Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11276
View in threaded mode

Subject: "squeaky suspension" Previous topic | Next topic
510eclipseAug-04-02 06:19 PM
Member since May 12th 2002
424 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11276, "squeaky suspension"

for about 6 months or so i was riding on weapon-r coil overs slammed more than 2 inches, on stock shocks. needless to say the ride was horrible. a few weeks ago i installed eibach pro kits with agx adjustables. now the ride is amazing, except one problem. i get squeeks when i go over every little bump. the squeeks seem to come from the front, the back, the right, the left. all over. my only guess was that i was an idiot for not greasing any of the new components at all during the install. like where the shocks bolt to the car and where the springs rest on the shocks. does anybody else have any guess's as to what my problem may be, and how i should go about fixing it. i definately do not feel like taking it all apart and reinstalling it all again. i thought that maybe after a while the squeeking would just go away after the things got broken in, but it doesnt seem to be getting any better. nothing ever squeeked before with my last ghetto setup. tia.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
proDMDAug-05-02 02:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11277, "RE: squeaky suspension"
In response to Reply # 0

Im going through the same problem as you and have been riding on them for a couple of months now and still squeeking but it doesnt bother me when I turn the radio up...

AFX/UDP,AEM,AF/X 55mm TB,50 shot of NOS,Glenn's short shifter,17" tantrum,prokit KYB AGX,JL stealthbox sony headunit,audiobahn amp,M3 style mirrors,Blue leds,yellow fogs,reverse ind,w

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Logic3Aug-05-02 03:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#11278, "RE: squeaky suspension"
In response to Reply # 1

My guess is the sqeaking is coming from the rubber mounts where the top of the spring sits. Douse all the rubber mountings with WD-40 and see if that dosen't help. Good Luck.

510eclipseAug-05-02 07:11 AM
424 posts,
#11279, "RE: squeaky suspension"
In response to Reply # 2

ah yes, good idea my friend. i will go outside right now and do that and let you konw how it sounds later this afternoon. maybe homeboy up above can do the same thing to remedy his problem if it works.

Ryan_HesAug-05-02 08:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#11280, "RE: squeaky suspension"
In response to Reply # 3

If you have camber kits, especially on the front, that is most likely where to squeaking is coming from. Especially if they are poly-urethane, but rubber can squeak too. Jack your car up a bit, and look at where the camber kits are. Drench them with WD-40 and it stops the squeaking for weeks. Worked for me, and Im on Ingalls Poly-urethane camber kits

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

510eclipseAug-05-02 08:34 AM
424 posts,
#11281, "RE: squeaky suspension"
In response to Reply # 4

no camber kits here, but im sure ill be askin you about them pretty soon. i think i need them...even with just my eibach prokits. i dont know but i think it maybe has something to do with the fact that i was lowered a lot more before i got the pro kits.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11276 Previous topic | Next topic