Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3927
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I cant get my car to start" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 03:36 AM
Member since Apr 21st 2007
271 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3927, "I cant get my car to start"

I have dsm 450cc injectors, all i get is cranking. I havent got it to idle at all. Ive read megamanual and searched and searched. What do i have to do to get this car to run??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
eclipse982nrRSTJul-28-08 05:09 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3928, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 95eclipseSlow
I have dsm 450cc injectors, all i get is cranking. I havent got it to idle at all. Ive read megamanual and searched and searched. What do i have to do to get this car to run??

Take everything out and run the stock computer.

Seriously, if you couldnt wire a FCD right I honestly do not see how your going to run MSnS.

Do you have cranking RPM's? Are your injectors firing at all?

Do you have spark?

Give some more fucking information.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 05:17 AM
271 posts,
#3929, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 1

yes i have cranking rpms. How do i check if my injectors are fireing? What should i do to test for spark? Chill dude this is my first time using megatune.

eclipse982nrRSTJul-28-08 05:24 AM
6314 posts,
#3930, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 2

yes i have cranking rpms. How do i check if my injectors are fireing? What should i do to test for spark? Chill dude this is my first time using megatune.

Are you serious?

Seriously, are you serious?

You seriously dont know how to check for spark?
You seriously dont know if your injectors are firing? Notice how I spelled that without an E in it?

How do you know you have cranking RPMS? Because the engine cranks over?

Seriously, are you serious here?

Im serious here.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 05:30 AM
271 posts,
#3931, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 3

I cant check for spark when im the only one home. How do you check to see if the injectors are firing though? The rpms on the megatune display go to 300rpm when cranking.Will you just help me? Please?

eclipse982nrRSTJul-28-08 05:32 AM
6314 posts,
#3932, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 4

I cant check for spark when im the only one home. How do you check to see if the injectors are firing though? The rpms on the megatune display go to 300rpm when cranking.Will you just help me? Please?

Sure, take everything out dude.

Are you running spark and fuel?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 05:34 AM
271 posts,
#3933, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 5

yes, i am running spark and fuel. Im sure everything is hooked up right, i just dont know what to do with the settings.

eclipse982nrRSTJul-28-08 08:20 AM
6314 posts,
#3934, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 6

yes, i am running spark and fuel. Im sure everything is hooked up right, i just dont know what to do with the settings.

oh god.

what settings are you referring to?

who did you buy the ecu from? are you sure its modified for the 420a?

pull your plugs and see if they are soaked in fuel. actually no, pull your plugs and take a picture of them and post it here.

pull a wire off of your coil, place it somewhere around the coil and crank it, you can watch from the gap between the underside of the hood and the wiper cowel. see if are sparking...you should be able to hear it if you are.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 09:36 AM
271 posts,
#3937, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 7

the constants,enrichments, and ve table all the settings. I bought the pcm from symtech and it is configured for the 420a im going to check for spark right now and i will post a pic of a plug later.

95eclipseSlowJul-28-08 09:52 AM
271 posts,
#3938, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 8

tested for spark and i had none on all coils. I also noticed that on windows vista megatune doesnt have a spark setting like it does on xp, think this could be the problem? The connections are solid.

eclipse982nrRSTJul-28-08 09:56 AM
6314 posts,
#3939, "RE: I cant get my car to start"
In response to Reply # 9

tested for spark and i had none on all coils. I also noticed that on windows vista megatune doesnt have a spark setting like it does on xp, think this could be the problem? The connections are solid.

so you have no spark. start diagnosing shit.

and as far as your constants, enrichments, cranking pulse widths etc, If you read the mega manual you would know what the hell to do.

I now know that you either A, did NOT read megamanual or B you did read it and your clueless as all hell as to what the heck you are doing.

Honestly, I peronsally think you are EXTREMELY over your head with Megasquirt. I would suggest seriously taking everything off and put your fuel and ignition system back to stock, because you are going to make something explode very soon.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3927 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic