Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectsqueaky suspension
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=11276
11276, squeaky suspension
Posted by 510eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
for about 6 months or so i was riding on weapon-r coil overs slammed more than 2 inches, on stock shocks. needless to say the ride was horrible. a few weeks ago i installed eibach pro kits with agx adjustables. now the ride is amazing, except one problem. i get squeeks when i go over every little bump. the squeeks seem to come from the front, the back, the right, the left. all over. my only guess was that i was an idiot for not greasing any of the new components at all during the install. like where the shocks bolt to the car and where the springs rest on the shocks. does anybody else have any guess's as to what my problem may be, and how i should go about fixing it. i definately do not feel like taking it all apart and reinstalling it all again. i thought that maybe after a while the squeeking would just go away after the things got broken in, but it doesnt seem to be getting any better. nothing ever squeeked before with my last ghetto setup. tia.

11277, RE: squeaky suspension
Posted by proDMD, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Im going through the same problem as you and have been riding on them for a couple of months now and still squeeking :( but it doesnt bother me when I turn the radio up...
11278, RE: squeaky suspension
Posted by Logic3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My guess is the sqeaking is coming from the rubber mounts where the top of the spring sits. Douse all the rubber mountings with WD-40 and see if that dosen't help. Good Luck.
11279, RE: squeaky suspension
ah yes, good idea my friend. i will go outside right now and do that and let you konw how it sounds later this afternoon. maybe homeboy up above can do the same thing to remedy his problem if it works.

11280, RE: squeaky suspension
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you have camber kits, especially on the front, that is most likely where to squeaking is coming from. Especially if they are poly-urethane, but rubber can squeak too. Jack your car up a bit, and look at where the camber kits are. Drench them with WD-40 and it stops the squeaking for weeks. Worked for me, and Im on Ingalls Poly-urethane camber kits :-)
11281, RE: squeaky suspension
no camber kits here, but im sure ill be askin you about them pretty soon. i think i need them...even with just my eibach prokits. i dont know but i think it maybe has something to do with the fact that i was lowered a lot more before i got the pro kits.

I generated this page in 0.0078568458557129 seconds, executing 7 queries.