should be fine.

Will
99 Black GS Sport
262, RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No I only want to go with the pro kit, drop about inch and a half I just don't remember what clearance I have. I'll have to take a look if nothing else just lean intot he car and raise it a bit, had to do it to my brothers.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
263, RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?
Posted by Irfan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
no, you'll probably need to use the jack that comes with the car to get it a little higher, then uses a florr jack. thats what i do. or use a ramp
264, RE: Hydraulic Floor Jacks ?
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can raise it Michael no problem depending on jack placement.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

265, RE: Progress Springs...
Posted by phatGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How was the ride quality on those springs? Why'd you raise the car back up? About how much of a drop do the springs give?

Brandon
I generated this page in 0.010135889053345 seconds, executing 7 queries.