Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3927
View in linear mode

Subject: "I cant get my car to start" Previous topic | Next topic
95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 03:36 AM
Member since Apr 21st 2007
271 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3927, "I cant get my car to start"

I have dsm 450cc injectors, all i get is cranking. I havent got it to idle at all. Ive read megamanual and searched and searched. What do i have to do to get this car to run??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I cant get my car to start, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-28-08 05:09 AM, #1
RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-28-08 05:17 AM, #2
      RE: I cant get my car to start, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-28-08 05:24 AM, #3
           RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-28-08 05:30 AM, #4
                RE: I cant get my car to start, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-28-08 05:32 AM, #5
                     RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-28-08 05:34 AM, #6
                          RE: I cant get my car to start, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-28-08 08:20 AM, #7
                               RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-28-08 09:36 AM, #8
                                    RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-28-08 09:52 AM, #9
                                         RE: I cant get my car to start, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-28-08 09:56 AM, #10
                                              RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-28-08 04:39 PM, #11
                                                   RE: I cant get my car to start, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-29-08 01:35 AM, #12
RE: I cant get my car to start, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-29-08 02:43 AM, #13
RE: I cant get my car to start, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-29-08 04:25 AM, #14
      RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-29-08 02:49 PM, #15
           RE: I cant get my car to start, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-29-08 03:15 PM, #16
                RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-29-08 03:26 PM, #17
                     RE: I cant get my car to start, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-30-08 02:47 AM, #18
                          RE: I cant get my car to start, Moderatorteklein, Jul-30-08 03:25 AM, #19
                               RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-30-08 03:48 AM, #20
                                    RE: I cant get my car to start, Moderatorteklein, Jul-30-08 05:35 AM, #21
                                         RE: I cant get my car to start, Moderatorteklein, Jul-30-08 05:36 AM, #22
                                         RE: I cant get my car to start, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-30-08 06:28 AM, #23
                                         RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Jul-30-08 08:55 AM, #24
                                              RE: I cant get my car to start, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-30-08 10:57 AM, #25
                                         RE: I cant get my car to start, djtrickee, Jul-30-08 12:35 PM, #26
                                              RE: I cant get my car to start, eclipse982nrRST, Jul-30-08 02:57 PM, #27
                                                   RE: I cant get my car to start, Moderatorteklein, Jul-30-08 03:14 PM, #28
                                                        RE: I cant get my car to start, eclipserst3, Aug-05-08 08:29 AM, #29
                                                             RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-05-08 09:36 AM, #30
                                                                  RE: I cant get my car to start, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-07-08 10:01 AM, #31
                                                                       RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-12-08 04:44 AM, #32
                                                                            RE: I cant get my car to start, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-12-08 05:21 AM, #33
                                                                                 RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-12-08 07:40 AM, #34
                                                                                      RE: I cant get my car to start, Moderatorteklein, Aug-13-08 03:24 AM, #35
                                                                                           RE: I cant get my car to start, scorpo86, Aug-20-08 11:05 AM, #36
                                                                                                RE: I cant get my car to start, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-20-08 12:41 PM, #37
                                                                                                     RE: I cant get my car to start, scorpo86, Aug-21-08 03:20 PM, #38

eclipse982nrRSTJul-28-08 05:09 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3928, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 95eclipseSlow
I have dsm 450cc injectors, all i get is cranking. I havent got it to idle at all. Ive read megamanual and searched and searched. What do i have to do to get this car to run??

Take everything out and run the stock computer.

Seriously, if you couldnt wire a FCD right I honestly do not see how your going to run MSnS.

Do you have cranking RPM's? Are your injectors firing at all?

Do you have spark?

Give some more fucking information.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 05:17 AM
271 posts,
#3929, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 1

yes i have cranking rpms. How do i check if my injectors are fireing? What should i do to test for spark? Chill dude this is my first time using megatune.

eclipse982nrRSTJul-28-08 05:24 AM
6314 posts,
#3930, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 2

yes i have cranking rpms. How do i check if my injectors are fireing? What should i do to test for spark? Chill dude this is my first time using megatune.

Are you serious?

Seriously, are you serious?

You seriously dont know how to check for spark?
You seriously dont know if your injectors are firing? Notice how I spelled that without an E in it?

How do you know you have cranking RPMS? Because the engine cranks over?

Seriously, are you serious here?

Im serious here.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 05:30 AM
271 posts,
#3931, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 3

I cant check for spark when im the only one home. How do you check to see if the injectors are firing though? The rpms on the megatune display go to 300rpm when cranking.Will you just help me? Please?

eclipse982nrRSTJul-28-08 05:32 AM
6314 posts,
#3932, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 4

I cant check for spark when im the only one home. How do you check to see if the injectors are firing though? The rpms on the megatune display go to 300rpm when cranking.Will you just help me? Please?

Sure, take everything out dude.

Are you running spark and fuel?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 05:34 AM
271 posts,
#3933, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 5

yes, i am running spark and fuel. Im sure everything is hooked up right, i just dont know what to do with the settings.

eclipse982nrRSTJul-28-08 08:20 AM
6314 posts,
#3934, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 6

yes, i am running spark and fuel. Im sure everything is hooked up right, i just dont know what to do with the settings.

oh god.

what settings are you referring to?

who did you buy the ecu from? are you sure its modified for the 420a?

pull your plugs and see if they are soaked in fuel. actually no, pull your plugs and take a picture of them and post it here.

pull a wire off of your coil, place it somewhere around the coil and crank it, you can watch from the gap between the underside of the hood and the wiper cowel. see if are sparking...you should be able to hear it if you are.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 09:36 AM
271 posts,
#3937, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 7

the constants,enrichments, and ve table all the settings. I bought the pcm from symtech and it is configured for the 420a im going to check for spark right now and i will post a pic of a plug later.

95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 09:52 AM
271 posts,
#3938, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 8

tested for spark and i had none on all coils. I also noticed that on windows vista megatune doesnt have a spark setting like it does on xp, think this could be the problem? The connections are solid.

eclipse982nrRSTJul-28-08 09:56 AM
6314 posts,
#3939, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 9

tested for spark and i had none on all coils. I also noticed that on windows vista megatune doesnt have a spark setting like it does on xp, think this could be the problem? The connections are solid.

so you have no spark. start diagnosing shit.

and as far as your constants, enrichments, cranking pulse widths etc, If you read the mega manual you would know what the hell to do.

I now know that you either A, did NOT read megamanual or B you did read it and your clueless as all hell as to what the heck you are doing.

Honestly, I peronsally think you are EXTREMELY over your head with Megasquirt. I would suggest seriously taking everything off and put your fuel and ignition system back to stock, because you are going to make something explode very soon.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 04:39 PM
271 posts,
#3941, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 10
Jul-28-08 06:34 PM by 95eclipseSlow

ok i got megatune running on virtual pc. Now i have the spark options and i am going to start over like i never seen megatune before.All i need to know is what i need to put in for my cranking/priming pw table. I need from -40 to 170 please? i have 450cc injectors.

eclipse982nrRSTJul-29-08 01:35 AM
6314 posts,
#3943, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 11

ok i got megatune running on virtual pc. Now i have the spark options and i am going to start over like i never seen megatune before.All i need to know is what i need to put in for my cranking/priming pw table. I need from -40 to 170 please? i have 450cc injectors.

dude, we cant tell you. every motor is different and every setting will be different. there will not be any settings the same from car to car (highly unlikely anyways).

you need to plug in some numbers, if its cranking and sounding like it wants to hit, lower your number for that range. once its started, you have to get into your ASE and warmup wizard and start tweaking those numbers too.

You ARE way in over your head.

I bet your shit will not even start anyways. As much cranking as you probably have been doing, I bet your plugs are garbage.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-29-08 02:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3945, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 0

http://megasquirt.texasneons.org/

There, find something close.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-29-08 04:25 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#3946, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 13

Didnt you get a base map with that MS? You should have.

1. Plug the factory ECU into the coil. Do not run spark and fuel together at the same time when your learning. You WILL NEVER figure your problems out like that.

2. Make the seller give you a base map to get you started. The ECU should have one if he tested it on a car.

Terry

95eclipseSlowJul-29-08 02:49 PM
271 posts,
#3948, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 14

Ok this is my situation, i have a laptop that has windows vista. When using megatune on vista there is no spark option and my car gets no spark at all from it when ms is connected to vista. I downloaded microsoft virtual pc 2007 and then found out that it didnt have a usb device function so i uninstalled it and downloaded vmware which is a different virtual machine that supports usb devices. I loaded my windows xp home editon to vmware and then downloaded megatune and viola there was the spark and code output settings. Next i tried to connect the virtual machine xp to the ms and i cannot get communication. I tried com1 through com99 and i got no response for all of them.When i switch back to vista the ms connects right to it off of com5. I tried switch usb ports and eveything and i cannot get it to connect when using the virtual pc xp. How did you get your ms connected to your virtual pc xp? Please tell me what program you are using and anything and everything you did to make it work. This is what is holding my car back from starting. (Terry i pm'd you)

Vinnie

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-29-08 03:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3949, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 15

Don't run Vista.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

95eclipseSlowJul-29-08 03:26 PM
271 posts,
#3950, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 16

So should i just change operating systems on my laptop? It has windows vista on it right now, should i just remove vista and put windows xp on it?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-30-08 02:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3951, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 17
Jul-30-08 02:50 AM by DarkOne

So should i just change operating systems on my laptop? It has windows vista on it right now, should i just remove vista and put windows xp on it?

Don't really care what you do, but it seems pretty obvious to me that the version of MegaTune you're running doesn't work under Vista.

Using a serial -> USB adapter isn't recommended anyway, and then trying to connect the host USB to a guest OS in a VM on top of that is surely going to work poorly, if at all. You're just trying to find a complicated solution to a simple problem.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

ModeratortekleinJul-30-08 03:25 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#3952, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 18

And dont go putting XP onto the Vista laptop until you are sure you have access to all of the drivers you may need.

95eclipseSlowJul-30-08 03:48 AM
271 posts,
#3953, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 19

It shouldnt be complicated. MS should just connect to xp no matter if its a virtual pc or not. I dont know what else to do, i have megatune 2.25 p3 I already have a msq ready an everything, its this damn connection issue. What do i do besides buy a new laptop?

ModeratortekleinJul-30-08 05:35 AM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#3954, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 20

It shouldnt be complicated. MS should just connect to xp no matter if its a virtual pc or not. I dont know what else to do, i have megatune 2.25 p3 I already have a msq ready an everything, its this damn connection issue. What do i do besides buy a new laptop?

Put everything back to stock, sell MS.

ModeratortekleinJul-30-08 05:36 AM
1699 posts,
#3955, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 21

Oh, and this:

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3410

eclipse982nrRSTJul-30-08 06:28 AM
6314 posts,
#3956, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
Jul-30-08 06:28 AM by eclipse982nrRST

Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by 95eclipseSlow It shouldnt be complicated. MS should just connect to xp no matter if its a virtual pc or not. I dont know what else to do, i have megatune 2.25 p3 I already have a msq ready an everything, its this damn connection issue. What do i do besides buy a new laptop?

damn, you beat me to it.

your car is going to blow up, sorry.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

95eclipseSlowJul-30-08 08:55 AM
271 posts,
#3957, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 23

i have everything connected now. I have megatune running on vista and it connects to my ms unit. Car still will not start though.

eclipse982nrRSTJul-30-08 10:57 AM
6314 posts,
#3958, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 24

i have everything connected now. I have megatune running on vista and it connects to my ms unit. Car still will not start though.

exactly our points dude.

TAKE EVERYTHING OFF AND RUN A STOCK ECU.

YOU ARE IN OVER YOUR HEAD.

Okay, simmer down Mike.

Take everything related to your spark and remove it and plug in the stock coil/ecu to run spark. Get the fucking thing running on fuel FIRST and fuel ONLY first, and then go from there.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

djtrickeeJul-30-08 12:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#3959, "RE: I cant get my car to start"

Originally posted by 95eclipseSlow It shouldnt be complicated. MS should just connect to xp no matter if its a virtual pc or not. I dont know what else to do, i have megatune 2.25 p3 I already have a msq ready an everything, its this damn connection issue. What do i do besides buy a new laptop?

Agreed. These threads really irritate me. If you don't know basic electronics and have BASIC car knowledge why the hell would you run a full standalone? And then when you can't get it to run you don't do any research or diagnosing, but complain to an online car forum that your car wont run? HATE IT.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

eclipse982nrRSTJul-30-08 02:57 PM
6314 posts,
#3960, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 26

Originally posted by djtrickee
Agreed. These threads really irritate me. If you don't know basic electronics and have BASIC car knowledge why the hell would you run a full standalone? And then when you can't get it to run you don't do any research or diagnosing, but complain to an online car forum that your car wont run? HATE IT.

For once, I agree with deej.

Everyone needs a little help getting started with new things and thats a given, but hell dude, your just straight out lost.

I dont give a hoot what you say, your freaking lost and extremely WAY in over your head dude.

Come one now, it took you over a week to wire 3 wires for a FCD correctly when 3 people gave you correct schematic and wiring colors and you still didnt get it right (dont make me find the thread cuz I will)...

We are telling you in good faith, take everything off and sell the MS and put your shit back to stock. You are going to blow something up if you ever do figure out what the hell your doing wrong, and then you will be back asking us how you burnt a hole through your piston.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ModeratortekleinJul-30-08 03:14 PM
1699 posts,
#3961, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 27

Well you both missed the seven hour episode in chat today.

Dudes determined, ill give him that!

eclipserst3Aug-05-08 08:29 AM
Member since Jan 26th 2006
204 posts,
#3973, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 28

dude, when i had problems getting my car to run right i got a map from terry and tuned from that. then again i'm using the oem ignition. just try and see what happens. the learning prosess will go faster if the car runs.

got that megasquirt!

95eclipseSlowAug-05-08 09:36 AM
271 posts,
#3974, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 29

yeah im going to go ahead and use the stock ecu for ignition and just run fuel with MS. I pm'd him and asked him if he could make me a base fuel map for 450cc injectors (hopefully he will =/). I tried running ms fuel and spark but i couldnt get any spark at all so im just going to do what everyone else said to do and just run fuel for now. Everything is wired correctly and i have good solid connections i just need a good map to start with.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-07-08 10:01 AM
8331 posts,
#3977, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 30

you need to contact the seller for a base map....thats why you spent your money with him.

95eclipseSlowAug-12-08 04:44 AM
271 posts,
#3981, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 31

i wired the stock coil wires back in and plugged the stock ecu back in. I tested for spark and i am getting it but my car still will not start. MS is running the fuel stock ecu is running the ignition. What now?

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-12-08 05:21 AM
8331 posts,
#3982, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 32

you need to contact the seller for a base map....thats why you spent your money with him.

Read the manual, it walks you through getting the car started

95eclipseSlowAug-12-08 07:40 AM
271 posts,
#3983, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 33
Aug-12-08 05:51 PM by 95eclipseSlow

im not getting any fuel at all and symtech didn't supply me with a base map. what do i do to get my injectors to spray???

ModeratortekleinAug-13-08 03:24 AM
1699 posts,
#3984, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 34

im not getting any fuel at all and symtech didn't supply me with a base map. what do i do to get my injectors to spray???

Symtech sold you the unit, call them. Seriously.

scorpo86Aug-20-08 11:05 AM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#4013, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 35

vin you still cant get that thing started, damn that sucks. mine still will not start as well. i think the ecu is bad, im just going to have to dump money for a new one and hope it works. hey do you know when i came by and to see if your home. i noticed that your car was a 95 or 96. you had that style ecu but had a face life with the 97

95eclipseSlowAug-20-08 12:41 PM
271 posts,
#4014, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 36

yup 95 with 97 front bumper. Oh and my car is running now just needs to be tuned =/

scorpo86Aug-21-08 03:20 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#4017, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 37

dude, its running with the ms, not just the fuel? if so sweet, get that money and tune that thing

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3927 Previous topic | Next topic