Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMSnS install in the wiki now
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=3244
3244, MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=MSnS%20INSTALL%20(parts/wiring%20only!)

I just wanted to put this in here for a little bit. Some people are intimidated by the MSnS install and I wanted to try to show them it is approachable. These same people probably don't enter the MSnS forum, so I wanted to give a little "air time" here. I'll move it in a little bit so that searchers can find it in the correct forum.

The pictures are downloaded on my computer. They will be coming real soon (takes a little more time to load those up).

This is for the "hardware" install only (sensors/wires/connections etc.). The tuning aspect is a bit more difficult to write up.

I hope this helps others who may be a little apprehensive.

Many thanks to Star Turbo Talon and VelocitaPaolo for the help.
3245, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow. Good stuff.
3246, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
link no worky? :shrug

Edit: Got it, might be my browser (crappy ass work computers) had to copy/paste the link to the addy bar.
3247, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
AWESOME!

I edited it and added a heading. Changing it to whatever you'd like.
3248, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by VelocitaPaola, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice work, Mark. I'm really happy I could help with the install!

-http://www.symtechlabs.com/-

3249, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good writeup! PICS will make it awesome. definitly gonna print this one out before I get mine.
3250, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That will definitely help me out some when I get around to installing mine. Great stuff man :thumbsup
3251, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Thanks guys. Really glad that it will be helpful. Heading works fine for me, Dino. Thanks. Slapped it on quick this morning before work. Missed the heading.

Yeah, the pics will definitely tie this all together. Unfortunately, for some reason, my pic site (putfile) doesn't like me right now. No sweat, it will.

I'm really hoping that this will give others confidence to try the install (as well as help others who just wanted to check out how someone else did it). It may also bring a little more attention to our wiki from other sites (thus generating interest in the site). I haven't come across any other pic type installs of the MSnS. When I was researching I would have liked to see an install on any car (hell, even if it was a mustang) so I might transfer some info.

I'll start getting the pics up as soon as putfile talks to me :shrug
3252, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can upload your pics directly to 2GNT so they won't have a chance to be lost down the road. That's what I did for my writeup. Looks great so far Mark, this will be a great asset to the community in the future!
3253, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by jack_of_trades, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Nice job Mark, can't wait to see it with the pics. Great addition to the NT community :)
3254, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
You can upload your pics directly to 2GNT so they won't have a chance to be lost down the road. That's what I did for my writeup. Looks great so far Mark, this will be a great asset to the community in the future!

Quoted for truth.
3255, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Just an update. Got the bulk of the pics on there now. You might want to source and enlarge a couple for clarity, but for the most part I'm hoping its understandable. With this many things in the install, you quickly learn how hard it is to get all the pics that you want while you're installing.

3256, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That is fucking brilliant, Mark! :thumbsup :thumbsup
3257, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That's awesome man, too bad I can't +2 on the points again.

I'd like to do this on my busa, but it's a little more than I'm willing to put into it at the moment.
3258, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Thanks Luke, appreciate the thought :thumbsup. This one actually took a little work to write up due to the various different configs and processes that you can use (I obviously pared it down to more general).

Right back at you, Brian. The bonus on this one is that the Wiki is seeing some traffic from "another" DSM site. Good to let them know what we got.

Now if I can just work this into a thread over at that neon site......

MB
3259, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by TKI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Its saying no content on that page. Maybe its cause Im using a mac?
3286, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by tbone, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mark,

Thats awesome. I will be attempting my install next week. I hope to what ever is holy that it goes smooth.

I am starting my install next monday. I have 7 days to get it back up and running. Lets see what happens.

Tom
4495, MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by 420a_power, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey there am in installing my MSNS kit right now and i am trying to use the wiki wright up but the pics will not upload. can someone send me the wright up to
Mattawanbeast1@aol.com

fully built+.63 turbo
4496, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Originally posted by 420a_power
hey there am in installing my MSNS kit right now and i am trying to use the wiki wright up but the pics will not upload. can someone send me the wright up to Mattawanbeast1@aol.com fully built+.63 turbo

Goddamn Putfile!! I'm in the process of changing all the pics for my write-ups. That's the last one I have to change

4497, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Done
4498, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Why don't you just upload them to 2gnt? Then you'll always know where they are... and they'll always WORK.
4499, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
thanks a lot!
4502, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Originally posted by DarkOne
Why don't you just upload them to 2gnt? Then you'll always know where they are... and they'll always WORK.

I'd like to but, apparently, I'm too stupid, lol. Tried previously, could never get the right tag on there. Tried again at a different time, and it worked but then I lost the pic in all the other pics. So then I said screw it.

4503, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
i have just got done installing my 420a EMS kit wires on my car and the only thing i cant figure out is what kind on 12v relay it is. also dose any one have any other pics of how the wired up there car?

pics r coming soon

thanks
4505, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
this is how i wired up my kit but i do not have spark. the middle light blinks once when i first turn on the car after that the light stays off. plz help this is starting to take longer then i wanted it to.

MSnS 005.JPG

MSnS 006.JPG

MSnS 007.JPG

MSnS 008.JPG

MSnS 009.JPG

MSnS 010.JPG

MSnS 011.JPG

MSnS 012.JPG
4507, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
Posted by adamzty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 420a_power
this is how i wired up my kit but i do not have spark. the middle light blinks once when i first turn on the car after that the light stays off. plz help this is starting to take longer then i wanted it to. MSnS 005.JPG MSnS 006.JPG MSnS 007.JPG MSnS 008.JPG MSnS 009.JPG MSnS 010.JPG MSnS 011.JPG MSnS 012.JPG

You need to post the full URL of the picture. Are these your pictures?

4509, RE: MSnS install in the wiki now
yes thos are my pics. sorry they are not that clear. dose it look like i have done everything right? how did u guys install the relays.
I generated this page in 0.0092971324920654 seconds, executing 7 queries.