Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3244
View in linear mode

Subject: "MSnS install in the wiki now" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorbullettdsmJun-05-07 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3244, "MSnS install in the wiki now"
Jun-09-07 01:28 AM by bullettdsm

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=MSnS%20INSTALL%20(parts/wiring%20only!)

I just wanted to put this in here for a little bit. Some people are intimidated by the MSnS install and I wanted to try to show them it is approachable. These same people probably don't enter the MSnS forum, so I wanted to give a little "air time" here. I'll move it in a little bit so that searchers can find it in the correct forum.

The pictures are downloaded on my computer. They will be coming real soon (takes a little more time to load those up).

This is for the "hardware" install only (sensors/wires/connections etc.). The tuning aspect is a bit more difficult to write up.

I hope this helps others who may be a little apprehensive.

Many thanks to Star Turbo Talon and VelocitaPaolo for the help.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, djtrickee, Jun-05-07 08:30 AM, #1
RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-05-07 09:10 AM, #2
RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-05-07 09:13 AM, #3
RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, VelocitaPaola, Jun-05-07 09:16 AM, #4
RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-05-07 09:20 AM, #5
      RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-05-07 09:22 AM, #6
           RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-05-07 01:45 PM, #7
                RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, totaleclipse_05, Jun-05-07 03:05 PM, #8
                     RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, jack_of_trades, Jun-05-07 05:47 PM, #9
                     RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-06-07 12:24 PM, #10
                          RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-06-07 04:44 PM, #11
                               RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, TeamDR1665, Jun-07-07 05:22 AM, #12
                                    RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, cougar694u, Jun-07-07 08:13 AM, #13
                                         RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-08-07 08:11 AM, #14
                                              RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, TKI, Jun-08-07 02:54 PM, #15
                                                   RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, tbone, Jul-02-07 05:08 PM, #16
                                                        MSnS install in the wiki now, 420a_power, May-19-09 03:29 PM, #17
                                                             RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-20-09 05:27 AM, #18
                                                                  RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-20-09 06:49 AM, #19
                                                                       RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-20-09 07:58 AM, #20
                                                                            RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, 420a_power, May-20-09 09:22 AM, #21
                                                                            RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-24-09 04:01 AM, #22
                                                                                 RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, 420a_power, May-26-09 09:19 AM, #23
                                                                                      RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, 420a_power, May-26-09 12:46 PM, #24
                                                                                           RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, adamzty, May-26-09 01:36 PM, #25
                                                                                                RE: MSnS install in the wiki now, 420a_power, May-26-09 03:40 PM, #26

djtrickeeJun-05-07 08:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3245, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow. Good stuff.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GJun-05-07 09:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#3246, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-05-07 09:18 AM by RoninEclipse2G

link no worky?

Edit: Got it, might be my browser (crappy ass work computers) had to copy/paste the link to the addy bar.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-05-07 09:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3247, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 0

AWESOME!

I edited it and added a heading. Changing it to whatever you'd like.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

VelocitaPaolaJun-05-07 09:16 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#3248, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice work, Mark. I'm really happy I could help with the install!

-http://www.symtechlabs.com/-

RoninEclipse2GJun-05-07 09:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#3249, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 4

good writeup! PICS will make it awesome. definitly gonna print this one out before I get mine.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratorxcasbonxJun-05-07 09:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#3250, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 5

That will definitely help me out some when I get around to installing mine. Great stuff man

I contributed to the Wiki.

ModeratorbullettdsmJun-05-07 01:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#3251, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks guys. Really glad that it will be helpful. Heading works fine for me, Dino. Thanks. Slapped it on quick this morning before work. Missed the heading.

Yeah, the pics will definitely tie this all together. Unfortunately, for some reason, my pic site (putfile) doesn't like me right now. No sweat, it will.

I'm really hoping that this will give others confidence to try the install (as well as help others who just wanted to check out how someone else did it). It may also bring a little more attention to our wiki from other sites (thus generating interest in the site). I haven't come across any other pic type installs of the MSnS. When I was researching I would have liked to see an install on any car (hell, even if it was a mustang) so I might transfer some info.

I'll start getting the pics up as soon as putfile talks to me

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq

totaleclipse_05Jun-05-07 03:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#3252, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 7

You can upload your pics directly to 2GNT so they won't have a chance to be lost down the road. That's what I did for my writeup. Looks great so far Mark, this will be a great asset to the community in the future!

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

jack_of_tradesJun-05-07 05:47 PM
Member since Oct 30th 2005
217 posts,
#3253, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 8

Nice job Mark, can't wait to see it with the pics. Great addition to the NT community

Jamie-
-AUTOMATIC turbo'd 95 Talon ESI@8psi (stock internals)14.0sec=1/4 mile

-2003 Mitsubishi Evo VIII

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-06-07 12:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3254, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
You can upload your pics directly to 2GNT so they won't have a chance to be lost down the road. That's what I did for my writeup. Looks great so far Mark, this will be a great asset to the community in the future!

Quoted for truth.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

ModeratorbullettdsmJun-06-07 04:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#3255, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 10

Just an update. Got the bulk of the pics on there now. You might want to source and enlarge a couple for clarity, but for the most part I'm hoping its understandable. With this many things in the install, you quickly learn how hard it is to get all the pics that you want while you're installing.

Captain Caveman

TeamDR1665Jun-07-07 05:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#3256, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 11

That is fucking brilliant, Mark!

cougar694uJun-07-07 08:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#3257, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 12
Jun-07-07 08:14 AM by cougar694u

That's awesome man, too bad I can't +2 on the points again.

I'd like to do this on my busa, but it's a little more than I'm willing to put into it at the moment.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

ModeratorbullettdsmJun-08-07 08:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#3258, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 13

Thanks Luke, appreciate the thought . This one actually took a little work to write up due to the various different configs and processes that you can use (I obviously pared it down to more general).

Right back at you, Brian. The bonus on this one is that the Wiki is seeing some traffic from "another" DSM site. Good to let them know what we got.

Now if I can just work this into a thread over at that neon site......

MB

Captain Caveman

TKIJun-08-07 02:54 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
528 posts,
#3259, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 14

Its saying no content on that page. Maybe its cause Im using a mac?

'95 Eclipse RS (sold)
'99 Eclipse GS OZ (sold)
'90 Eclipse GST (sold)
'90 Talon TSI AWD (sold)
'94 Plymouth Laser RS (sold)
'04 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t (sold)
'08 Silverado LTZ (daily)

tboneJul-02-07 05:08 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2006
103 posts,
#3286, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 15

Mark,

Thats awesome. I will be attempting my install next week. I hope to what ever is holy that it goes smooth.

I am starting my install next monday. I have 7 days to get it back up and running. Lets see what happens.

Tom

98 RS 5spd.

420a_powerMay-19-09 03:29 PM
Member since Mar 06th 2008
17 posts,
#4495, "MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 16

hey there am in installing my MSNS kit right now and i am trying to use the wiki wright up but the pics will not upload. can someone send me the wright up to
Mattawanbeast1@aol.com

fully built+.63 turbo

ModeratorbullettdsmMay-20-09 05:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#4496, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by 420a_power
hey there am in installing my MSNS kit right now and i am trying to use the wiki wright up but the pics will not upload. can someone send me the wright up to Mattawanbeast1@aol.com fully built+.63 turbo

Goddamn Putfile!! I'm in the process of changing all the pics for my write-ups. That's the last one I have to change

Captain Caveman

ModeratorbullettdsmMay-20-09 06:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#4497, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 18

Done

Captain Caveman

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-20-09 07:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#4498, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 19

Why don't you just upload them to 2gnt? Then you'll always know where they are... and they'll always WORK.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

420a_powerMay-20-09 09:22 AM
17 posts,
#4499, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 20

thanks a lot!

ModeratorbullettdsmMay-24-09 04:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#4502, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by DarkOne
Why don't you just upload them to 2gnt? Then you'll always know where they are... and they'll always WORK.

I'd like to but, apparently, I'm too stupid, lol. Tried previously, could never get the right tag on there. Tried again at a different time, and it worked but then I lost the pic in all the other pics. So then I said screw it.

Captain Caveman

420a_powerMay-26-09 09:19 AM
17 posts,
#4503, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 22

i have just got done installing my 420a EMS kit wires on my car and the only thing i cant figure out is what kind on 12v relay it is. also dose any one have any other pics of how the wired up there car?

pics r coming soon

thanks

420a_powerMay-26-09 12:46 PM
17 posts,
#4505, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 23

this is how i wired up my kit but i do not have spark. the middle light blinks once when i first turn on the car after that the light stays off. plz help this is starting to take longer then i wanted it to.

MSnS 005.JPG

MSnS 006.JPG

MSnS 007.JPG

MSnS 008.JPG

MSnS 009.JPG

MSnS 010.JPG

MSnS 011.JPG

MSnS 012.JPG

adamztyMay-26-09 01:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#4507, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by 420a_power
this is how i wired up my kit but i do not have spark. the middle light blinks once when i first turn on the car after that the light stays off. plz help this is starting to take longer then i wanted it to. MSnS 005.JPG MSnS 006.JPG MSnS 007.JPG MSnS 008.JPG MSnS 009.JPG MSnS 010.JPG MSnS 011.JPG MSnS 012.JPG

You need to post the full URL of the picture. Are these your pictures?

420a_powerMay-26-09 03:40 PM
17 posts,
#4509, "RE: MSnS install in the wiki now"
In response to Reply # 25

yes thos are my pics. sorry they are not that clear. dose it look like i have done everything right? how did u guys install the relays.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3244 Previous topic | Next topic